It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GWAR guitarist found dead on tour bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The lead guitarist for the heavy metal band GWAR has been found dead on their tour bus.

Manager Jack Flanagan and record label Metal Blade say Cory Smoot was found early Thursday before crossing into Canada following a show in Minneapolis. According to Rolling Stone, it was Smoot's bandmates who found him.
Source: today.msnbc.msn.com...

A moment of silence....I mean GWAR

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg that band was bad arse

RIP

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
R.I.P.
Flattus Maximus

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That's terrible!!! Reading the account here:
music-mix.ew.com...

RIP Flattus Maximus. Thanks for everything!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
NOOOO
I saw them live last year! holy crap.
That's sad,

May he move peacefully into the next realm of existence.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
RIP Cory Smoot

What a shame, awesome talent, died too young at 34. GWAR says they're still going to keep going though.

As we work our way through these difficult days the question is — what will GWAR do? After a lot of consideration, we have decided to carry on with the tour. Although the great temptation would be to return home, curl into a fetal position, and mourn, we can’t do that. First off, Cory wouldn’t want that. He would want us to go on and would be pissed if we didn’t. Plus we know the fans don’t want us to quit. They are going to want a chance to come to grips with their loss, and there is no better place to do that than at a GWAR show. Though it’s hard to believe, I think we all would feel a lot worse if we stopped. For better or worse we have to see this through.

Source:www.gwar.net...
GWAR is one of my all-time favorites, one of the smartest and funniest bands of all time. I saw them in '89 or '90, (somewhere around that time) in the convention room at the Howard Johnsons at 21st and Post in Indianapolis. I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I'd ever seen. Been a fan ever since.
Here's a GWAR oldie, but a classic.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

sorry to see cory go,there act was good ,you can see where bands like lordi,berzerker,got there ideas from ...R.I.P

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My favorite concert from them was them pulling out a make shift dick and releasing the cum on the audience. It was only milk. But still.

Priceless.

Sad to see the imagination of art go.

That was funny though.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wow, that is sad. Cory was one of many guitarists to play the Flattus character and one of the better guitarists in GWAR's liineups.
The slavepit mourns with your family.
A great loss for the Richmond music scene.

top topics

join