It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
And don't forget Iranians are not Arabs. Their Persians.... Who wiped out the Spartans? The Persians.
edit on 8-11-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

Only today, the Persians don't want no war for their children.

Someone should make some spacecake for Netanyahu and the rest of them. Not exactly kosher but delicious nontheless

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KryptKeeper

I'd prefer that none of these countries engage in nuclear antics.

What shocks me about this site is the amount of gung-ho, armchair soldiers cheering on the war hawks. That's far more worrisome because it's these same folks that got us into the other wars/messes.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
While I most certainly DO NOT condone military action against Iran, it is inevitable and will happen here shortly. (TPTB get want they want, and this is one of the things they want, sorry) The reason that Russia, China nor anyone else will intervene with a US/Israeli attack is because LOGICAL nations along with their LOGICAL leaders do not want a war with the US. Realistically, there is no real winner if we duke it out with Russia, and luckily they know that as well as we do. For all the idiots that sit on this site and preach about what will the Russian response be and what will the Chinese response be, PLEASE just can it. They won't be happy sure because they both have business relationships with Iran, but they will settle their differences with us in a different way, most likely economically, definitely NOT militarily. Stop the fear mongering and the endless # talk with zero credibility.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I have a hard time understanding why people seem to respect soldiers who "fight for their country" but rarely listen to their stories of horror and emotional scarring. The only thing we ever achieved with war is misery for the many and wealth for the few.

But maybe we just need tensions to be resolved. It's very stressing to know something is about to happen and try to guess all consequences and outcomes without seeing progress in any way. The answers are not in war however.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Problem is .... no one can take care of the United States of America. You will die and your entire country will be obliterated if you another nation tries too. If America falls , its by our own doing.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Problem is .... no one can take care of the United States of America. You will die and your entire country will be obliterated if you another nation tries too. If America falls , its by our own doing.

You might want to check this site out.It details the military strengths of countries around the world:

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Funny how China and Russia is labeled as some evil entity when they're the countries calling for diplomacy when the Israel and United States calls for war.

Even funnier is that nobody even brings up the fact that the country leading the charge and mobilizing an attack on Iran is the one that is holding hundreds of unsupervised nukes, not signed on the NPT, proliferated nuclear technology to Apartheid S. Africa, is occupying its neighbors lands, is engaged in ethnic cleansing and is considered a rogue state by all standards. It's so glaring that people prefer to ignore it as if the double standard is a given fact of nature.

This is probably the image that says it all:

If you were in the Iranian leadership which of the following would you be thinking:

"If we do manufacture a nuclear weapon they'll invade us!"

OR

"If we don't manufacture a nuclear weapon they'll say we are anyway, produce some aerial photographs, invade us for our oil and then maybe put us on trial (a show trial of course) if they haven't already assassinated us via drones."

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Russia and China have pumped so much money,scientific experience and resources into Iran and it's infrastructure both industrial and military. They will NOT let this happen. About time the warmongers of Israel face some real punishment. Let the Russian bear devour them or the Chinese dragon burn them. NATO will NOT lift a finger against them. One country is not worth the stability of the world.

My belief is that Iran and the west can have a great alliance(if compromises on both ends are made). But diplomacy is not a word used by zionists.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

You are somewhat wrong on that statement, sorry.
Israel obviously had no hand in Obama basically removing Mubarak as Egypt's leader, as he had kept the peace in that region for a long time. And with Libya and Syria- while Israel would stand to gain it would seem by having Gaddafi gone, there was also the threat (like in Egypt) that once he was gone, radical Islamic forces would usurp power in those countries.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have been following Russian policy with Iran. They are "followers of the wind".

edit on 7/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. Russia has to much to lose if it leads to a real confrontation wit the West. Russia has become part of the global economic system and therefore needs the West more that in the cold war era. They will rather complain that be active involved. There is for Russia to much at stake.

Nevertheless, it is likely that other Islamic nations will be involved . If Arab countries have to chose between Israel or Iran, they will favour Iran. They will view Israel as the aggressor. It is possible that they will cut off oil supply to the West. What could lead to record high oil prices and ultimately to a larger economic crisis. It is also difficult to predict how countries in revolution -like Egypt- will act. And it is likely that guerilla groups in the middle-east will also attack Israel.

That said, I personally would also view Israel as the aggressor if theyr bomb Iraen. It is hypocrisy at it's worst. Israel has nukes themselves. They should also abandone their own if they want Iran not to have them.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Wrong. Any country with nuclear weapons and the capability to bring them to Ameircan soil, is able to destroy the United States. Not that many countries are willing to get in a mutual assured destruction, but if they would like to, they could.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by KryptKeeper

I'd prefer that none of these countries engage in nuclear antics.

What shocks me about this site is the amount of gung-ho, armchair soldiers cheering on the war hawks. That's far more worrisome because it's these same folks that got us into the other wars/messes.

I would prefer the same. I am not an armchair soldier and I am not saying that I want war... anybody who wants war is stupid. I am simply saying that it is really redundant to use force against a country because they are trying to develop the same weapons that everybody else in the world has. Isreal has more nukes than most countries of larger size yet they have a holier-than-thou attitude as seen here. They are good enough to have the WOMD but Iran is not? They want them at their mercy and I see that as a good way to make enemies with everyone. Maybe Iran is dumb enough to use these bombs and bring about it's own demise, I just highly doubt it. I would be more paranoid if I was the country without nuclear weapons while everybody surrounding me had them out the wazoo.

I will stand by my statements as well. If there is a third world war I guarantee it will center around Isreal. Everything they do makes things more uneasy for everybody. The united states really has no stake in this fight anyway yet if it came to war you better believe we would be dragged into it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightyears

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have been following Russian policy with Iran. They are "followers of the wind".

edit on 7/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. Russia has to much to lose if it leads to a real confrontation wit the West. Russia has become part of the global economic system and therefore needs the West more that in the cold war era. They will rather complain that be active involved. There is for Russia to much at stake.

Nevertheless, it is likely that other Islamic nations will be involved . If Arab countries have to chose between Israel or Iran, they will favour Iran. They will view Israel as the aggressor. It is possible that they will cut off oil supply to the West. What could lead to record high oil prices and ultimately to a larger economic crisis. It is also difficult to predict how countries in revolution -like Egypt- will act. And it is likely that guerilla groups in the middle-east will also attack Israel.

That said, I personally would also view Israel as the aggressor if theyr bomb Iraen. It is hypocrisy at it's worst. Israel has nukes themselves. They should also abandone their own if they want Iran not to have them.

Most of the time they choose least involvement . I mean , they prefer to be on the winner side.

Qatar's Amir (king) was visiting the new home for Israelis he has built , last week.

They are not much different. Most of them are fond of power rather than their nation.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why the hell would any country support Iran is beyond me. Russia and China are on their side though so Israel and the United States need to be wary of any military action.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

For the same reason that the U.S., Russia, China and the UK aren't put under scrutiny, none of us are crazy enough, or stupid enough to unleash them. making regions of the planet uninhabitable for 10,000 years is only something a fool would wish to explore.

So what makes you think Iran is "crazy enough" to unleash them?

Like I said there have been plenty of "crazy" over the top outrages that Israel have committed......the Lebanon bombing......the Gaza bombing The Killing of UN peace keepers.......the Gaza Flotilla killings.........to name just a few.

Even Netanyahu's allies seem dislike him with French President Netanyahu Sarkozy calling him a liar and Obama......suggesting he too is "fed up" with Netanyahu.

The excuse that Israel aren't crazy enough to use them is a feeble excuse as to why Israel nuclear program isn't put under the same scrutiny as Iran.

Russia, China and UK and US are all signatories of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty........Israel is not.......so should be put under just as much scrutiny as Iran.

There's no getting away from it:

It is a DOUBLE STANDARD..........FULL STOP

edit on 8-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im getting really worried about this Iran story. May beings of higher dimensions help us now get out of this war MADNESS and MSM propaganda about Iran! Let's all be in PEACE. But what will happen to the millions of people employed by the WAR economy? (I meant waste!).

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I just saw this. The US does not want any part of this fight:

"US will not go after oil, gas, Central Bank of Iran for now; Russia says release of IAEA report hurts chances of diplomatic solution for Iran."

Israel wanted the US to target Iran's central bank as well as a naval blockade for oil exports. Not gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

That cartoon is BRILLIANT!!!

It really does sum up the situation brilliantly ... SUPERB!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What does Russia have to lose if Iran is attacked? I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I hope this does give Tel Aviv and Washington a moment of pause. I don't think Russia is bluffing on this and this is about the only kind of warning the Russians historically give...if they give one at all. If Israel plows ahead anyway...they'd better be watching hard to the north, as they may find a whole wave of counter-attack coming from that direction and NOT from Iran. Russia has no such issues with range and logistics to support the attack over a distance like Iran would face.

Yes the "Bear of the North" the great Gog/Magog war at our door step.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join