It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA says foreign expertise has brought Iran to threshold of nuclear capability

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

IAEA says foreign expertise has brought Iran to threshold of nuclear capability

www.washingtonpost.com

Intelligence provided to U.N. nuclear officials shows that Iran’s government has mastered the critical steps needed to build a nuclear weapon, receiving assistance from foreign scientists to overcome key technical hurdles, according to Western diplomats and nuclear experts briefed on the findings.

Documents and other records provide new details on the role played by a former Soviet weapons scientist who allegedly tutored Iranians over several years on building high-precision detonators of the kind used to trigger a nuclear chain reaction, the officials and experts said. Crucial technology
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well this isn't very surprising now is it? More propaganda IMO for the US-Israel War Machine against Iran. It's funny, I remember reading that the IAEA stated on multiple occasions they had found no evidence of nuclear weapons programs period. Now it seems they are changing their tune. How convenient...

The program never really stopped,” said Albright, president of the Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security. The institute performs widely respected independent analyses of nuclear programs in countries around the world, often drawing from IAEA data.

“After 2003, money was made available for research in areas that sure look like nuclear weapons work but were hidden within civilian institutions,” Albright said.

U.S. intelligence officials maintain that Iran’s leaders have not decided whether to build nuclear weapons but are intent on gathering all the components and skills so they can quickly assemble a bomb if they choose to. Iran has consistently maintained that its nuclear activities are peaceful and intended only to generate electricity.

Even the intelligence services aren't saying " Ohh yes they are certainly building a bomb." The conesequences of including & accusing Russia of having a hand in this might flar tempers in that side of the world as well. I'm sure that no country right now wants to be seen as helping Iran do anything.

Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I dont think the russians are going to be too happy about this one, these guys arent pakistan, wow this is just wow.

I hope not much gets out of this one, i dont get the angle, but heck if the report says its the russians i guess people might believe it, im sure there still people out there afraid of the commie invasion.
edit on 7-11-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: sounds better this way lol

edit on 7-11-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
the iron curtain REMADE?? mehh
AS for Iran i hope for there sake they DO get nukes soon because there about to go balls deep
on 'em.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Even if the West is hesitating in attacking Iran for various Reasons (at least most of them...),Israel´s Goverment is too paranoid that they might do it without much of a Warning once the Report is out in full.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Iran, from a logistics standpoint is a bigger nightmare than Afghanistan. It's gonna be a very very though conflict if they attempt any sort of ground war with them.

I doubt it though, they would have attacked by now, not waited until they were on the verge, or had nuclear capabilities.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

ISRAEL got 200 Nuclear Warheads while IRAN got 1 suspected Nuclear weapon.
Look who is the real Threat?
Your President Obama is STUPID. You Have to Impeach Him ASAP or brought us all into a HELL of WWIII

US citizens are stupid they are tolerating their Corrupt and Warmonger President who had Nero Complex mentality.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I thought that said IKEA for a second,I was like wtf? They make bombs now? I would trust IKEA more than I would trust IAEA

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I mentioned this in a previous post and I will say it again.

If you were going to attack a countrys nuclear sites, would you not keep it quiet?

The fact that it's common knowledge about the planned attack

pasted all over the media makes me wonder if they are yanking chains.

If Iran reads the web like the rest of the world they would get the heads up

and there nuke program would go even more underground.

I wonder if Mr.Ahmadinejad reads ATS? Hello there

Don't stash your wmd's in milk tankers, it's been done before dude.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
When can this atomic hypocriscy stop?

Even our country has (unacknowledged) NATO nukes, nobody is bombing or threathening us are they?

And i agree with the above poster that Iran would be better off actually having one already, maybe it would make Israel back off a bit (afaik USA is still AGAINST military action, that's a first, but Obama must do SOMETHING for his nobel prize
)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I see something big coming coming because of this. Everyday I turn on the news just to see if Israel has went ape **** on Iran. I'm not in any support of it or the media, but I'm sure they would let you know if Iran was still a country on early morning news. I can't say I didn't see something huge like this coming though, bump all of the elenin crap. The real concern is what's ACTUALLY happening, such as the world going broke.

"Salehi said that the controversy over Iran’s nuclear program is "“100 percent political”" and that the IAEA is “under pressure from foreign powers.”

I got that from the link you provided. Big LOL because 90% of people would not make anything out of it, they'd just read the big headline and push for something to happen.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Pelvi because: added some stuff

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Iran would be crazy not to have nukes. But they have stated time and time again that they are building power plants. Regardless, who is stupid enough to say that "Look, buddy. Only *my* friends can have nukes, and we don't like you, so open your country to our control." HUH!?

Man, the West (and the poser Israel) is about to get thumped. Iran isn't going to stand alone like Iraq did. Nope. China, Russia, and a host of other folks are gonna step up and make some noise. This is a big fat smelly mess now. The West would be very smart to sit down and behave now. Things are getting serious.

And just in case no one had figured this out: The first country to use a nuke is going to be the loser. No one will stand for it. It will be the end of that country, for sure. Fine to posture with them. Using them is permanent removal from *everybody's* Christmas card list.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

just because someone may explain how something works does not equate to them building it, yo can have someone explain step by step how to do asomething, that does not mean you have the tools or ability to do it.
You only have the knowledge, and from memory, knowledge isnt illegal is it?

but watch teh wording as the reports come out, they will not say they have built anything, just the ability to do it and must be stopped.
Glad I am too old to go and fight and glad my kids are too young to go as well,

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Iran would be crazy not to have nukes. But they have stated time and time again that they are building power plants. Regardless, who is stupid enough to say that "Look, buddy. Only *my* friends can have nukes, and we don't like you, so open your country to our control." HUH!?

Man, the West (and the poser Israel) is about to get thumped. Iran isn't going to stand alone like Iraq did. Nope. China, Russia, and a host of other folks are gonna step up and make some noise. This is a big fat smelly mess now. The West would be very smart to sit down and behave now. Things are getting serious.

And just in case no one had figured this out: The first country to use a nuke is going to be the loser. No one will stand for it. It will be the end of that country, for sure. Fine to posture with them. Using them is permanent removal from *everybody's* Christmas card list.

Yet the USA seems to be on quite alot of those lists still (getting less and less as it seems though, the days of unilateral western support for the USA seem to be over)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
I thought that said IKEA for a second,I was like wtf? They make bombs now? I would trust IKEA more than I would trust IAEA

Hell yeah ! I love Ikea....

Self assemble quality, at a price you just can't fault !

Now where did I put my screwdriver ?!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I hope that Iran did and that they hold something to fight back the take over that is going all over the world of the natural resources specially in the middle east.

They need all the nuclear arsenal they can build to keep the corporate dictatorship from their soils.

Anybody that doesn't see the agenda of globalist are just blind as a bat, Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya are prime example of how human life means nothing to corrupted globalist.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The “War Drums” are being sounded loud now aren’t they.

Check out any of the MSM sites and you will find story after story on why we should invade Iran.

Obama must change the focus of the American people from the economy.

Seems like it is time for our “Hitler” to invade another country.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Those that are apathetic to Iran and see this as an Israel related oppression really need to give yourself a reality check. If Iran get nuclear arms, the world will never be the same, their government are fundementalists who will see dying for their cause as the stairway to heaven. They will have no qualms about using nukes against Ireal and the west.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

“After 2003, money was made available for research in areas that sure look like nuclear weapons work but were hidden within civilian institutions,” Albright said.

This sounds just like what the Amarucan government does... When it can't do things in the open they go to the private sector because they have more freedom and less restrictions. Yet when other countries do it, it seems suspicious???

I agree with the propaganda comment...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

My dear, you seem to ignore what is going on around the world, economically and social, please take your time and research, this no about Iran having nukes or not, this about the biggest resources still pristine, and is not only in oil but humanity.

Yes, just take a good look at the saga going on within the EU zone and you see the future that those elite holding the power in the world wants for the rest of the worlds nations and population.

Nothing but slavery and debt, something that some here seems to ignore, because we Americans are nothing but that, cattle to a capitalistic dictatorship.

Wake up. does that controls resources control the world and they don't give a darn how many they kill to obtain it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join