It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marines are becoming the "sweet and sensitive" branch of the military.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I never thought I'd write that headline. But units take on the flavor of their leaders, and the ultimate leader of the Marines is Barack Obama. It is a greatness that our country has civilian control, but civilians have one set of skills, and Marines another. I find it difficult to imagine our President as a Marine Company Commander (amusing, but difficult).

But now there have been new orders issued to deal with problems in Afghanistan.

Uncle Sam has decided that the answer lies in the latrine with the U.S. Marine Corps. No kidding. When nature calls, Uncle Sam has decided he wants every U.S. Marine equipped with a map and compass, or some other way of knowing direction. This is to ensure that no U.S. Marine in Afghanistan urinates in the direction of Mecca ever again.
Oh, there's a lot more than this. Take a look at the source:
Marines sensitivity guide

Some questions:
1) Will these orders be faithfully and carefully followed out in the field?
2) Once the word gets out, will the Afghanis stop blowing us up and become our BFFs?
3) Will the number of bar fights soar as the Army asks the Marines if they need help peeing the right way?

Any comments from the Corps are appreciated.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Not my beloved Corps!!??!!?? I hope this is all a joke. Seriously?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yep, indeed.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Reminds me of the good ole days when I had to do what some pansy in Washington told me. I have no religion so I will piss sideways if I like (Mostly in the morning).

Seriously though, there is a troubling shift to Muslim values in the country that has so far been mainly Christian ruled. It used to be Catholics, but the really "Cool" ones switched to Christianity because they sang really loud and fun songs. Oh, and you get to be reborn again without the afterbirth mess which instantly nullifies anything you did in your past and you can once again call yourself shameless.

Now where do I get a stone to cast?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh i hope R. Lee Ermey has something to say about this.
Shouldn`t matter which way you piss as long as its not into the wind

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Also, Obama's "Don't be a baby killer" award:
michellemalkin.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Will this change a Marine's image of himself? Can you be a no-holds-barred, savage killer, and then worry about Mecca's location to avoid offense? I want my Marines to be offensive. When they come into a neighborhood I want everyone there to surrender or run.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Precisely.

I want any American Soldier or Marine to put the fear into the enemy period. I want them offensive, gritty, and deadly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why worry?

God is on our side...

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My god, if I was serving now with this B.S. I'm sorry I'm verging on being apoplectic! Mecca is just a city in Saudi to me. I would be insubordinate just because I'm ignorant, and generally don't care about other folks religions. WTF?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Precisely.

I want any American Soldier or Marine to put the fear into the enemy period. I want them offensive, gritty, and deadly.

In that case they should always urinate only facing Mecca while holding up a middle finger with the free hand.

While you're at it, have all ordinates, missiles, bombs and bullets soaked in vats of pig's blood before being used.

But of course, no matter which side you are on, there is no God, or Allah on any battlefield, or on any side of war. There are no righteous soldiers of God ... He isn't looking and doesn't care about the souls of the damned, no matter who they are praying to.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well war ain't PC.

As much as bleeding hearts feel the need to pigeon hole our troops into being something other than instruments of war. They try to make war more palatable to people by forcing troops to make nice while firing deadly rounds at the enemy.

It makes no sense.
edit on 4-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hokus pokus, voodoo and satanism too...

Seriously, people fighting to kill other people should not be bothered with having to respect their faith.

Nor afraid to disrespect it... War is entirely Godless.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Well the British armed forces are one of the best if not the best armed force in the world and the most respected why you ask? well because they treat neighborhoods with respect don't drop 1,000lbs bomb's to get rid of a guy with an AK and communicate effectively with local leaders.

America still lacks tact that could become essential with building relationships with the right people that will earn them respect but of course it's all "DERP SHOOT ANYTHING THAT MOVE LOL"

new topics

top topics

join