It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Quotes/Words of Wisdom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Theses are a few of my favorite quotes:

1. People Forget what you said, people forget what you did, but people never forget how you made them feel.
(Maya Angelou)

2. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

3. Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody is watching,

(Sorry, I don't know the authors of the last two quotes)

Do you have any favorites to share?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
'Better safe than sorry' and the Terrence Mckenna quote in my signature.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Theses are a few of my favorite quotes:

1. People Forget what you said, people forget what you did, but people never forget how you made them feel.
(Maya Angelou)

3. Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody is watching,

(Sorry, I don't know the authors of the last two quotes)

Do you have any favorites to share?

I think that there is the key to really changing this world.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"the world would be a better place if everyone just behaved and weren't so naughty." - my brother

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Great replies. Star for each of you.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
1. Nobody dies a virgin, because life f*cks you in the end.

2. Do to others, what you want them to do to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You can't have the bread buttered on both sides.

I'd rather keep quiet and let them think I'm an idiot than open my mouth and confirm it.

Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.

If you kick a stone in anger you'll hurt your own foot.

A bird does not sing because it has an answer
it sings because it has a song.

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

The crafty rabbit has three different entrances to its lair.

Walk with your slippers until you can find your shoes.

To him that watches, everything is revealed.

The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something.

(last but not least)

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for one day, teach the man how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

...these are just some of my favorite quotes.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
-Mahatma Gandhi

Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
-Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Veni Vidi Vici"
-Julius Caesar

edit on 5-11-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2011 by daaskapital because: ETA

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
They are in my signature... enjoy...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
will probably be more familiar to us brits

if in doubt give it a clout (hit it)

if you want to avoid work never carry a round tuit (as in i'll do it when i get around to it)

and

theres only 10 types of people who understand binary

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Love your sig

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I know that there are no limits to which the powers of privilege will not go to keep the workers in slavery. - Mother Jones

Love is always creative, fear always destructive.-- Emmet Fox.

The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.-- Gandhi.

Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance! -- Albert Einstein

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing... a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods." --- Aldous Huxley, 1959

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.- Desmond Tutu
When the rich rob the poor it’s called business. When the poor fight back it’s called violence. -- unknown

Karma is only a bitch if you are. -- unknown

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge -- ofhumandescent

When all the trees have been cut down
When all the animals have been hunted
When all the waters polluted
When all the air is unsafe to breathe
Only then will man discover
That you cannot eat money
Cree Indian saying

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." - Henry Kissinger, quoted in "Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW's in Vietnam"

The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people.– Bill Clinton

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations which grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The depression was the calculated 'shearing' of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market....The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank." -- Curtis Dall, FDR's son-in-law as quoted in his book, My Exploited Father-in-Law.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks." -George Bush, Sr.

“Education is dangerous - Every educated person is a future enemy”----- Hermann Goering
"There ought to be limits to freedom." -- G.W. Bush

"Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." ----George Bush Senior speaking in an interview with Sarah McClendon in December 1992

Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government.– Henry Kissinger

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. – Henry Louis Mencken

“Most people don’t want the truth. They’re just looking for answers that confirm their prejudices.”
-Mike Heiser

“An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland.” -- - Adolf Hitler, when announcing the gestapo to the people

“When peaceful revolution becomes impossible, violent revolution
becomes inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy

“When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.” --C. P. Snow

”I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”
-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My favourite is probably the whole list of quotes in Sun Tzu.

Second

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
" Keep it simple stupid " - Chef training me

" I can resist everything except temptation " - Oscar Wilde

" We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars " OW

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it." Julius Caesar

"Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." Ayn Rand.

"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see." Ayn Rand.

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." Napoleon Bonaparte

"What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?" George Orwell.

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Too many favorites. But here are a few.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"People will believe what they want about you, regardless of what the truth is." My mom

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Never let anyone stop you from revealing truth.

Never lick a steak knife.

Choose your own friends.

Never trust anyone who says "trust me".

Don't spend what you don't have.

Admit your wrongs so you learn and you will not make mistakes.

Don't trust Clowns.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks." -George Bush, Sr.
reply to post by ofhumandescent

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing... a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods." --- Aldous Huxley, 1959

Cursed is the man who trusts in man. God

top topics

<<   2 >>

join