It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The relationship between love and awareness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I have just watched this:
youtu.be...
I think it answers this question about whether it can be named and understood.
Before you 'try' to know, the knowing is already present.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The variety of terms that we approach truth (God, love, aware presence, being) with are called concepts.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

So the variety of terms (concepts) approach truth. Then, the variety of terms can be condensed into one term- truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Love provides an emotion of acceptance of instreaming information. Inversely, hate provides an emotion of denial of instreaming of information.

I think this is the core of your argument but is there any proof of this? I disagree, I think love and hate have nothing to do with instreaming information.

It is said that you could be blinded by love so how is this acceptance when it won't let you see things clearly?
edit on 4-11-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't know. I think that when you accept, like, and love yourself, your awareness of the positive things around you grows. By extension, your capacity to love grows because you are then experiencing more positive emotions all around and are more inclined to feel charitable or loving. Very interesting topic to think about.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by Frater210

I God is Love then God is Phenylethylalanine..

The chemical responsible for the initial high of love is called phenylethylalanine, which promotes passionate love. Within six months to a few years, the phenylethylalanine fades. If a couple remains together, the chemical oxytocin takes over and promotes feelings of comfort, closeness and bonding. Oxytocin helps couples stay together.

www.auburn-reporter.com...

If love is something that can be related to the physical world it is light itself. Once you realize reality is a illusion (in a way, metaphor may be a better word than illusion) created by the collective universal consciousness, focusing on individual molecules like that seems silly.

Or: focusing on the molecules is a way to understand the greater continuity they are a part of.

Mm, I tend to think of it in this fashion: The sorts of visions experienced by St. Paul were probably the by-product of seizures that overstimulated his frontal lobe. But maybe those seizures were the Creator's way of getting Paul to a place where he could experience those visions.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
We could all be one being, however, all would be destroyed if that were to ever occur.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Love in its highest form is simply Wisdom, and it destroys distinctions between Subject and Object, Observer and the Seen. Love in any other form is corrupt on some level. This is easily seen by observing what people normally call "Love" and all the painful, divisive, even hateful emotions attributed to it. True Love knows no greed, no sense of possession, no jealousy, no lust, and despite the fact that many argue that such a love "must be without color" or somehow uninteresting, it surpasses that dark state that normal people call love by many measures.

To the one who has this Transcendent Love, they are capable of loving many, many people without distinction. Those who do not have it are limited to only loving one, and its a painful attachment at that which usually ends in pain and disappointment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join