It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Highlights Problems with Drugs and Group Sex at Occupy Vancouver

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusRye
A woman has died of a possible drug overdose at "Occupy Vancouver" with several more having been treated for problems involving drugs in the past few days. The Vancouver Fire Department and provincial health service are expressing concern at needle sharing, drug dealing and public group sex at the encampment.

www.cbc.ca...
www.vancouversun.com...

Do 99% of Canadians engage in public group sex and recreational drug use? (Not a dig, just a question.)

LOL

so OWS is basically a PHISH concert?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
If the cops and the government spent less time worrying about what people do for fun, and more time keeping corporate and banking greed under control, and bottom-feeding lobbyists and crooked politicians in check, perhaps OWS wouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

Despite the collective thought of OWS, sharing heroin needles and having MMMFF five-way group sex on a park bench across from a school is a legitimate matter of concern for public health and hygiene, not a simple question of "having fun."
edit on 5-11-2011 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

You're acting as is OWS is collectively participating in this kind of action.

It's not. If you're neighbor is a drug addict, should that reflect negatively on you because you share the same street, in the same neighborhood?

Protesters can't control what each and every person does when they show up.

People who shoot heroin are going to do it whether there's a protest or not. Could have just as easily have OD'd in their home the day before.
edit on 5-11-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

When one crowns oneself as the representative of 99% of the body politic one has to accept a heightened level of responsibility and scrutiny.

OWS rallies have - as a general (but not holistic) rule - attracted the bottom 1% of society: prostitutes, drug pushers, the chronic homeless, the mentally infirm, etc.

Those of us opposed to corporate corruption and greed should feel empowered to reject the decision of this group to claim they represent us and not feel pressured into choosing between OWS or Wall Street.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Occupy Vancouver Heroin Market to be Cleared

A new development - Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson (New Democratic Party) has announced Occupy Vancouver will be forcibly cleared by police as it is presenting a worsening hygiene issue. The Mayor has resisted calls by his elections opponent, former math teacher and current city councillor Suzanne Anton (Non-Partisan Association), to immediately clear the small encampment of 80-90 people due to instances of public nudity, prostitution and drug use, however, now that heroin deaths have started occurring has decided to order police to begin breaking-up the "Poor Man's Burning Man."

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
If the cops and the government spent less time worrying about what people do for fun, and more time keeping corporate and banking greed under control, and bottom-feeding lobbyists and crooked politicians in check, perhaps OWS wouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

Despite the collective thought of OWS, sharing heroin needles and having MMMFF five-way group sex on a park bench across from a school is a legitimate matter of concern for public health and hygiene, not a simple question of "having fun."

It seems indicative of the OWS attitude toward this kind of debauched behavior.

"It's all good and all in good fun".

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, i think its safe to say the movement lasted 2 weeks in canada.
I'm not here to evaluate if its a good thing or not but to say theres basically no canadians occupying anything or maybe a couple dozens here and there. Mainly homeless. The climate or the timing is too bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I heard rumors that some of the 99% enjoy having sex...to think...gah, disgusted now. And here I thought the world was made up of priests and nuns.

mmmm Indeed, downplay it, typical tactic......

You know there is a clear difference between sex in your own home in private, and public orgies.....

Give me a break man........

im amazed at how much of a pass supporters will give people of OWS and try to downplay the unsavory acts of some in the movement

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

They're not downplaying it.

This is really how they feel.

That's what should concern you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think there may be some confusion between the Occupy Wall Street group and Vancouvers annual Outdoor Wife Swapping festival.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
EDITED.
edit on 6-11-2011 by LondonerBLV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is not a place to have orgies or to use drugs and if you wish to use narcs go elsewhere.

Narc use is banned and any reports of it will warrant the user being turned over to local law enforcement. As to the sex, a couple can fornicate but make sure that no one can hear it or see it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
This is not a place to have orgies or to use drugs and if you wish to use narcs go elsewhere.

Narc use is banned and any reports of it will warrant the user being turned over to local law enforcement. As to the sex, a couple can fornicate but make sure that no one can hear it or see it.

Then i suggest you tell OWSers that all over the place........this isnt an isolated incident

remember what you said before "guilt by association" OWS is held to that standard too

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The difference is that we have condemned these actions from the getgo and continue to do so.

Those causing the chaos in the movement do not speak for the movement as a whole and one or two isolated incidents do not speak on behalf of the movement as a whole.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The difference is that we have condemned these actions from the getgo and continue to do so.

Those causing the chaos in the movement do not speak for the movement as a whole and one or two isolated incidents do not speak on behalf of the movement as a whole.

these "isolated" incidents of prevalent drug use, distruction of property, using public areas as toilets etc etc......arent so isolated......

And you can condemn them all you want.....its common place..........

So your saying that with YOUR movement its different as long as you say "shame on you "..........

The issues with the movement arent isolated...........you can beat that drum all you want.........but every day almost something else happens .........

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The movement has condemned them and continues to speak out against behaviour like this day after day and yet no one listens to this.

The TP got attacked by me because not one wing and not one member was coming out and slamming any atrocities committed under it's banner which made the entire movement liable and responsible for anything said or done under it's banner. We have been slamming and condemning actions such as this from the getgo. Everytime the media issues lies about the movement there is always someone who will not be afraid to correct it by challenging the source directly. None of this was done with the TP.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I've gone down to check-out Occupy San Diego when I was there last week. If they were representative of other "Occupy" events, these are not gatherings of the swath of mainstream society. These are the Bottom 1% who have assembled.

In Marxist theory there is a class of people below the Proletariat - for whom the liberation struggle is directed. It is the Lumpenproletariat. From marxists.org:

LUMPENPROLETARIAT: Roughly translated as slum workers or the mob, this term identifies the class of outcast, degenerated and submerged elements that make up a section of the population of industrial centers. It includes beggars, prostitutes, gangsters, racketeers, swindlers, petty criminals, tramps, chronic unemployed or unemployables, persons who have been cast out by industry, and all sorts of declassed, degraded or degenerated elements. In times of prolonged crisis (depression), innumerable young people also, who cannot find an opportunity to enter into the social organism as producers, are pushed into this limbo of the outcast. Here demagogues and fascists of various stripes find some area of the mass base in time of struggle and social breakdown, when the ranks of the Lumpenproletariat are enormously swelled by ruined and declassed elements from all layers of a society in decay.

www.marxists.org...

Marxism rejects the Lumpenproletariat as being a "rag class" that cannot participate in the revolutionary struggle but only derail and distract it.

For anyone who has not seen an "Occupy" event first hand, but supports the notion, I know this may be hard to accept. I was, myself, shocked as what one sees in the news are middle class moms with children, hardworking union members, etc. I didn't see a single one of those. I saw a mix of the (chronic) homeless, drug pushers and members of every class of the fringes of society, all gathered together in a rally of fewer than 100 people.

Very interesting! I'd never heard that before and I thought it was surprising that even Marxism doesn't embrace those people.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This wouldn't have been in the Davies St. area would it?
That's just Vancouver being Vancouver.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The movement has condemned them and continues to speak out against behaviour like this day after day and yet no one listens to this.

The TP got attacked by me because not one wing and not one member was coming out and slamming any atrocities committed under it's banner which made the entire movement liable and responsible for anything said or done under it's banner. We have been slamming and condemning actions such as this from the getgo. Everytime the media issues lies about the movement there is always someone who will not be afraid to correct it by challenging the source directly. None of this was done with the TP.

Really? which atrocities was that?

so......the media lies about YOUR movement, but when it was the TP then it wasnt a lie?

Hmmmm odd how you guys dont see your own hypocrisy......

Mmmm they never corrected anything huh? Wow..........i love how you guys are somehow willfully ignorant to your own issues, but are quick to point the finger , even when theres no cause

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Atrocities :

Let's see shall we?

1. The attack on members of Congress offices!
2. The calling in of death threats to members of Congress!
3. Racism in the group!
4. Failure to condemn the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrille Giffords!

The media initially didn't want to cover this movement but are now forced to regardless of what Wall Street or the banks want!

There is no hypocrisy here. We are against elements who mean this nation and her people harm.

This is not a case of oneupmanship but a case for unity and uniting against greed of all kinds wherever it exists!
edit on 6-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SaturnFX

I heard rumors that some of the 99% enjoy having sex...to think...gah, disgusted now. And here I thought the world was made up of priests and nuns.

mmmm Indeed, downplay it, typical tactic......

You know there is a clear difference between sex in your own home in private, and public orgies.....

Give me a break man........

im amazed at how much of a pass supporters will give people of OWS and try to downplay the unsavory acts of some in the movement

There are laws for lewd behavior in public...public orgies? well, I reckon they will be arrested.

Pics or it didn't happen also comes to mind, but moving on.
And that last sentence you wrote...study it.
Your amazed how much of a pass supporters will give the people of ows (the movement) and downplay the acts of -some- in the movement
Yes...thats the nature...you don't paint the entire freaking movement by the actions of some...anyone whom does, is an idiot...
Are you saying that if a movement has some dodgy people in it, the entire movement is dodgy? pathetic if thats your stance...
ATS has some literally crazy people on here...not like opinion, but diagnosed with mental disorders....does this mean everyone on ats is mentally disturbed?

Well, anyhow, have a good day, and if your in canada, do be careful about climbing over the mountains of naked people just to get to the store...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Ya, but thats different...those are "real" americans with that movement...OWS is just supported by the unwashed hippy 74% of the country...not the "real" people (aka, corporatists)..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join