It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: SETI Captures Signal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If Seti is reluctant to release more specifics and more and more time goes by I would presume that the report has merit. As some have pointed out we may never directly communicate with this civilization within our lifetime, however to actually watch their transmissions over time would be fascinating.

Greed and national security comes to mind for the lack of information. Watching or capturing such programs shown on TLC, Discovery, or The History channel from another "advanced" civilization would be an immense technological windfall. Especially if another planets civilized structure is built around other technology other than oil, arms, and gold. Imagine a planet that had a biological revolution such as Americas early industrial revolution. Techniques learned may be invaluable or even unimaginable in our own time.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It had to have been me as of a day in Febuary I was sitting at home when I started up seti. It just scanned like normal but then I got such a high frequence its dumbfounded me. I just cant explain what i had seen.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
*comes out of lurking*
O
M
G

its truly amazing. whether or not its anything, its a perfect example of how the system works, and truly gives SETI even more well-deserved credit.

i just hope its something. id love were it to be mine, but hey, who wouldnt?

*goes back into lurking*

[edit on 9/2/2004 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cartman
It had to have been me as of a day in Febuary I was sitting at home when I started up seti. It just scanned like normal but then I got such a high frequence its dumbfounded me.

that could be any number of things, i think we've all gotten a giant spike or two, whether we noticed it. sometimes seti sends the result back early when it finds a corruption or something, abnormal results could be a sign of that

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
E.T. Signal

My father just informed me about this today, the story was broadcast on a Talk Show on one of the radio stations out of NY or DC. I used to have the SETi Home program, but it was lost with a virus, now Im trying to re-install it. What are the odds that the government tries to suppress any further developments???

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
If Seti is reluctant to release more specifics and more and more time goes by I would presume that the report has merit. As some have pointed out we may never directly communicate with this civilization within our lifetime, however to actually watch their transmissions over time would be fascinating.

Here's another question -- just because we can respond, does that mean that we should? I wouldn't let an alien civilization know about my presence until I was sure it was safe to do so... until then, I'd just listen in on their radio/TV signals to learn all that I could.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That's not the only weird thing regarding Arecibo. A transmission was made in 1974 and a reply was found years later right next to the radio telescope of Chibolton, in form of a cropcircle, have a close look at these links here:

www.geocities.com...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

www.rense.com... [yeah I know it's rense but just look at it ok?
]

www.astrosurf.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hmmm, well these radio signals may be a good thing or a bad thing. I was doing a little more digging and I found another article on the same website interviewing one of SETI's head honchos. In all actuality it was quite interesting give it a read. Here

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Most of the crop circles look rather crude. However a very few such as the galaxy image remind me of the effects laser etching an anodized surface can have.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Don't forget this could be emanating from a stellar phenomenon......

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
E.T. Signal

My father just informed me about this today, the story was broadcast on a Talk Show on one of the radio stations out of NY or DC. I used to have the SETi Home program, but it was lost with a virus, now Im trying to re-install it. What are the odds that the government tries to suppress any further developments???

Ya know, kind of interesting, the day after I said this, and told people about suppression, they go ahead and annnounce that "oh, it's not really THAT big of a deal, we have SO many signals, and this one isn't too special, the science and news sources are blowing it out of proportion." That's just a rough quote of basically what they were saying on the SETi Site. I knew something like that would occur.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
E.T. Signal

Ya know, kind of interesting, the day after I said this, and told people about suppression, they go ahead and annnounce that "oh, it's not really THAT big of a deal, we have SO many signals, and this one isn't too special, the science and news sources are blowing it out of proportion." That's just a rough quote of basically what they were saying on the SETi Site. I knew something like that would occur.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join