It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Time 2 days in a row

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was having second thoughts about posting this, because it's such a cliche that I'm still dubious........a bit.

Anyway, it's simple and short - last week, 2 days in a row, at more or less the same time (5 pm), me and my girlfriend both realised we had lost an hour. It had gone from 5 to 7 in the space of one hour. The strange thing is we had music playing, and it wasn't interrupted as far as we noticed, but on both occasions we both looked at the clock at around 5 minutes to 7, looked at each other and realised we'd "lost" some time.

Well, all very dubious, but interesting

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Don't take this the wrong way,but were you guys under the influence of anything?No other strangness surrounded the events,such as audio shifts or bright lights flashing?Any symptoms of panic or terror before or after?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Don't take this the wrong way,but were you guys under the influence of anything?No other strangness surrounded the events,such as audio shifts or bright lights flashing?Any symptoms of panic or terror before or after?

No hallucinagenics, no flashing lights, no terror, just shock. Anyway, if I was terrified, I was too drunk to realise. I'd put it down to booze, but my girlfriend is tee total, so that rules that out

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hmm,well in your case with the alcohol,one could certainly make a case for blanking out,but if your GF was clean,then that leaves it up in the air as to what occured.I would be aware of any strange flashes of memory,or weird dreams that may occur in the coming weeks.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
Hmm,well in your case with the alcohol,one could certainly make a case for blanking out,but if your GF was clean,then that leaves it up in the air as to what occured.I would be aware of any strange flashes of memory,or weird dreams that may occur in the coming weeks.

Funny you should say that, I've already been having VERY strange dreams and visions, psychic ones, for the past year.....haha

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Pay close attention to any RECURRING dreams or images.They may be real events that only your subconscious mind is recalling.If it becomes a pattern and you want to delve deeper into it,you might consider hypnosis to unlock the memory fully.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah, reccuring dreams are common........If I ever had the money, I would love hypnosis, but until then I just plod along......I'm just happy to have abnormal dreams, it gives you a feel good vibe in the morning

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
simple - camcorder yourself on longplay for 8 hours each night , hide the cam so you are not always aware of it and next time you go off on one then you can just rewind and nosey to see

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
simple - camcorder yourself on longplay for 8 hours each night , hide the cam so you are not always aware of it and next time you go off on one then you can just rewind and nosey to see

I would if I had a camcorder. I'm thinking of getting one around christmas to do that sort of thing......I don't know If I'd like what I see, but I'm too interested not to

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead

use multiple cams if possible, make it so they are in a box that the camera can see out of but is locked by the other party, then each of you hide a box and dont tell the other where it is.

check around your general area to see if anyone else notices the same or similar phenomena

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Were you just sitting around with your girlfriend or..........

Time flies when your having fun

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

haha, sorry to dissapoint but I was playing Madden and my g/f was on the internet, no funny business to distract me, lol

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

Originally posted by mpeake

haha, sorry to dissapoint but I was playing Madden and my g/f was on the internet, no funny business to distract me, lol

That's alright. If it wasn't any funny business the next best thing would be Madden!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Can I ask you something? What made you feel like you quys had to look at the clock? A feeling? A noise? A stop in the music? Or a common time that you quit doing what you do at these times? A daydream?

I have a case of lost time too, Iam going to post a topic about it in a second, but I am not sure if mine is Alien/ufo related, it is a sleepwalking case, I think.... Ill post a link in a bit about my topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/2/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Can I ask you something? What made you feel like you quys had to look at the clock? A feeling? A noise? A stop in the music? Or a common time that you quit doing what you do at these times? A daydream?

I have a case of lost time too, Iam going to post a topic about it in a second, but I am not sure if mine is Alien/ufo related, it is a sleepwalking case, I think.... Ill post a link in a bit about my topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/2/04 by HumptyDumpty]

It was just a gut feeling, nothing else, just an urge to glance at the clock, exactly as my g/f did the same.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Missing time is common to most people in various situations. It isn't always
necessarily linked to abductions, though you probably know this.

One of the most amusing things I have had somebody tell me regarding 'missing time' was my dad. He was on his way to the supermarket when he saw a flash of light on the motorway (he recalls it blinding his vision for a few moments.) Anyway, he later he arrived at the supermarket store and just so happened to take a look at his watch and it revealed the time to be 9PM, but he left at 7PM and it is only a 15 minute journey, so that can't be right. He became a bit shocked and unsure what to make of it he says and he hurried home. When he arrived he told us the story and thought he had been abducted with that being the cause of his missing time, but it turned out his battery on his watch stopped working last night at 9PM!

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Thao]

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Thao]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thao
he told us all the story and thought he had been abducted and had missing time, but it turned out his battery on his watch stopped working last night at 9PM!

Haha, I love it when people do thing like that.......

I'm not convinved it's abduction related, just a theory. I'm sure it could be something else, I'd me more inclined to put it down to ghosts cos I've had plenty of that action.........lol.

But it was very strange, I still can't really explain what happened

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well if you love your girlfriend time certainly can go by faster, in your perspective.

I broke it up in to one simple equation:

When you are aware of time (for example being at a boring work office)
it goes slower in your perspective.

However when you are not aware of time (being with your girlfriend)
it goes faster in your perspective.

So technically you felt every 2 seconds was 1 seconds. Time felt like it was going 2 times as fast

-or-

If you are serious, check to see the length of the music album

If you are still are unsure why it's 7 then go check yourself into a hospital and spread your story 'round the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
Well if you love your girlfriend time certainly can go by faster, in your perspective.

Haha, I spend almost every minute of my life with her, I'm sure I would notice other times........it's a lovely theory, but this was more "Bang" than "Where'd the time go Honey?", lol

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I've only had one lost time incident which was a couple months ago, but it was while I was asleep. It involved my dad as well.

This one day I went to sleep at around 2pm in the daytime and all of a sudden my dad comes rushing into my room, wakes me up, and asks if it's 7am or 7pm because he didn't know since he had to work later that night. I turn to look at the clock and obviously say it's 7pm because I also felt tired like I've only been sleeping for a couple of hours. So he says okay and is relieved but then I look out and notice it's kind of dark at the moment because at that time it wouldn't be dark till almost 8pm, but then it's also not dark at 7am, so I felt that was odd. So I turn on the TV to check the time to see if it's 7am or 7pm and it wound up being 7am. So I wound up sleeping around 17 hours and I've never done that before. It wouldn't have been THAT odd to me because there's a first time for everything so I would have just figured that was my first time ever sleeping that long, but since my dad had the same problem trying to tell what time it really was, I found it weird.

- N

top topics

<<   2 >>

join