It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I hope that your baby is fine and you don't have any reoccurrance. I don't think TPTB want to stop OWS. They like the disruption and hope to collapse the gov't to take charge (paranoia strikes). School would panic the general population and an outbreak in a major city would overwhelm the system.
Or
Maybe they aren't related at all, but I doubt it.

BTW, The birds falling out of the sky was in the midwest. MO area I think.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has posted this video yet... Anyways, I found out about this strange phenomenon a couple days ago from another fellow truther. Def has me interested.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow, a couple of weeks ago, my daughter's school had an outbreak with these symptoms,too, and I live in California. I thought it was strange because it came on suddenly and effected a bunch of kids at the same time...enough to raise my eyebrow......but no one ever figured out what the cause of it was. I'm sure the school wrote it off as just a virus or something.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Don't laugh but I am wondering if this could be something geophysical. All the areas on the map are in a rough ellipse around the New Madrid fault area. Could it be something low frequency affecting people?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by detachedindividual

You don't need to have evidence for anything, you just need to give people "the feeling" that something is going on and sow the seeds for their imagination to take over.
Go ahead, prove which of the articles I have sourced is a hoax or fabrication. There are numerous articles on each event if you do some searches, I'll think you find all of these events happened (except for maybe the one that was blacked out). I don't want to see fancy words, I want to see your proof that this isn't happening.

I'm not saying kids being ill is fabricated. I'm saying that kids getting sick in school is not some strange or suspicious event.

According to the National Census in 2002 there were 136,400 schools in the USA and over 4,000 colleges. Do you know how many students and teachers that equates to?

If you have one event of viral sickness in one school per month, that's thousands of "strange and suspicious" events every single month across the country.

There is zero evidence of this being anything other than just kids getting sick, and adding them all up into a thread does not make it anything unusual.

If I ran a search on all the fires that occurred in the USA in the last month and compiled the thousands of results into a thread would that mean the government is targeting peoples homes with a high energy laser weapon from space? Of course not, it would mean that I was showing a statistical fact, that's all it is.

The slogan here is deny ignorance, I'm afraid that many simply deny mathematical probability and statistical data.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
When standing for long periods of time, it is natural to lock one's knees in an attempt to relieve muscles. Doing so obstructs circulation and ultimately limits oxygen flow, thus fainting on a mass scale.

As a sufferer of Neuro Cardio Syncope I can attest to that.
In addition, the act of one fainting can lead to others also fainting - just like vomiting.

You also have to consider the formality of the event, the heat and what they were wearing. It's not unusual for military men to have this experience during their aptly-named Passing Out Parade. Combine heat with formality, a tight uniform, long periods of standing and the effects of limited blood flow and you have a good chance of people falling like domino's.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by eeks4

A firefighter fell "suddenly ill" at the scene. Did he that quickly come down with a "stomach" flu?

Perhaps the sight of other vomiting caused him to fall ill. Just because a dude is a fire fighter does not make him immune to sympathetic sickness.
If it's so suspicious, why were others not "suddenly sick" when they arrived? Why only him?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What bugs me about these events is the amount of people it seems to affect quickly and in the same proximity. Norwalk virus seems to be the culprit but that's not all. Do you notice everywhere you go there is a sign "Get your flu shot today". The fact is these viruses are getting stronger. Flu shots and antibacterial whatever are not keeping people from getting sick. They are only making us weaker and these viruses and bacteria stronger. You have heard the saying children who play in the dirt are healthier. This is true.

When a child plays in dirt, they are exposed to several different types of bacteria that you cannot find anywhere else. These tiny micro-size bacteria interlaced in the dirt can make your child stronger and build his or her immune system to build resistance to some colds and viruses. That alone is good enough for most parents to consider allowing their child to play in the dirt, but there are other benefits.

www.wowyouarereallylucky.com... th/kids-play-in-dirt-boost-immune-system.htm

I am not against vaccinations, my kids have all they need for grade school but is seems more and more are popping up and I think they may be doing more harm then good. I know whenever I got a flu shot in the past I ended up getting the flu, really bad, a couple of months later.

Good ol soap and water people but I do admit since our events in September, I do wipe the heck out of the shopping cart for myself, my 2 year old and the next soul to come by it. No one is perfect and I don't live in a bubble. Sorry guys just needed to vent.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I personally know five of the students at the Houston game between Austin and Yates, all went to area hospitals to be checked out but none had serious complications besides the vomiting and the nausea, one did not even register any symptoms and is fine as of today, the others are also fine but are still going to the doctor for follow-ups. From first hand accounts; the first students down where from one section only, the drum section on the Austin High School side and soon it moved around to the rest of the band and the flags(drill team). I hypotisized maybe something was wrong with the instruments and some of the band ingested someting but it was definetly airborne. Also I asked them and they reported that they smelled nothing out of the ordinary. I also asked if they smelled rotten eggs, almonds, etc, nothing. If anyone has any questions regarding that day I can ask them. Just be patient as I try to get on at least once a day and thats if I get a chance.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
We have some more updates on the Houston event:

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have the latest developments involving nearly two dozen Austin High School students who got sick while at Friday night's football game at Barnett Stadium. HISD says it doesn't yet know what made them ill, but that wasn't the only question we had for the superintendent today.

We met several students who said they did not go to school Monday because of what they believe are lingering symptoms from Friday night. In addition, some of their friends, they say, went back to emergency rooms over the weekend.

At Barnett Stadium in southeast Houston on Friday night, nearly two dozen students from Austin High School's dance team and band fell ill and were taken by ambulance to emergency rooms. For some, the diagnosis was carbon monoxide exposure.

On Monday at Barnett Stadium came the start of an investigation into how it happened. No portable generators at the stadium, the district says. For some of the students who were treated at ERs on Friday, Monday was a sick day.

"(Her hand) is trembling and they keep telling us that it's normal; it's normal, for the carbon monoxide," said the parent of one student.

There is concern about how the students became ill, but there is also concern over how the district handled the incident among some parents -- notification, for one.

"Because there were a lot of parents out there that they just, they didn't know anything. They were just scared our of their minds," said parent Mary Banda.

Questions still remain about sick students at football game

HOUSTON -- A school district, a health department and an outside company are trying to figure out what made band members sick during a football game.

More than 20 members of Austin High School's band became ill at Barnett Stadium in southeast Houston on Friday night.

The stadium was evacuated and several students ended up going to hospitals.

Band member Ezequiel Galvan said he was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The students said they experiences nausea, weakness, loss of appetite and headaches.

The Houston Fire Department's hazardous materials team tested the stadium for chemicals. They said they did not find any traces or airborne toxins.

Houston Independent School District officials said they are working with the city's health department and an industrial hygienic company and other experts to check the stadium and figure out exactly what happened.

Worried parents said answers cannot come soon enough. Some parents visited Austin High School's administrators to get an explanation.

"By now you would have thought we would have gotten phone calls from HISD," Galvan's father, Alberto, said.

Alberto Galvan said he asked the principal if the school would pay for the students' medical treatment.

"He told me to use our private insurance for the time being," Alberto Galvan said.

School district officials said parents should not assume that the district is liable since the source of the illness remains a mystery.

Cause Of Students' Illness Under Investigation

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I'm not saying kids being ill is fabricated. I'm saying that kids getting sick in school is not some strange or suspicious event.
With everything you said, you still failed to prove these events are common. When you find a bunch of outbreaks like this all within a months time let me know. I looked up the statistics, and large scale outbreaks like these happen 2 or 3 times a year max. For 13 events of this scale to happen within the span of a month is far beyond normal, I don't care how you spin it. In my 13 years at school I never once saw an entire school need to be sterilized. I'm not saying it's some evil Government plan, but this isn't a typical norovirus outbreak. That explanation simply doesn't cut it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Okay, I've been looking around - here's some links.

Surge in Norovirus - UK

318 Ward Closures in one year in Scotland alone

Facts about Norovirus and North America

Noroviruses are commonly found throughout North America and are very infectious. Norovirus illnesses occur throughout the year but are more common in winter months and affect all age groups

55 Pupils and School Closed in 2010 - Liverpool

Record Norovirus figures - Mar 2010 - UK

This month a primary school, the Willows in Newbury in Berkshire, was forced to close for two days after 67 pupils, almost a third of the entire school roll, showed symptoms of the bug. Norovirus outbreaks have also caused the closure of 152 hospital wards across England in recent weeks

Okay, that just took me five minutes to find. And there are plenty more. I'm not going to offer all of them because I could be here for a while. And this is all in the UK, with far fewer schools, far fewer pupils, far smaller land mass. Imagine the statistics for the USA on any average year and those who are sensible will realize that this story is only really valid if you're talking about the increase in a naturally occurring virus.

While instances of the Norovirus have seemingly been increasing, this is kind of expected for a flu-like virus with no effective treatment.

I have no doubt that someone who is just itching for a killer outbreak or evidence of some government testing will come back with a reply or completely ignore the facts in favor of their fantasy. That seems to be how this place goes these days - actively supporting ignorance.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I do not know if there is any connection at all to these outbreaks but it may be worth mentioning, a school in Upstate NY that reported several students that have been struck with an unexplained / mystery illness.

The article from Houston states that:

"(Her hand) is trembling and they keep telling us that it's normal; it's normal, for the carbon monoxide," said the parent of one student.

The symptoms of the students at the NY school have all reported "trembling, tics, tourettes-like symptoms".

Mysterious Illness at Leroy High School

They are still saying that they do not know what has caused these symptoms in these kids. They said they hope to stop the illness from "spreading".
edit on 8-11-2011 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Very interesting read, this entire thread! I lean towards geological gasses because it sure as hell isn't a flu I ever heard of and it's too scary to think that youngsters were part of a testgroup or a insanely contageous virus :S

Besides the symptoms do fit with some poisoning of some kind ( I don't believe the Carbonmonoxide crap )

Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This is from your first link:

There has been a jump of nearly 80 per cent since 2007, with about two incidents every day of the norovirus.

Latest statistics, released under freedom of information rules, revealed 723 cases last year, resulting in 115 ward closures in and around Edinburgh.

If you add together the total amount of people ill just in these 14 events alone, the total comes to 1,403 cases. And that is just schools affected within the last month (that have reached the news). What you also fail to explain is the events where people all spontaneously become ill at the same time.

I don't believe for a second they all starting throwing up because of the smell or something like that, that's a completely ridiculous hypothesis. Many of the people from the Houston event had to go back to the hospital over the weekend and some had Monday off.

I'll admit your second link does give evidence that the norovirus can be very infectious, but hospital wards are full of sick people, so it's not exactly a great comparison. When they say 'ward' do they mean a whole hospital or just the hospital ward?

Next, I had no doubt you would be able to present 1 or 2 stories about norovirus infections in schools, but what I specifically asked you to do was show that so many outbreaks have happened in such a short period of time. With schools, not hospitals.

Nearly all your sources talk about how the norovirus cases are increasing rapidly each year, so I guess I will give it to you and say this might possibly be norovirus. But whatever this virus is, it's fairly clear that it's constantly evolving and spreading faster.

There comes a point when this thing can longer be described as a standard norovirus (if that's even what it is), when the strain has mutated so dramatically from what it first was. Such a high amount of infections shouldn't be considered perfectly normal.

If the number of norovirus infections are rising, it can only mean two things. Either people are getting weaker or the virus is getting stronger. Do you expect to catch this 'winter vomiting bug' each winter? When was the last time you were sick?
edit on 8-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
I do not know if there is any connection at all to these outbreaks but it may be worth mentioning, a school in Upstate NY that reported several students that have been struck with an unexplained / mystery illness.

The article from Houston states that:

The symptoms of the students at the NY school have all reported "trembling, tics, tourettes-like symptoms".

Mysterious Illness at Leroy High School

They are still saying that they do not know what has caused these symptoms in these kids. They said they hope to stop the illness from "spreading".
edit on 8-11-2011 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

This sounds like a central nervous system problem, possibly EMP? Something affecting the CNS? Not good.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Challenge accepted. Way to deny ignorance poster.

They are called noroviruses. They strike within hours.

Noroviruses are transmitted directly from person to person and indirectly via contaminated water and food. They are highly contagious, with as few as one to ten virus particles being able to cause infection. Transmission occurs through ingesting contaminated food and water and by person-to-person spread. Transmission through fecal-oral can be aerosolized when those stricken with the illness vomit and can be aerosolized by a toilet flush when vomit or diarrhea is present; infection can follow eating food or breathing air near an episode of vomiting, even if cleaned up.[15] The viruses continue to be shed after symptoms have subsided and shedding can still be detected many weeks after infection.[16]

wiki

And to finish this information, I will add the confirmed Norwalk virus schools to your list:

Pittsburgh school to reopen~Oct 30

Oh look, Farmington High School is just the Norwalk virus:

Norwalk Virus blamed for Farmington High School

Even in the UK!

A highly infectious stomach bug has claimed thousands of victims as it sweeps across Britain.
The virus has badly affected schools from Cornwall to northern England, and forced the cancellation of surgery at hospitals in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Because it is so infectious, it is a difficult illness to contain, experts say.
While there are outbreaks during most winters, levels are higher than usual this year.
Health Secretary Alan Milburn said the Department of Health was ' keeping a close eye' on the spread of the virus.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hospital Outbreak

Hospital Outbreak~ Oct 17

In Toronto

300 kids fall ill November 2, 2011 in Toronto

And I haven't even gotten to the cruise ships yet.

There are 21 million cases of Norwalk in the US each year.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

While instances of the Norovirus have seemingly been increasing, this is kind of expected for a flu-like virus with no effective treatment.

While I agree, and think it might be possible that it is a natural occuring thing, and there are plenty of biological illnesses that we either have not seen, nor comprehend. I find it odd that in all these instances the people who bacame ill did so all at once. Within minutes to maybe just an hour. That is FAST for a full on vomit to spread, let alone the basic symptoms of nausea and headache. Again, could be a new strain, stronger, or just something we don't know about yet, or understand fully as it takes on humans.

Not saying it's governement, not saying its biological, or gas, or something in the air, or hocus pocus. I just think its piques a definite interest. And if it IS a new virus strain or deadly bacteria, they sure as hell better warn people rather than hide it on the back page of a newspaper.

Do we know how fast the Spanish flu spread in 1918? Or how fast the symptoms occured as it past host to host? Did they start eating brains? (snicker....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Way to read the thread poster. We've been talking about the Norovirus since the first page.

And to finish this information, I will add the confirmed Norwalk virus schools to your list:

I suggest you read this post. I clearly listed the cause was claimed to be Norovirus. I wasn't aware of the official outcome at Farmington though.

Even in the UK!
We've just been discussing that.

In Toronto

2011? I think the link is supposed to say 2010. However, like the previous poster to attempt my challenge, you have failed to prove that a dozen of these events can commonly happen within a single month.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Way to read the thread poster. We've been talking about the Norovirus since the first page.

I suggest you read this post. I clearly listed the cause was claimed to be Norovirus. I wasn't aware of the official outcome at Farmington though.

Even in the UK!
We've just been discussing that.

In Toronto

2011? I think the link is supposed to say 2010. However, like the previous poster to attempt my challenge, you have failed to prove that a dozen of these events can commonly happen within a single month.

What a sore loser.

If your going to challenge people, and they beat your challenge, you should resign gracefully.

So let me get this straight, you chastise me for mentioning a virus that is mentioned before, which you have obviously discussed, then I tell you how contagious it is, and how rampant it is, then you say that I failed to prove anything. You even mentioned that it was discussed already being in teh UK. So not only have you discussed and I have shown that it has shown up internationally as well as domestically, you say I didn't prove anything.
Yet your own instances in the beginning of the thread had cases to be proven to be the Norwalk Virus.
So I could go on and list more instances, but you will come up and say: well, prove it!

So you list only six incidents, one of which has proven to be the Norwalk virus, yet you suddenly change my number to 12?

How pathetic.

Here is some more for you:

North Carolina

Raleigh, N.C. — Officials with the North Carolina Division of Public Health said Thursday that they are seeing outbreaks of the norovirus earlier than usual at some long-term care facilities

link

Montana

The Montana Department of Health and Human Services (DPHHS) has recently received several reports of gastroenteritis outbreaks in schools, child day care settings and nursing homes.

Norovirus outbreak in Montana
link

Washington

A norovirus outbreak that has sickened at least three people in Washington state has prompted a recall of ASSI brand frozen, shucked oyster meat from Korea.

link

Norovirus plagues three cruise ships to Alaska

So two countries, three additional states, cruise ships, and a disease that is spread from person to person, by food, and by water; which doesn't get any more contagious. From the end of October to November 2011.

edit on 9-11-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join