It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by whaaa

I'm with ya whaaa.

I will add your Toyota to my prayer list.
Really I'll pray God has His will with your transportation.
Maybe He will bless you with something special.

Bless your heart!

As long as we're a prayin for my transportation; could we upgrade from a Toyota to perhaps a Lotus or a Porsche? We could take a spin up to Durango and have ourselves a time!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

this is the way I pray =)

I ask everyone to rethink the idea of simply dismissing this thread, everyone has something to say to god, or whatever you want to call it. don't just pass it up in anger.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Blarneystoner

That too. When it is discussed you never hear a person of faith open themselves to the possiblity that they could be wrong which is essentially accepting ignorance as opposed to denying it.

Who do you think you are to tell us what we can believe and what we cannot? Who are you to force onto us your "truth" when we do not see your truth as the truth but to us they are lies?

To you our truths are lies, to us your truths are lies. So, hows about you just leave this alone because youre pissing into the wind and frankly those of us who are believers really don't care for your judgement on calling us "ignorant". To us, youre the one that is accepting ignorance when you could be denying it. See what i am saying?

Besides, will it hurt you to believe in Yeshua ha Meshiach (Jesus Christ)? Youre going to die anyway, does it hurt you to have hope that something of you will survive your body becoming wormfood? Youre dead either way, but what if youre wrong? Ah but let me guess, you couldn'tpossibly be wrong. You know so much about what happens after death that you are so cocksure that nothing happens after death. Let me ask you this. Have you ever been dead and come back to tell about what you saw? No you haven't, so you do not know 100% and for you to even think you do know 100% makes you sound like a fool.

Who do I think I am? You guys do it all the time.

I understand that me having an open mind might be frightening to you. Where in this thread have I said that I know anything 100% or that I could not be wrong? That's a job for christians.

As for sounding like a fool, I'm not the one whose current belief system is in an archaic, unproven, second hand god myth.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Garfee because: grammar as usual. I blame satan.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
TD Jakes Exposed

TD JAKES EXPOSED ON LARRY KING LIVE prosperity gospel sermons BENNYHINNTV.COM.wmv

www.google.com... h?q=td+jake+exposed&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

pray is fine I agree with that but please don't listen to the wolfs on tbn

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
I know where you can find a blog where everyone can pray together, try this link www.invesp.com...

and stay there!

edit on 7-11-2011 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

"And stay there!" ?

I'm not religious AT ALL but seeing the attitudes of these anti-religion folks im not suprised even the slightest we have this many wars going on.

I've read up[to the post i replied to so i don't know how the rest of the thread looks yet but if it's this kind of BS all the time we need all the prayer we can get to fix this world.

GL OP!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If you do not believe in a god, or prayer, why respond at all to a thread in which you are politely invited to do so? I find the immaturity that internet anonymity brings quite annoying. I am not a religious person, and have my own sets of beliefs, and opinions on the issue. However, I have no desire whatsoever to engage in such childish poor form as to show up to a "prayer meeting" of sorts just to heckle. It's rude, and you wouldn't do it if you didn't have miles of wires between you, and a certain level of digital immunity to repercussions. So don't do it just because you can. You can't expect any level of respect from others when you cannot show it yourself. Next time someone is heckling you remember what goes around, comes around. Don't ever expect any level of automatic respect on these forums when you don't have it. There are members of ATS with whom I completely disagree, but respect that they are intelligent, and that their system works for them. If you can't show respect don't expect respect.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Binder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

I would speak my mind the same as if you were in front of me.

As for anonymity, for my part, my avatar is me and my username is hardly a far stretch from my real name.

You can't see the point in questioning one's beliefs o a conspiracy website?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
TD Jakes really? The prosperity preaching, triune God denying heretic.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

And the devil is pretty much implanted in our brains.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Stating your mind, and opinions is absolutely what this site is for. In the appropriate place, and at the appropriate time. That's called manners, and decorum. As far as religious conspiracies... sure there's metric tons of evidence for them. The point is that coming to this particular thread to air your opinions is dubious at best, and most likely just trolling. It is akin to going to a restaruant you know you dislike, or going to see a performance you know you do not care for just to complain loud enough to ruin it for people who do wish to be there, and engage in that activity. If you do not wish to entertain the OPs purpose for the thread, leave, it's really that simple. Find one of the thousands of religious conspiracy threads to which the airing of your opinions would be relevant, and on topic. Doing so here is rude whether or not you would act in like kind in person.

"All models are wrong some are simply useful." - Albert Einstein. If the OPs model works for him then it is correct for him, in his life. If your model works for you, use it, but do not be so ignorant, nor arrogant as to assume it is the only correct model, or that it is even complete, and/or correct at all. The first step to wisdom is realizing how pitifully little you know.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The devil is an easy scapegoat. One could call him the Scapegoat of Mendes‎.

Ha... A little religious humor.

But seriously. The devil is a way for us to describe our tendencies to do evil, self centered things, full of ego and vice. We must go deep into ourselves and rid ourselves of the blackened weeds that drag us down into suffering if we wish to do away with the devil.

I can't take the devil out of you. YOU need to take the devil out of you.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Just stop it. A person's faith should not all over the main pages of ATS.

If it is, it deserves to be critiqued as everything else is on this website.

Everyone else has to deal with it, so should those of 'faith'.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Binder

You're right. We do have to deal with it. We have to deal with people like you, who feel it's their obligation to suppress all forms of religious freedom and worship. We have to deal with people like you, who can't see beyond that which can be measured, weighed and quantified to realize that there is much more than what can be seen, felt and heard. We have to deal with people like you who are so arrogant in self centered that they believe their perspective is the only correct one and all others should be summarily dismissed. We have to deal with people like you, who constantly try to convince us that we have no right to express our point of view while at the same time shoving your own opinions down our throats in a forum where your presence is unwanted. We have to deal with people like you, who are so miserable in their own existence they feel they must condemn anyone who's life isn't just as miserable.

We have to deal with sad little men like you.

I'll pray for you....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

reply to post by Binder

You're right. We do have to deal with it. We have to deal with people like you, who feel it's their obligation to suppress all forms of religious freedom and worship. We have to deal with people like you, who can't see beyond that which can be measured, weighed and quantified to realize that there is much more than what can be seen, felt and heard. We have to deal with people like you who are so arrogant in self centered that they believe their perspective is the only correct one and all others should be summarily dismissed. We have to deal with people like you, who constantly try to convince us that we have no right to express our point of view while at the same time shoving your own opinions down our throats in a forum where your presence is unwanted. We have to deal with people like you, who are so miserable in their own existence they feel they must condemn anyone who's life isn't just as miserable.

We have to deal with sad little men like you.

I'll pray for you....

I think you whole attitude here is pretty presumptuous. For starters, there is a reason that religion, politics and sex are not generally discussed in polite company. They are all personal, individual, and contentious. If you bring your issues of faith to a forum like this, you should expect to be challenged on them...same as if you wish to discuss politics. You may disagree with the opinions expressed, but that doesn't make you right. If you feel that way...fine, but you are not correspondingly entitled to ad hominem attacks upon those who venture an opposing opinion.

From what I understand of your God, he/she/it is more impressed with expressions of humility than the arrogance of the 'True Believer'. And this is certainly not the place for proselytizing.

"Sad little men", indeed.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

If you were capable of comprehending what is actually being said here, you would understand that the only ones proselytizing are those who do not believe. There is a difference between a call for prayer and an attempt at converting you or anyone else to my way of thinking. Yet, just like others, you feel the need to express your narrow minded opinions to those who really don't give a flip; talk about arrogant. Your presumption is that your opinion matters, it doesn't, at least not as far as I'm concerned. Of course, that won't stop you from makiing the attempt to convert others to your way of thinking. Too bad that you can't recognize the utter futility of it all and that, in the grand scheme of things, you really don't matter. Not one bit.

So... keep on spewing putrid garbage from your keyboard and we'll just keep on praying. it's the one thing that none of you can stop us from doing, isn't it? I bet that really burns your ass, doesn't it?

I'll pray for you too....
edit on 8-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

As for sounding like a fool, I'm not the one whose current belief system is in an archaic, unproven, second hand god myth.

Well your so smart and evolved, I wonder why someone like you would waste time in a thread like this
There are many things I don't believe in, but one thing I do believe in is : Live and let be.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

If you were capable of comprehending what is actually being said here, you would understand that the only ones proselytizing are those who do not believe. There is a difference between a call for prayer and an attempt at converting you or anyone else to my way of thinking. Yet, just like others, you feel the need to express your narrow minded opinions to those who really don't give a flip; talk about arrogant. Your presumption is that your opinion matters, it doesn't, at least not as far as I'm concerned. Of course, that won't stop you from makiing the attempt to convert others to your way of thinking. Too bad that you can't recognize the utter futility of it all and that, in the grand scheme of things, you really don't matter. Not one bit.

So... keep on spewing putrid garbage from your keyboard and we'll just keep on praying. it's the one thing that none of you can stop us from doing, isn't it? I bet that really burns your ass, doesn't it?

Putrid garbage? That's what I get for expressing an opinion? You can pray til the cows come home, and I really, really hope it works for you. But when the OP asks "Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?", I have every right to respond, since I am an active member, and I decline to take part...but I state that preference. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, except your expectation that your religion is one big bandwagon that everyone else just can't wait to jump aboard. As a matter of fact, a lot of Christians would take offence at your aggressive stylings in this matter. Not that I want to take the 'fun' out of fundamental.

You post in a forum like this, and you are going to get response...both positive and negative. You defend your 'call for prayer', but get all Old Testament when folks step up to say "No Thanks."

Like my cop pal is wont to say, "Better suck it up, buttercup."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
You're not at at war with the Government... Iran, Iraq, or any country in the Middle East.

You are not at war with China or Russia... or Wall Street....

You are at war with the Devil...

The seemingly eternal battle approaches an apex, the enemies of God sense their time is short and on Earth, all hell is breaking loose.

Prayers won't avert the madness but maybe they can help ease the suffering of those directly affected and protect the innocent from darkness entering their souls and destroying their lives.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Putrid garbage? That's what I get for expressing an opinion? You can pray til the cows come home, and I really, really hope it works for you. But when the OP asks "Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?", I have every right to respond, since I am an active member, and I decline to take part...but I state that preference. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, except your expectation that your religion is one big bandwagon that everyone else just can't wait to jump aboard. As a matter of fact, a lot of Christians would take offence at your aggressive stylings in this matter. Not that I want to take the 'fun' out of fundamental.

You post in a forum like this, and you are going to get response...both positive and negative. You defend your 'call for prayer', but get all Old Testament when folks step up to say "No Thanks."

Like my cop pal is wont to say, "Better suck it up, buttercup."

Ha! Sounds to me like you're the one who needs to suck it up. Would you care for some cheese with that whine? Of course you have every right to respond and I have every right to counter your responses; don't I?

You make a lot of assumptions here; first, you assume that I'm a religious person, and second, you assume that this is a Christian only thread. You also assume that people will be offended by my reponse to you; I don't think so. I think you're the only one offended here. You can't handle the fact that someone of my ilk has the backbone to stand up to you. Bullies don't react very well when someone stands up to them, and you're a typical example.

Basically you have nothing to say and it's showing. You're just here to bash those who have faith in a higher power and you've come to condemn and mock those who do. That's called trolling buttercup... plain and simple... even simple enough for you to understand....

edit on 9-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I'd say our conversation is about through. God Bless...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join