It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If an attack on Iran by Israel, The U.S., or both, were to occur, Russia would do nothing. As would China.
They have too much to lose, and nothing to gain.
Might not be wise on US or Israel's part either. But Israel doesn't want to get nuked anytime soon. and the US Gov't would like to see a barrell of oil at $250.00 (To better control the masses)...NWO and all that.
I've even heard talk of the US reinstating the draft in anticipation of a conflict with Iran.
Whatever, man...I'm getting tired of listening to it. This is something like the fifth or sixth time in the last couple of years that attacks are imminent. Next week they will be running their heads about Hugo Chavez' taking over another foreign company's assets, or Fidel Castro having a good bowel movement. Iran back on the back burner.
If this is real though....big trouble.
Noro

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The Russian spokesman is not lying........it will be a mistake.

While the US is beholden to China, and China is beholden to the US, and we are in cahoots with each other.......Russia is not beholden to either of us........and don't make the mistake of believing Russia is not a major player in all this.

Russia has been providing Iran with technologies, and helping Iran with their nuclear advancements.

They have a major interest in Iran, and I doubt it includes just allowing Iran to be bullied by the West and Israel.

Remember? Back in the 1960's? We in the US were told we must support Israel to keep the Soviets from influencing the Mid-East? This cold war still goes on. It's no longer the USSR, it's now Russia, and the entire USSR was really just Russia with a buffer zone of other counties around them.

It's a war for the control of the Eurasian area and the untapped natural resources. The US wants to control it all. Russia did want to do this also. The US appears to have the upperhand right now..........but it's become overextended......don't believe because Russia got forced out of Afghanistan that this is the end of them.
Russia has a hand in the most central country in this region. They have Iran.......Iran is the key.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The only people who want war, have never been in one or are completely deranged if they still want it after having been in bloody one.

When you've been in a war, and you wake up in the middle of the night trying to forget it all, yet again; the desire for war loses its allure.

The ashes of surviving a war, never wash off and the knowledge of what the scent of rotten dead body smells like, never ever fades from your memory.

Save your false bravado, your video game victories, and put them away as childish illusions. They will not save you from the horrors of war, when in the darkest of nights, the daemons and ghosts return to claw at your soul once more.

If you know and live in peace, rejoice for you are truly blessed.

M.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
When Iran is attacked, that will be the beginning of Armageddon. I know you non christians here think this is all BS, but all of this has been fortold many many years ago in the book of Revelations. We are now living in this time.

Actually, from what I've been observing, a lot of the obvious christian posters have been blindly supporting bombing Iran. I have little doubt that they have a preconception of the consequences. Dispensationalism is not limited to posters on ATS either; many commanders involved in making this war happen are also wishing to bring about the end of days.

Bunch of freakin' lunatics if you ask me... but at the same time, I almost want it to happen so they can be dealt with and those who wish to survive without surrendering to purgatory in the coming years can just move on with our lives.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

I can personally agree and appreciate what your saying. But on the same note I'm equally as appreciative that only a few have experienced this in our life time. Because it is my opinion that if everyone knew what war was really like we'd be a civilization without hope.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
we'll Russia certainly doesn't want this to happen but the real question is what they will do if it does. If I was a religious man I would be praying we back down of or failing that that Russia does nothing.

I hope this is just posturing on one or both sides, if not then ww3 is coming.

I'm inclined to believe it is just posturing but it is still worrying.

Ironically though if the US invades Iran and Russia responds then the USA is the warmongering villain of the war and Russia the noble defender of freedom... at least in my opinion.

Yes because stopping a country who states they want to destroy Israel from obtaining weapons that allow them to do just that (which Russia is helping them achieve) would be villainous. Russia would lose any type of conflict very quickly, they are outmatched and would do absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by monkofmimir
we'll Russia certainly doesn't want this to happen but the real question is what they will do if it does. If I was a religious man I would be praying we back down of or failing that that Russia does nothing.

I hope this is just posturing on one or both sides, if not then ww3 is coming.

I'm inclined to believe it is just posturing but it is still worrying.

Ironically though if the US invades Iran and Russia responds then the USA is the warmongering villain of the war and Russia the noble defender of freedom... at least in my opinion.

Yes because stopping a country who states they want to destroy Israel from obtaining weapons that allow them to do just that (which Russia is helping them achieve) would be villainous. Russia would lose any type of conflict very quickly, they are outmatched and would do absolutely nothing.

Russia is outmatched?

That's hilarious.

Here's a funny story: Georgia, egged on by NATO, bombed ethnic Russians in South Ossetia and shot Russian peacekeepers in the region. In 24 hours, Russia mobilized and rolled halfway into Georgia without much challenge. The US cried for Russia to halt in its "policy of force" and threatened to invoke international law if Russia occupied Tblisi for its "war of aggression". The Russian offensive lasted a couple days before they left, leaving the Georgian military smoking in the wind. Before they left, the Russians confiscated a few American-supplied hummers as trophies (and also as proof as to who was the real aggressor).

By the way, guess what is just north of Iran and the Caspian Sea? Russia.

Speaking of that, I'm sure Russia would love to see a major war break out in the region so they can re-enter Georgia and dispose of that lunatic Saakashvili. That would really piss NATO off, but I'm sure they would change their whole "stopping a nuclear Iran" story into a "saving the integrity of the world" spin if they scrap with Russia.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
didn't Russia also warn us about going into Afghanistan?

We saw how that's turning out.....

Afghanistan is bleeding the USA money by the bucket so Russia got their way.

It benefits their agenda more to have your army hunt ghost enemies for billions of dollars per year then what intervening would do. Iran would just pull your country into more crap, while at the same time actually being a military power and not some "2nd ranked" nation like Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia or Syria.

Might be a double edged warning reminding the USA of this obvious fact, while at the same time supporting Iran in face of the global community.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I think both of you are insane and the perfect example of why we must not allow war hawks to cream their pants over such incidents.

No offense but anyone with half a brain would choose the diplomatic route, not the nuclear route.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by minkey53
At the end of the day, if Russia or anybody else stands up for Iran, that means they are OK with Iran having Nukes!

After all, that's what they are developing and that is why we are told they must be stopped, by Military Force if necessary.

So these Countries that are helping / support Iran must also be OK with them supplying a lot of Terrorists with weapons too then. You know, Hamas in Gaza and Lebanon. That's where all these rockets are coming from, the one's that kill people in Israel.

So just what the hell are Russia and China thinking?

Or do they only care about the Sales of such weapons to Iran, money and greed?

UN...please stand down, it appears one of our fellow ATS members, minkey53, has all the evidence you need.

Please dont waste your time conducting your audits of Irans nuclear facilities, just PM minkey53!

Problem solved....

I'm guessing your a fan of MSM?

So just WHY are they (Israel and the UK / US) planning to attack Iran?

PLEASE TELL US ALL, what are we not getting???

You cant really be that silly...

Do you remember Iraq? "Saddam, nukes, world threat...blah,blah,blah". What happened there? Oh yeah, there were NO bombs. But lets not all forget that Saddam was wanting out of selling his oil in Dollars and wanted to change it to Euros.

Convenient that Libya was wanting to change its oil trading from Dollars to the African Gold Dinar...oh yeah, and Iran wants to stop selling its Oil in Dollars too...

But wait, its about nuclear bombs...the safest excuse in the world to use when you want something...they have nukes, we'll all die...it aint bombs that make the world go round...its money (OIL)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by #man3000
reply to post by jrmcleod

nobody will defeat usa again

I'm glad you have that opinion, however, i share a different opinion.

It will only be so long before someone defeats them...EVERY empire fails...don't be so naive

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

their government is a loose cannon, what about yours? ever since bill got his dick sucked your government has been like a travelling circus playing charades with you the audience now look where we are at, bring on the war

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

There is no bribe, payoff or perk is worth a 3rd world war.

There won't be a winner to a 3rd world war unfortunately, planet Earth will be destroyed. I just don't know how we're going to stop these war mongering pigs, we're too busy being divisive and selfish.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Enough people have the mentality of as long as its not in my backyard I'll turn a blind eye.

This is why there is so much corruption and questionable individuals in power.

Also... individually, there are a lot of people who don't really care about their nabours unless they can get something from them.

Regardless of the very few and scarce individuals who have an open mind and heart.. the majority do not. It really is a dog eat dog world.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Dont know which is more terrifying- Iran developing nuclear weapons or a Israeli/US led strike on the facility. Either is a huge threat to world peace.

I wonder if the cosy relationship between Israel and the US has been affected by todays revelation of French President Nicolas Sarkozy and Obama being overheard talking about Israeli PM Netanyahu- Sarkozy called him a "liar" and Obama said something like "You might be sick of him, but I have to deal with him everyday"

See: www.bbc.co.uk...

Embarassing, much?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
We all have heard the "just" argument before. Like "just to destroy Iraq's WMDs" and "just a no-fly zone over Lybia". Do you honestly think that Israel is "just going to attack nuclear facilities" and call it a day?

They want to cripple Iran to prepare for invasion. Look at the map: Iran is already surrounded. The nuclear weapons pretext is just meant to distract the public. IMHO Iran's nuclear program is not an issue, at all.

As for Russia and China they will not move a finger as they will get a deal with the zionists to protect their current investments in Iran.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Who really cares. Let Iran have nukes. If they are stupid enough to use them they will promptly be blown off the map anyway. Hopefully if they do they make it count and destroy isreal. Isreal is the cancer of the world and if anybody is going to bring about WWIII it's them. They have nukes out the ass and I think they are more dangerous in their hands than anybody's.
Has any country in the world managed to create as much tension them?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

From what i understood from that clip, the General was saying that if the US strikes Iran's Nuclear Facilities that there would be consequences to other Countries in the region!! Also that it would be a long tough war like when the Russians tried defeating Afghanistan before.....

As for the Chinese joining in and protecting Iran, i doubt that will happen if China bailout the Eurozone which they are considering!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Russia has most of Eastern Europe addicted to their natural gas supply. They want do aything to hinder this. Talk is just that talk. The USA is Israel's bitch, they say jump our Gov say's how high? Iran, lest we forget has a military & friends & alliance's with other nations in the middle east.

Iran has an Airforce, Iran has a Navy, Iran has a standing Army, According to Wikipedia it;s rather large. As big as ours, except ours is spread all over the planet......Theirs is not. Iranians are not Iraqi's. They are not Afghans, they are'nt going to roll over and let anybody "walk in" and take controll.

Iran has friends, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey, ( Turkey, Lest we forget the Ottoman Empire). Iran will fight back with all the strength they have, bet your ass on this. Does anybody think for just one second that if the countries that surround Israel have the chance to wipe Israel off the map want do it? Oh hell yes they will !!

Our Government should really think this one thru, this is an enemy that can & will fight back. Not goat herders in Afghanistan or Sheep herders in Iraq. IMHO- The Iranians would have the same resolve as all of us in the USA if a foreign power tried to invade and occupy our/their soil. IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

Israel will lead the USA down the road to ww3. We will spill more Goyim blood as so the hebrew blood does not have too. Don't that just make you freaking sick to your damn stomach? It does me. Israel needs to stand on it's on two feet. Fight their own damn battles, spill their own damn blood.

And don't forget Iranians are not Arabs. Their Persians.... Who wiped out the Spartans? The Persians.
edit on 8-11-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join