It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govcorporation: How dangerous is this gov/corporatist marriage of convenience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When government has a stake in the success of large vested publicly or privately traded corporations there in lies a conflict of interest that can not be ignored. Government employee pension funds are largely controlled by hedge funds that are heavily invested in the Fortune 500. (Including big banks and huge defense contractors, chemical companies, energy companies, and big pharma)

This is to say that current American branded corporatism was exactly outlined by Mussolini in his description of Corporatism which was his word for Fascism.

Between government sponsored big corp bailouts and equity ownership in those same institutions by largely government employee funded hedge funds how much capital is presently at risk when the government absorbs that risk?

The banking sector equity ownership by these government employee retirement funded hedge funds is very troubling when you consider that it is government through regulation and enforcement that creates and removes risk from said industrial sectors. We are in a quandary here.

Law makers and all other government employees clearly have a vested interest in the status quo in finance and other big corporations. This type of corporatism of convenience has become normal in the USA to the point that no one seems to notice just how freaking dangerous this situation is to liberty, the rule of law, the environment, and basic human dignity. Fairness is out the window.

Companies that could mess with the profits of corporations that the government pension funds are invested in could find themselves regulated out of existence to defend the government pension hedge fund’s position.

The potential for abuse has no doubt become widely exploited.

Review the work done by these guys: cafr1.com...

This will clue you in if you read through the annual reports for all of the government budgets just how much goes into funds for retirement that are heavily exposed to institutions that are themselves exposed to these toxic assets.

The power is concentrated for all of these connected to government companies in that 147 companies own controlling interest in 40% of the entire worlds resources. There are actually even fewer controllers that that when you consider the 4 companies that own most of those 147 entities.

See his Forbes Article: The Four Companies That Control the 147 Companies That Own Everything

I will not detail all of my research on this in one post in this thread because it is going into a book I am coming out with soon. It is clear by my research that there is a great deal of investment that government employee owned pension funds are exposed to that they are also in a position to regulate and enforce in favor of or against in their own interest that most of us have never considered.

Americans are turning into a bunch of internet connected newseys that want to know everything so there are more of my peers out there everyday so I think this new book I am working on will be very well accepted by the public. The government and their buddies in their favorite corporations might find the ramifications pretty alarming to their cozy corporatist arrangement but the public will eat this up I think.

The alarm bells will be going off here in moments. Thousands of gov/bot sock puppets may descend on this thread as it is monitored by TPTB if it picks up steam and reveals something very embarrassing in the very near future.

Stay newsey my friends.

edit on 7-11-2011 by wayouttheredude because: title misspelled

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Firstly, correct the spelling in your title, it makes an easy target for those that will wish to rubbish your thread.

Back to the subject, how dangerous is it ?

Well one only needs to open a modern history book to discover Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Soviet Russia as glaring examples of corporatist governments...corporations are not democratic...people should become very alarmed when governments embrace corporations, it is a clear sign that democracy has been subverted and that genocide and prison camps are just around the corner.

Cosmic..
edit on 7-11-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It is definitely not a good thing to have our politicians being bought by these corporations. They use money to bribe the votes in their favor, so that business becomes easier for them, while the people have to deal with the consequence of such a stunt. Money needs to be gotten rid of, then we will be able to overcome our issues. As long as there is money, those who have most of it will be king, while the common man is forced to work all of his life for these rich few or face starvation.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Youji69

I don't know if I agree with getting rid of money but I do understand the view of getting rid of fiat money created out of nothing that only the banking elite and government class can create on a whim that is power provided them with with no substance or backing with reality. Commodity money is harder to abuse n this way if we have legal controls that protect those who are being harmed from those exploiting them.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
OK I have some of the basic set up done on Govcorporation.com and have started putting together the outline for the site set up. Now I need someone that has an interest in being on the inside of this operation to come forward and help me out on the social media management of this effort.

I am working on the book. I will be adding links to bullet points from the book here and links to the basic research data as it goes along. I want to provide people with the ability to participate in the work. As the story unfolds I want to have people provide intel for the book because they want to see the details of this firm up in an easy to read way for public consumption.

The challenge I should outline here is that a lot of technical and financial information puts a lot pf people to sleep. What you learn is that this is the exact trick of the banking and legal class to lull the sheeple to sleep. Use lots of words they do not understand and they start to think hey this guy is smarter than me maybe he can manage my money better than me. Stupid when you think about it isn't it?

Anyhow. I will bet there are others that have worked on this that might be interested in co-authorship or editorial work. If so please PM me and I will set up access for you once we have spoken.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't call the Corporate Oligarchy the Corps for no reason.

Pathological Zombification.
edit on 2011/11/8 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Links to videos or it didn't happen.

second

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Aeons

Links to videos or it didn't happen.

second

You don't exist. You have no URL therefore you are not IRL.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What are you talking about? My url is in my profile. Did you even look or is this some kind of drunk posting?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Trade is a very human trait.

Corporatism is a pathological cancer.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We now have an opening chapter. We are going to open chapter 1 discussing the connections between Goldman Sachs and Government as I feel they are in a position globally now to cause terrible suffering with their interconnectedness with Leviathan. Feel free to sign up if you want to contribute to this collaborative writing / research effort.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Felix Salmon over at Reuters has provided govcorporation.com a great big bunch of validation in his recent piece: Hank Paulson's Inside Job
This fits in beautifully to the first chapter which was aptly named for Goldman Sachs.

Cudos to Felix. This is a great piece of work. I hope against hope that heads might soon roll or at least a couple of perp walks.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Various media keep trying to "nationalize" the issue of Corporatism. Like this problem is contained to a single nation, or is the fault of one.

Corporations and other agencies act outside nations.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think the largest nation with the most corporatism is the United States of America Inc. About nationalizing it I think it is pretty obvious to most observers that global corporations create the conditions needed for globalist corporatism.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No they don't. People refusing to deal with the world in a Global manner just means everyone quits the field and leaves it wide open for pirates in suits.

new topics

top topics

join