It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoo to split up ‘gay’ Canadian penguins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Zookeepers in Toronto, while “fascinated” by male African penguins who appear to be a couple, even displaying signs of mating rituals, plan on splitting up the pair for the sake of captive breeding.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but their keepers have noticed the two are inseparable

www.thestar.com...
Apparently if it happens naturally, its just lack of better options

however it seems that another pair of "gay" penguins... hatched a rejected egg as reported in this ATS thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

what is the deal with wanting to control only penguins, is it their public image as suave party goers, perhaps the ice company doesn't want problems delivering to gay bars, or even the shipping company, "whatchapackinsailor?"

I believe big gay Al's gay animal Sanctuary is becoming a quick reality, and perhaps necessity, as these insensitive brutes can't keep from pushing their breeder ways off on animals that just want to be.....
FAAAAABULOUSssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

subject disclaimer; LanternofDiogenes is a breeder himself, however believes each to their own, and let them penguins be....... look at the main characters in Happy Feet, got to be the natural order if Pixar sells it

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: forgot the news link ackkk!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
haha aww poor penguins, just cant catch a break

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

So let me get this straight (pun not intended)... They are planning to separate the inseparable pair and then they expect them to breed? My thinking is that the result of this plan will be depressed, non-breeding penguins. How sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am going to star and flag this because it's such an epic fail as far as a story being news worthy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They had too, the last two gay penguins they left alone started demanding state marriage rights rather obnoxiously and it got a little ugly.....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
how insecure do you have to be with your own sexuality to limit the happiness of a freakin penguin?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
They had too, the last two gay penguins they left alone started demanding state marriage rights rather obnoxiously and it got a little ugly.....

No need...gay marriage is legal here. It's an ecological determination:

They have top-notch genes, so the zoo intends to separate them from each other and pair them with females for breeding...Native to South Africa, the African penguin population has dropped significantly, from millions centuries ago. The animals are declining by a rate of about 2 per cent a year, leading to worries about their long-term sustainability on Earth. www.thestar.com...

Not as if it upset the Church Auxiliary's annual zoo tour or anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Harper's ultra conservative approach is getting out of hand

This has to be the damndest thing I have heard in a while.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Love the Godzilla!!
Now laugh.... I mean all that work from the penguin...insiders....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Yeah, poor little guys, you ever see that one penguin, just standing in a corner....it will be these guys now... they should market this and run with it, come see Terrance and Phillip....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Johnny I get you on that... however time will tell if that stratagem will work, if these two are indeed a "couple" don't Penguins breed for life, meaning once that bond is affirmed will they except another "mate"... like I said time will tell, from a psychological point of view, this is kinda interesting...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
One of them is clearly mentally challenged.

God doesn't create homosexual animals.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
One of them is clearly mentally challenged.

God doesn't create any animals...
Their mommies and daddies do.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I don't think the animals ever got the memo, a lot of species are at it.

I've heard its particularly common in giraffes and squirrels.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cal, brother of mankind, let me shed some light on that for you, not only Giraffes, squirrels, dogs, cats, though felines are notoriously promiscuous, Monkeys and other primates have been witnessed in nature, not in cages where some nefarious gay agenda pushing zoologist would show them gay pron to sway said simple animals, but out there in the wild, how can that not be created by God? or would that prove some problems on certain dogmatic issues mostly proposed and enforced by man.... it does provide an interesting dilemma doesn't it... maybe they are satan worshiping animals doing his bidding to corrupt innocent primatologists... who knows... any answer seems likely if you ignore the facts....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm quite not sure why the Zoo Keepers seem so surprised by this.

Most bird species especially in captivity will bond with either the opposite or same sex of bird, or even a human carer.

By bond i don't mean 'mate' or 'have sex with'. When the birds have bonded, they will perform mating rituals, regurgitate for each other, preen and clean each other. The bond will last pretty much most of their lives depending on circumstance.

When a bond is broken, either by death or seperation it can be pretty distressing for the birds. So i think this story is quite sad.

edit on 7-11-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Dumb dumb dumb and shows how ignorant some people really are. Homosexual penguins pair for life! There is no way in hell they will breed. Of course this will send the right wing christians in a complete tizz who believe homosexuality is a lifestyle choice! (I wonder what the religious bent of the zookeepers is?)

Somebody once asked in a science mag :

Q : Has homosexual behaviour been observed in any other animals apart from man.
A : Homosexual behaviour occurs in all animals so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bible bashers 0 : Nature 1.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think public outrage will bring them back together.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I think public outrage will bring them back together.

If not that then lots of fan mail... didnt work for Scott Baio, but meh...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

God doesnt bow down to your weak human delusions.

what is it that frightens you about gay animals?
maybe you and God should have a real conversation.
edit on 7-11-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join