It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is a general summary of the 14 events suspected to fit the pattern so far (13 of which took place within the last month).

Barnett Stadium, Houston, Texas - 4th Nov 2011

- 23 spontanously ill and go to hospital
- HazMat team and firefighters called in
- same symptoms as other events
- suspected to be carbon monoxide poisoning
- air tests all come back negative

St. John Central High School, Belmont County, Ohio - 3rd Nov 2011

- 14 spontaneously ill and go to hospital
- emergency responders called in
- no idea what caused the event
- air tests all come back negative

Platte River Elementary School, Benzie County, Michigan - 2nd Nov 2011

- more than 100 ill in same day
- health officials called in
- suspected to be the Norovirus
- entire school disinfected

Joy Elementary School, Sioux City, Iowa - 2nd Nov 2011

- more than 85 ill in same day

Gibbs High School, Knoxville, Tennessee - 1st Nov 2011

- 3 suddenly ill and go to hospital
- the whole event is blacked out

Alcott Elementary School, Hastings, Nebraska - 28th Oct 2011

- more than 80 ill in same day
- unofficially said to be Norovirus

All Worth County Schools, Worth County, Missouri - 28th Oct 2011

- at least 260 ill in community
- cause is claimed to be Shigella
- entire schools disinfected

Pittsburgh Montessori School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - 27th Oct 2011

- at least 157 ill in same day
- cause is claimed to be Norovirus

Fairview Elementary School, Oconto County, Wisconsin - Oct 27 2011

- at least 23 ill within days

Honea Path Elementary School, Anderson County, S. Carolina - Oct 27 2011

- at least 80 ill in same day
- cause is claimed to be Shigella

Farmington High School, Dakota County, Minnesota - 15th Oct 2011

- at least 60 ill in same day
- entire cafeteria disinfected

Orange Unified Elementary Schools, Orange County, California - 12th Oct 2011

- at least 128 ill in same day
- suspected to be Norovirus
- entire buildings disinfected

Falcon Middle School, Colorado Springs, Colorado - 6th Oct 2011

- at least 160 ill in same day
- school possibly disinfected

Beartooth Elementary School, Billings, Montana - 8th Sept

- around 230 ill in same day

EDIT: For those not following the thread and wondering why we now have 14 events, here are the updates I've made so far:

Update 1
Update 2
edit on 7-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
interesting post indeed. i do recall one of the incidents being on the news.and it stuck out to me for the reasson that i my self and wife have experienced it as well.bare in mind i am not in the usa.i can not help my self of thinking in fukushima when i hear things like this.i wonder if exposure to a concentrated draft of radio active particles could cause these events.i am just speculating.
edit on 6-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

To Op,

Nice that you tied it all together (if they are all inter-related).... You are probably the only one that did. And it could be... I put my money on Fukushima radiation... which is not abating to any degree, by the way... it's just not being reported on. Check them for radiation poisoning:

Mayo clinic radiation poisoning symptoms link.....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
could this be connected to the recent animal die offs?could it be something similar?I understand people especially kids in school get sick all the time,but the way the symptoms came on so quickly doesn't sound like a typical flu or virus..very strange

Well i found the symptoms for stomach flu and according to this website you can get the virus within 4-48 hours of contact.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The speed of this is undoubtedly caused by chemical agents - the norwalk virus is quite common and probably unrelated to the other cases.

This looks on the face of it to be tests of chemical agents by sleeper cells Iranian, Spetznaz, NK's Al Qaida - who knows, there are enough to choose from.

The results will not be disclosed on National Security grounds in any case.

Iran has of course promised to strike the US in novel and devastating ways as revenge for Israel attacking it - as the 'Great Satan' - you have of course always been their no one target, they just needed the 'religious justification' of defending themselves to be able to strike a devastating blow at you, which is why they have relentlessly backed Israel into a corner all this while.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapeshiftress
It seems those that got it got over it quickly. What ever it was came and went and left no trace. Perhaps it is a mild flu. Maybe those kids are the lucky ones. Before the great flu pandemic started, a mild flu occurred. The
first ones to get it were only slightly ill. Later it mutated and became much more virulent. But the mild infection the season before left those people with anitbodies that helped them to fend it off. The pandemic was fast. Read these quotes: "People were struck with illness on the street and died rapid deaths. One anectode shared of 1918 was of four women playing bridge together late into the night. Overnight, three of the women died from influenza (Hoagg). Others told stories of people on their way to work suddenly developing the flu and dying within hours (Henig). One physician writes that patients with seemingly ordinary influenza would rapidly "develop the most viscous type of pneumonia that has ever been seen" and later when cyanosis appeared in the patients, "it is simply a struggle for air until they suffocate," Take from virus.stanford.edu...

When I was in middle school we all the students and teachers got sick very quickly but were feeling fine within 24 hours. We had the fever, chills, running nose, cough, nausea, vomiting and diareha. I got infected and so did all of my classmates, and basically the whole middle school. It doesn't surprise me that people are recovering fast.i honestly don't think this is anything to worry about. We also had the same thing happen when i was living overseas in Germany when my family was in the military again, same symptoms. Came and went wicked fast. It's just the flu, that's it!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

Originally posted by bumpufirst
interesting post indeed. i do recall one of the incidents being on the news.and it stuck out to me for the reasson that i my self and wife have experienced it as well.bare in mind i am not in the usa.i can not help my self of thinking in fukushima when i hear things like this.i wonder if exposure to a concentrated draft of radio active particles could cause these events.i am just speculating.
edit on 6-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

To Op,

Nice that you tied it all together (if they are all inter-related).... You are probably the only one that did. And it could be... I put my money on Fukushima radiation... which is not abating to any degree, by the way... it's just not being reported on. Check them for radiation poisoning:

Mayo clinic radiation poisoning symptoms link.....

That is frightening. I hope you are wrong. Radiation poisoning would mean a very bad ending of this.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

totally out of left field, but any relation to the birds falling out of the sky? or the fish kills? Remind me where their locations were again?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
in the mailboxes of many apartment complexes, in the past 10 days, citizens have received fliers presenting them with the opportunity to make quick cash by subjecting themselves to studies on vaccines for flu and get this, "dengu fever". The consequences should be obvious.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The stomach flu sounds like a really good explanation, EXCEPT the stomach virus doesn't strike a couple of dozen people at the exact same time in the exact same place. Several people may be sick within a few hours of each other and others will continue to get ill afterwards. While some of the events could probably put down to the flu, the first one mentioned in the OP certainly does not.

Its an interesting thing to keep an eye on. We know from history that our government doesn't really have any moral issues with testing on the unsuspecting public, including children. And that's our own government; just think what the governments of countries we have invaded might deign to attempt.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Norovirus?

Wow. This is utterly weird. I don't live in the USA, but my baby niece started vomiting all of a sudden 3 days ago and then would start vomiting anything he ate or even water and so we got him to a hospital and he has been there since then, being treated for just that apparently, Norovirus. Though he hasn't really responded much to medications so far. The thing is, only 2 days earlier I heard another baby relative of mine was in hospital for the same thing. Then a day after my niece got to hospital yet another baby relative has been staying in hospital for the same thing. I've actually been thinking it was a bit weird and then I see this thread. What's even more odd is that I was googling "Norovirus" to make sure it was what my niece has (English isn't even my native language) and while doing so I stumbled upon a thread from some forum from my country where they were discussing an incident that happened in some school where the same thing happened to 21 kids at once. And one of the replies in that thread said the same thing happened in a certain college here (the one I went to) not long ago. I look at the thread's starting date and it's only 5 days old.

Surely something is odd about this?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arsenalwa

makes you wonder, is it just schools/children that are being "targeted" or more susceptible to this virus? And why just schools? Is there any story out there about a workplace where the majority oif the staff gets ill?

interestesting indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This thread in particular made me break my posting silence I've had going for some time.

Last week, my husband, daughter, and I went to the store. This was the only place we went. Within 24 hours we were all severely ill. Vomiting (and I mean violent vomiting, every 10 minutes or less), burning eyes, legs and arms hurting, headache, and chills. In all my life, I have never been so ill like this, ever. My husband was deathly ill. When my husband and I could barely walk after four hours of non stop throwing up, we called an ambulance, since I'm pregnant again and I was dehydrated. My daughter was also dehydrated. The EMT's took us all to the hospital into town.

When we got there, the nurses and doctors acted strangely and said no one had been sick with this. They ran blood work, and we all were given IV fluids and anti nausea medication. They called it a virus and sent us all home after we stabilised that evening.

After this, the vomiting returned, not as violent or frequent. For 6 days in total, we all could barely eat, felt like we could barely walk as our legs were in bad pain, constant muscle tightening and stabbing pain. At the end of day 6, our eyes were all hurting and burning. Just today it's starting to get better on day 7.

I just got back from the store earlier this morning and I found out that nearly everyone who has been to our store has complained of coming down with this and that 3 people the owner of the store knew died from it. BUT it has NOT been addressed publically in the news yet.

I don't know what is going on or what we were sick with, but whatever it was it is so far localized here, and many people are getting it.... and it is very very severe.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nopeitwasntme

Eight children at our little school (I'm rural) were sent home with this yesterday. Here's another thought, there's a pharmaceutical lab not too far from our little area. I suppose I could go the way of paranoia and say that this "virus" was released in our community just to see it's reaction. I find it very odd no one in the city has this. If they do it's been kept quiet.

All I know is that this hits fast and furious.... and it takes you down. You feel like you are going to die. And it goes on for days.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That is NOT good. Glad you are all ok though. Maybe some new super flu virus? Like the Spanish flu in 1918?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nopeitwasntme
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That is NOT good. Glad you are all ok though. Maybe some new super flu virus? Like the Spanish flu in 1918?

I don't know what it is, but it will drive me crazy wondering what it was. I've been sick before with stomach flu's in the past... but this felt violent. Not sure what was up with the stabbing pains in the legs and arms. That was a new one on me.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

You could very well be right. One thing that comes to mind is, tptb are looking for ways to back off the occupy people. Maybe they are testing out a nasty virus that will do the trick.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of is a test or attack on schools.
I just hope they dont start dieing later.

a school internet prank?
some school kids are messind with some thing from the labs?
and telling othere schools!

Hmmmm!
it could be a threat!
pay me LOTS of money.
or next time it kills??????

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think since this all occurred at schools that it is possibly the food supply, water, contaminated milk, food at the concession stand, something in that line. I drove through South of Valentine Nebraska last week and my radiation detector went off..for like 15 to 20 miles along that stretch of highway. I saw cows in that area, eating the hay etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by nopeitwasntme

Eight children at our little school (I'm rural) were sent home with this yesterday. Here's another thought, there's a pharmaceutical lab not too far from our little area. I suppose I could go the way of paranoia and say that this "virus" was released in our community just to see it's reaction. I find it very odd no one in the city has this. If they do it's been kept quiet.

All I know is that this hits fast and furious.... and it takes you down. You feel like you are going to die. And it goes on for days.

Where exactly do you live? If you don't mind me asking.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
I am glad these incidents are in 1 thread. Results in tomorrow on the houston students. Will be interesting to see what the results are.

I keep coming back to the fact that the fireman was fine, the girl breathed hard close to him and he was sick...just like that..... so fast.

Maybe while he was there the fireman ate a hot dog too?

And did you hear about the test results yet?

Just wonderin...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join