It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
as far as my understanding proceeds, cavemen had clubs, samurai had swords,indians had bows and arrows. Arent guns the same thing? Who would be stupid enough to say weapons arent a part of mans evolution in this cruel world?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
2nd Chioce
MP5k
1911 45

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Me personally

1st class, regular soldier, Bushmaster MOE AR15 with a special plate for a ahhh better rate of fire? yeah thats it

side arm, have to go with a FN57 come on its an AP rifle round spraying beast!

I am also part of a group of 10ish who have most of there gear and are ready to go. Got a nice diverse group to, mechanics, pilot, emt, motor t, infantry, and a few others. Did I miss the post with your selection? Also what else would you have gear wise, camos? any carry gear?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Why bother arguing? Who wants a gun when faced with danger? Who wants to go empty handed? Case closed.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'd like to alter my choice to something more classic.

I'll take a stoner 63 with the right hand belt feed option (YAY for a lefty friendly gun) and yes they did make a right hand belt feed for the 63a!

And for a sidearm I'll take an ACG glock....

the ACG glock uses a special raised front sight for use with suppressors and has a slot dovetailed in the rear of the slide for an EOTECH RMR holographic sight.

THis to me would be my dream weapons loadout.... doubt I"ll ever even get CLOSE to a stoner 63 a let alone own one though sadly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
First of all I would carry my instinct, trying to be aware what the situation demands.
Any weapon carried can be detremental if not used according to the situation that arises.

Basic weapons that I would recommend are:

- Baseball bat
- Knifes
- Nunchaku
- Molotov's
- Spears
- A good prayer

Peace to all of us

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
1. .577 T-Rex
2. Robotic Arm
3. Couple cans of soup

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
revolver 22lr will fire in cold or heat. ammo is cheap and can be found everywhere.
small bow and arrow. nothing fancy just enough to take down a deer.

if society as we know it collapses, stealth and silence will be our best weapon against enemies. no one is going to go "john rambo" into a city. it just isn't going to happen. so as nice as it would be to have a state of the art military rifle, simple is better. small firearms and silent movement will be the key to surviving.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

If you were using that setup, and ran into a grizzly though, you'd be in trouble.

I believe in the right of Americans to keep and arm bears. Especially with all the bear hate on ATS.
edit on 7-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Explanation: LMAO! Sorry ... but OL grew up under the cold war where I was 15mins away from being nuked!

Personal Disclosure: AK47's are the least of my problems as biochemical warfare will most likely be used [nukes ..maybe] and that changes the whole ballgame!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Wait, are you agreeing with me? lol

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

thats providing you don't bump into any trouble along the way....

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I would take option 1:
M14 SOCOM
Glock 22 40 cal

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Assault Rifle Package
AK-47 7x62.39
Side Arm Pistol - Glock 40 cal.

Semi Auto Rifle
M14 w/ scope
Side arm Pistol - Glock 40 cal.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Im just wondering why everyone says AK-47 over m4's .. haha.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
my choice 2 uzi s a big shotgun
and a knife and baseballbat

yeah idd some molotov s are great to
edit on 29-11-2011 by tracher999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I would go with the most adaptable weapon for any combat situation imaginable and then stock-up on ammunition. I personally like the cz-61e skorpion that shoots 32acp rounds with three choices of safety, semi-auto and full auto.

I would not purchase any sniper rifle because sniping eventually gives your position away and you get killed just the same, and targets of opportunity mean nothing when everyone thinks it is the best strategy to follow.

Going with a side arm is meaningless because the skorpion is a cross bread between an assualt weapon and machine pistol.

Another good choice would be the IMI Uzi 9mm with hollow points, but I am not sure how well hollow points feed in a sub-machine gun. In other words it could be prone to jamming!

And always carry a switch blade with you as weapon of last resort. Have some understanding in martial arts as well. The marines and rangers are experts in this domain!

Close quarter combat out to 80 yards is much preferred to carrying around a cumbersome one shot bolt action rifle OR an assualt weapon that shoots narrow projectiles at super high velocities that tend to over-penetrate and thus wound people. A good round is one that allows for dispersion of energy into the "victim".

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A crossbow... and a slingshot... for obvious reasons.

edit on 1-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I would go with the most adaptable weapon for any combat situation imaginable and then stock-up on ammunition. I personally like the cz-61e skorpion that shoots 32acp rounds with three choices of safety, semi-auto and full auto.

I would not purchase any sniper rifle because sniping eventually gives your position away and you get killed just the same, and targets of opportunity mean nothing when everyone thinks it is the best strategy to follow.

Going with a side arm is meaningless because the skorpion is a cross bread between an assualt weapon and machine pistol.

Another good choice would be the IMI Uzi 9mm with hollow points, but I am not sure how well hollow points feed in a sub-machine gun. In other words it could be prone to jamming!

And always carry a switch blade with you as weapon of last resort. Have some understanding in martial arts as well. The marines and rangers are experts in this domain!

Close quarter combat out to 80 yards is much preferred to carrying around a cumbersome one shot bolt action rifle OR an assualt weapon that shoots narrow projectiles at super high velocities that tend to over-penetrate and thus wound people. A good round is one that allows for dispersion of energy into the "victim".

How common is a .32 ACP round? Not very. Meaning once you're out of ammo you're done.

A long range rifle with a scope (I refrain from calling it a "sniper rifle" since 99.9% of the people that own one aren't snipers.) is valuable.

switch blade? like from the neighborhood mall knife store? I'll take my emerson CQC-7 and meet you in the alley. And "close quarters combat" isn't 80 yards. Close quarters combat is the distance you have sex with someone.

80 yards and closing is M4/shotgun range.
edit on 1-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Even though i don't have an ar15 only shotguns, rifles and pistols i would choose a...

- Stag arms 2T Ar15 with a surefire scout light M600c and a Kryptonyte laser system
- Glock 22

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join