It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with all empty threats from Anon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
In the past month I've heard about anon bringing down the NYSE, and TSX, along with that promis that facebook was going to be taken down on the 5th. In all the cases nothing has happened.

So what's up?

Now I know some of you anon guys are here, so can you tell me why on the 5th of November when I opened up my facebook account, there it was?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Using the search tool would be a prudent way of answering your question. There are already a number of threads asking and answering the same questions.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

I have to second this, I kind of support some of their moves, but over all i did not remember remember the 5th of november

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Check Out My Thread Here

It's because everyone can make a crap video purporting to be Anonymous, and technically they are because they are... Anonymous... like using an ellipsis...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Anon. is not just one group or person. Theirs the Mexican anon group, american, canadian(we suck) and other anon groups around the globe.

They dont all work together, normally they work within their prospective country.

The group in Brazil are the most committed to vigilante justice.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
They say that the facebook operation wasn't done by someone in their group. But they clearly say that Anon is "you and I" and that everybody is Anonymous. So technically it was someone from the group that created the operation. However, they did not carry out the operation because more than likely they realized they could not do it or were scared.

Anonymous is a stupid organization that clearly has leaders that dictate what they will attack. Nobody knows who these leaders are and they could possibly have ties with the government. These leaders dictate all attacks and thus far the attacks have been meaningless.

I went to Anonymous and talked to some of the members through their IRC and the vast majority of them have a holier than thou attitude. There is a huge disconnect from the people that go around on message boards with the guy fawkes mask that say they are a part of anonymous and the actual people that carry out the attacks. I would say there are roughly 100 members that are a part of the true anonymous group that carry out the attacks and dictate who they will attack.

Right now I think that Anonymous is a CIA operation to find the best hackers on the internet and they use it to recruit them into the family.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well this has been disappointing, I understand that we are talking about a truly anarchistic movement. However this facebook thing did get a lot of press, and seemed legit.

Regardless of the reasons why, I think it does more harm to have major claims with no results, then to do nothing at all.

Forgive my ignorance and laziness in not searching this out but did any other aspect of the group message that the November 5 action wasn't going to take place?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They want us to feel protected by their balls.

Of course.

Very funny how they threaten

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As stated months ago its because in the grand scheme of things its internet folks most of whom arnt that amazing as hackers and alot of whom are teenagers running scripts...

they threaten some folk, then they seem some folk getting arrested, then they realise there not really built for jail life

its simple, they are not the kind of people who are going to cause actual anarchy, most of them are not the kind of people to properly "hack" systems for any amount of worthwhile data... a few pics here.. some low level docs there....

its not that they dont have "good" intentions its just that they made it too easy to use there name for those who likle to talk a good game do things under their banner...

**** As a note when i refer to "them" i mean those from the 4Chan side of things, the less than pleasant demi-hackers (who were selfish and unpleasant) who started this whole thing******
edit on 7-11-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

They also promised to take dowm the website for fox news because of murdochs hacking, also for november 5 but the never lived up, i still dont get what theyre up to

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So what is the scoope with this big 3 part social reformation that was initiated ealier this year. You know the video I'm taking about? Is that legit or is that just another group of teens with high imaginations and video editing skills?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Dont fret.. Anonymous is just taking a page out of Julian Assange / Wikiuleaks playbook.

Make grandiose claims to gain attention, then ask for money and never deliver...

In this case anonymous has not figured out the money part..

new topics

top topics

join