It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Five Days the World Could End (As You Know It)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Frack drilling fills the open cavaties with packed sand.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Right. Sometimes, and I don't know how they do it, that sand is returned to the surface. This sand is usually radioactive.

Also, sometimes fracing is done with water, or some chemical.

In the old days it was done with dynamite (i think that was outlawed). Dynamite fracing is what killed the underground spring that fed Big Lake, TX lake. Now it has a big sign in the middle with a picture of a plug and a drain, and it says, "Who pulled the plug on the Big Lake?" Occasionally it will start to fill with runoff. I think that there are mudcat that will come out of hibernation when this happens. That is just what i have heard by an old rancher talking to an old oilfield driller at a parts shop when i was younger.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh great, another doom and gloom thread! Keep on tempting fate and the wishes of some of the doom and gloom crowd might come true? I don't understand how some just wallow in this stuff day and day out? Each of the scenarios described in the OP are not a walk in the park. I don't sit around worrying about it, and if it happens so be it. It could happen tomorrow for all we know?

No use making things worse with things that have not even happened yet. Things are messed up enough as it is right now, and what is the point of pouring it on with hypotheticals? I, like others find the scenarios interesting, but I don't sit all day and ponder about it either. Nor am I going to head to hills or head to the basement for that matter. What will be will be. Nothing any of us is going to do about the scenarios listed in the OP, but tighten up our bootstraps if any of us are likely to survive. There is plenty to tend to on our plates at the moment instead of stuff that may or may not happen. Just my take on all the doom and gloom flooding ATS at the moment. Carry on . . . Oh by the way, great thread OP and very interesting!
edit on 6-11-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm going to take a gamble and say: NO ASTEROID IMPACT NEXT WEEK!

But maybe: Some serious Political or Economical crisis instead...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

The movie 'Knowing' hyped up the dangers of solar flares (To life), our sun is not capable of producing that kind of flare at this time in it's life.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We can only hope!

When the power goes off I will be heading back to the woods.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have heard a bunch of people predict the end of the world since I was first lurking ATS back in 2009 until now and lately the new trend is everyone thinks it involves the FEMA alert. I am going to sit back sip a beer and watch as NOTHING happens this whole week. WAIT I do know of a event this week! I predict I will be getting paid on thursday and since I payed all my bills last payday I have a FREE PAY CHECK!!!! Oh snap time to shop for winter clothes!!! I hope the power is on so I wont get mugged and possibly raped by Looters in the mall this thursday due to the EVIL CME that may or may not (wont) come!!! Also an even bigger event! I also predict MW-3 coming out in a couple days. I predict my wife throwing a fit because I am hogging the 55 inch TV slaughtering people on multiplayer!!! Thats alot of predictions huh? But the difference is mine have a better chance of coming true!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ya, so this is the one thing that scares me opposed to the asteroids and 2012. I've been following solar news for about 3 years now and i've never seen it so active. This sunspot is MASSIVE and we all have to be ready. So if we dont talk again.....have a great ride. Hopefully everything will pass.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Armageddon is on FX right now, are they Preparing US ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodDocGonzo
reply to post by muse7

Unnecessary death is a terrible thing however it may come. Good thing, as you suggest, it's just a fantasy, huh?
Just because I entertain the idea of zombies, doesn't mean I wish all my loved ones, and the entire population death. Its a fun exercise of, uh, fantasy.
edit on 11/6/2011 by GoodDocGonzo because: for comedy and tragedy

I think what muse is trying to get across is the point that there are stupid people on here who actually wish, hope, and pray for a doomsday scenario to happen, so they can either "get too it already!", or "better than living in this society!" crap, fulfill their fantasy. my mother is hooked up to a machine right now and if power failed, she would die. suggesting that this is a fantasy is also not the right way to treat this either, but I don't believe that was this persons intention. I myself, am prepared for the worst, but always hope for the best.......

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I bought a couple 2012 survival books online recently, but haven't received them yet! I'm definitely preparing for something big in the next few years. I feel some big changes are coming and I want to be at least a little prepared if the changes involve lack of electricity, lack of food in shops, no more petrol, no running water. These threats are very likely to happen in the next 50 years, so let's get ready ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Man what a drama queen.

In five days I will carry on as normal, but you can continue to freak out if you wish.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodDocGonzo

Amen! Brother

Amen!

I often "pray" this way. I have come to believe it is the only thing that can save us.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

There is a more recent report. Use quotes in the search. At the bottom of your page there are resource links.

Basically they will break the high tension wires up into regions, and disconnect all the transformers via electrical switching. Then once the grid is in regions and the main transformers disconnect and its dead they will switch the high tension nets to deep earth grounds. This causes the grid to collect the extra energy like a big antenna and then chennel it into the ground in places away from populated areas.

Yes its theory since we havent had a chance to use it but it should work as advertised.

Im far too lazy to even correct grammar but here is a info list:

ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
And yes the ESA in the EU and I believe they are also sharing the information and plans with Russia and China
as well as other countries that request it. Have no clue what they are going to do with their grids.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I ponder should this ever come to fruition, how long we would actually be without communications, power, satellite etc.

In the modern day life we are now so used to, we would probably expect everything to be back to normal in a few days or weeks but in fact it could well last for months and even years for some sevices.

The domino inside out effect would make everything so much harder to repair or replace. ie no fuel, no navigation, no money etc

Not something to look forward to at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
reply to post by SunnyDee

There is a more recent report. Use quotes in the search. At the bottom of your page there are resource links.

Basically they will break the high tension wires up into regions, and disconnect all the transformers via electrical switching. Then once the grid is in regions and the main transformers disconnect and its dead they will switch the high tension nets to deep earth grounds. This causes the grid to collect the extra energy like a big antenna and then chennel it into the ground in places away from populated areas.

Yes its theory since we havent had a chance to use it but it should work as advertised.

Im far too lazy to even correct grammar but here is a info list:

ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
And yes the ESA in the EU and I believe they are also sharing the information and plans with Russia and China
as well as other countries that request it. Have no clue what they are going to do with their grids.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

Actually I didn't see any newer information or links that detail what you've just said. According to your own link, I've give the latest information on this. Please take the minute it takes to show us this extraordinary plan you speak of, with a link. I want to read about it. Please.

While looking I did find a very interesting article of the secret life of solar flares. Guess it's been recently discovered that solar flares have the ability to hit us with a foreshock and loop around for an ever bigger zap.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Im sorry that is no longer true.

Operation solar shield will turn off the electric grid and power down the sats in space before either is damaged.

Google solar shield and nasa. there is a recent one from this summer.

It's a cover. There is no way to protect unshielded electronics, particularly those that use coils of any kind. All communications use at least some coils, as do all automobiles. They will short out from overvoltage. That's right, there would be no cars.The only exception is mechanical-injection diesels are possible to rig to work without electricity. That means a few old trucks and maybe some diesel cars. Other than that, we're walking.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
does a benevolent monster of a sunspot really exist ? is there any proof of that ? will it really cause all of this ?

wait , is it this one?

where is Chad when you need him

The same Chad who thought the moon's shadow came from the earth? Yikes...we are all doomed

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What's with your focus on Hospitals? Twice in the same paragraph you mentioned Hospitals... I would be wondering about Police and Fire Departments not being able to be dispatched to crimes and fires...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join