It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The relationship between love and awareness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Awareness is said to be at the root of all mental processes. What you are not aware of, you are, at best, subconsciously observing.

Everyone recognizes love as a familiar and popular emotion. In my opinion, love does more for you than produce a feeling. Love opens a door. Love is you agreeing with the object of your perception.

In my observations, you cannot adequately learn without love. Love provides an emotion of acceptance of instreaming information. Inversely, hate provides an emotion of denial of instreaming of information.

As intelligent life, you are equipped with awareness, emotions, and memory to discern information. So since hate is the repulsion of instreaming information, can it be said to be a component of any form of awareness other than sentient awareness? Probably not. Love is the acceptance of instreaming information, whereby you become highly aware of your external observations.

So what is the difference between love and awareness. It seems like they are obviously dependent on each other, but could you think for a second and see how they might actually be the same thing?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
God is love. They had that painted on the Tuberculous unit of an AIDs clinic I visited in South Africa, will never forget that. To me it's a fact, that's why the love revolution can NOT be stopped.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Love is seeing and knowing. Love is known when attention is there.
Awareness is the same thing.
It is the all seeing, all knowing presence.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
God is love. They had that painted on the Tuberculous unit of an AIDs clinic I visited in South Africa, will never forget that. To me it's a fact, that's why the love revolution can NOT be stopped.

I like your signature.

Some have said God is consciousness as well.

But what is consciousness without love? Basically nothing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

So, you're saying that awareness is basically God and by love, we become in tune with God's divine reality?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So what is the difference between love and awareness.

If you are "aware" of the reality presented in front of you, then the final thought that is processed is acceptance, which is unconditional love for that specific part of creation.

I also feel hate with my awareness, it's part of the ride sometimes. I'm aware that there is no "right and wrong" outside the man made terms of reality, so I don't feel wrong to feel hate at times. Balance is the key. Feeling emotions is normal, controlling them is another story.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There is only one thing.
Call it God, call it awareness, call it love.
But there is no relationship between any of these because there is only one.

Find out what you are, because your being is the only thing you can be 100% sure of.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

So what is the difference between love and awareness.

If you are "aware" of the reality presented in front of you, then the final thought that is processed is acceptance, which is unconditional love for that specific part of creation.

I also feel hate with my awareness, it's part of the ride sometimes. I'm aware that there is no "right and wrong" outside the man made terms of reality, so I don't feel wrong to feel hate at times. Balance is the key. Feeling emotions is normal, controlling them is another story.

I agree.

You can accept external negativity as well, and thereby propagate your loving attitude.

But examine the feeling of hate compared to love in reference to an object in the process of learning. Say you hate your school teacher. Your teacher is lecturing you, but all you can think of is that you hate him and reasons why you hate him and things you could do to show him you hate him. Say you love your school teacher. You hear everything he is teaching you, because you enjoy listening to him. Then, you enjoy what he's teaching. Then, you even are able to expand upon the lesson in your mind because you are now relating your own experience to what your are hearing. And it was love/ enjoyment that allowed you to see what was really going on.

You can be so imbued with love and full acceptance that everything you observe can even go as far as revealing subliminal messages that could not have otherwise been revealed. Full acceptance in itself is enough to reveal the full spectrum of information that is available in any setting. What's amazing is that the full spectrum of information is much more than you would expect. It gets to the point where you can only describe it all as divine.

So yeah, you are aware when you experience hate, but you are largely only aware of the hate. Perhaps the same can be said about love. In that case, the information you are discerning is love, because you are not only aware of your joy, you are aware of the information at hand. In other words, if you can only be aware of hate when you feel hate, then it would be logical to say that you can only be aware of love when you feel love. But, also, when you feel love, you are aware of the full spectrum of information that is available. So everything is love because when you love is the only time you can truly observe everything. Am I making sense? I might be unclear.

Love is truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

There is only one thing.
Call it God, call it awareness, call it love.

That is 3 things.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If God is Love then God is Phenylethylalanine..

The chemical responsible for the initial high of love is called phenylethylalanine, which promotes passionate love. Within six months to a few years, the phenylethylalanine fades. If a couple remains together, the chemical oxytocin takes over and promotes feelings of comfort, closeness and bonding. Oxytocin helps couples stay together.

www.auburn-reporter.com...

The difference between love and awareness is the awareness that feelings of 'love' and their accompanying super powers are transitory and temporary. The journey to a real bond with your loved one is what promotes real awareness. And the Oxytocin.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

So, you're saying that awareness is basically God and by love, we become in tune with God's divine reality?

I say awareness(consciousness), God, and love are the same thing as abstract as that may seem. But otherwise I agree.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

One thing but many names that point to the that 'one' thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

I God is Love then God is Phenylethylalanine..

The chemical responsible for the initial high of love is called phenylethylalanine, which promotes passionate love. Within six months to a few years, the phenylethylalanine fades. If a couple remains together, the chemical oxytocin takes over and promotes feelings of comfort, closeness and bonding. Oxytocin helps couples stay together.

If love is something that can be related to the physical world it is light itself. Once you realize reality is a illusion (in a way, metaphor may be a better word than illusion) created by the collective universal consciousness, focusing on individual molecules like that seems silly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

If God is Love then God is Phenylethylalanine..

edit on 4-11-2011 by Frater210 because: ?

First: Chemical reactions don't just happen spontaneously most of the time. So there is a necessary action to take place in order to catalyze a circumstance for the chemical reaction to take place.

Second: What do scientists really know about the effects of chemical reactions on the brain? I believe reality is multilayered, and only through the use of chemical reactions in the brain do we have access to those layers.
------------- In other words, the chemical is just a doorway; an enabler. The feeling itself is what lies on the other side of that doorway. The catalytic action allows the chemical to open that door.

So God is not a chemical, he is only observed through chemicals.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

One thing but many names that point to the that 'one' thing.

Would you say that, for us humans, it is impossible to quantify that one thing except by approaching it with a variety of terms?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Once you realize reality is a illusion (in a way, metaphor may be a better word than illusion) created by the collective universal consciousness, focusing on individual molecules like that seems silly.

That is what I am pointing out. This so called reality that is represented as 'Love' is a chemical illusion. Real awareness comes from knowing this and acting anyway.

You cheat yourself out of real understanding by denying the biological realities of existence.

By your will right? Not the will of some chemicals. If you aren't aware of the chemical reality than how are you going to deal with the 'spiritual' reality that you perceive to be there. (And which is).

Still seem silly to you?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I just don't see a separation between biology and spirituality and that whatever you have heard about one is equally as valid as what you have heard about the other. Both are dependent on one another.

God created us, and he also created the necessary chemical combinations to allow our material bodies to make contact with his divine reality.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The variety of terms that we approach truth (God, love, aware presence, being) with are called concepts. Concepts are names and labels that lead to ideas and beliefs. Concepts try to describe reality in language. How can the real be seen in symbols?

All of the variety of life come from that 'one' that is un-nameable.

How can something that is not an object be named?
It is the knowing of experience.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

First: Chemical reactions don't just happen spontaneously most of the time. So there is a necessary action to take place in order to catalyze a circumstance for the chemical reaction to take place.

Sure there is. Two people coming together for any reason is a mystical and spiritual event. Some Buddhists believe that when you bump in to a stranger in the street you have known that person for 10,000 lifetimes.

So I agree. There is your catalyst. I agree

Second: What do scientists really know about the effects of chemical reactions on the brain? I believe reality is multilayered, and only through the use of chemical reactions in the brain do we have access to those layers.

A lot. I mean really a lot. I don't blame anyone for not being able to keep up but Biology has come so far in the last 30 years that you may not recognize it anymore. Biology is no longer memorization of factoids. It is now more like an engineering science. And brain science and neurobiology is developing so fast it is literally speeding away from us.

I like your layering thing. Just because I am talking chemicals does not mean that it all could not be taken symbolically for the trials of love. Maybe the layers are like a labyrinth that the lovers must pass through.

In other words, the chemical is just a doorway; an enabler. The feeling itself is what lies on the other side of that doorway. The catalytic action allows the chemical to open that door.

No. I would say that the feeling itself is the chemistry. What lies beyond the door is a mystery that must be discovered as the Lovers find their way through the labyrinth. The 'feeling' is chemical and transitory. I agree that it is catalytic, but the real mystery is what is discovered after the booster rocket takes us up. The fuel is finite.

So God is not a chemical, he is only observed through chemicals.

Agreed. But if we are to say that the feelings that one experiences for the first six months of a love relationship are God, then I am going to leaven that statement with a little chemistry. Just for the sake of having fun on this thread.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Frater210 because: bloop

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I just don't see a separation between biology and spirituality and that whatever you have heard about one is equally as valid as what you have heard about the other.

Both are dependent on one another. God created us, and he also created the necessary chemical combinations to allow our material bodies to make contact with his divine reality.

I totally agree. The biological reality only ratchets down my faith like a custom-made tool.

Nice post.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Frater210 because: fast mind too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join