It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25th Anniversary of Reagan's TREASONOUS 1986 Amnesty of 4 million illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I encourage you to read this lengthy article. It tells about all the
massive fraud associated with the late 80s ammesty. You had to prove 5
years residency but documents were for sale on every street corner. Applicants claimed they picked strawberries off trees. Our govt did not investigate and approved
nearly everyone. That's what will happen today if we pass the DREAM Act.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
From the article:
"Some of the fraud was so obvious that 400,000 applicants were rejected during the interview."

Amnesty has only made things worse and encouraged more illegal immigration. The last thing we need is another amnesty!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes by all means let's reward those who break the laws set forth. Then how can we expect them to respect The US afterwards? s/f op

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
For your enjoyment (or horror), this is from CNN, July 2010. I can't believe I used to live there in the Salinas Valley:

"(CNN) -- A California man sold his 14-year-old daughter to an 18-year-old man for cash, beer and meat -- then called police when the prospective bridegroom didn't live up to his end of the deal, authorities said Tuesday.

Marcelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, of Greenfield, California, was arrested Monday and booked into the Monterey County Jail, Greenfield police said in a statement. He faces felony charges of receiving money for causing a person to cohabitate, police said.

Martinez had arranged through a third party to have his daughter marry the older teenager, identified by authorities as Margarito de Jesus Galindo, of Gonzales, California. In exchange, Galindo was to pay Martinez $16,000 and provide him with 160 cases of beer, 100 cases of soda, 50 cases of Gatorade, two cases of wine, and six cases of meat, Greenfield Police Chief Joe Grebmeier told CNN.

All those involved in the case are from the western Mexican state of Oaxaca, the police chief said. In the Oaxacan community, such an agreement is "normal and honorable," he said. "In California, it's against the law."
In Oaxacan culture, the food and beverages are provided by a prospective bridegroom for the wedding, Grebmeier said.

Authorities believe the young girl went with Galindo willingly, and no coercion was involved, he said. However, the girl is four years younger than California's age of consent, although the law does allow 16-year-olds to marry with parental consent.

"The 14-year-old juvenile moved in with Galindo and when payments were not received, the father, Martinez, called Greenfield PD to bring back the daughter," according to a written police statement.
The girl was reported as a runaway juvenile on December 18, Grebmeier said, and police took a missing-persons report and put out a flier.

But "as we investigated, it started to develop into something that may not have been a runaway," he said, and police began to believe Martinez wanted them to bring back his daughter, since he had received no payment.
On January 2, Galindo and the girl returned from a trip to Soledad, a town a few miles north of Greenfield, and were interviewed. Police learned the couple had never married, but had engaged in sexual relations, Grebmeier said.

Galindo and Martinez were neighbors at an apartment complex and were apparently from the same area in Mexico, the police chief said. A third party was brokering the marriage deal, he said, and is cooperating with authorities. But the young couple apparently left for Soledad before the negotiations were complete.
Martinez was arrested Sunday after undergoing additional questioning by police, Grebmeier said. He remained jailed Tuesday.

Galindo was cited for statutory rape and released, Grebmeier said. The girl was returned to her family, he said, as authorities believe she is in no danger. However, police reported the case to child protection officials.
The Greenfield area has had a large influx of Oaxacans. A presentation on understanding Oaxacan culture is posted on the Greenfield police Web site.

"Arranged marriages are common in several cultures, and this is not an issue among consenting adults over the age of 18," police said in the statement. "But California has several laws regarding minors, the age of consent and human trafficking."

Police are trying to be culturally sensitive, Grebmeier told CNN, but "when I'm in Mexico, I have to respect Mexican laws. When you're in the United States, you have to respect United States laws. That's the bottom line."

He said he wanted to send a message to immigrant communities that such behavior is unacceptable. He said his department has long heard rumors of children as young as 12 being sold or offered for sale. The Greenfield police statement said arranged marriages between young girls and older men "have become a local problem."
Greenfield is about 140 miles southeast of San Francisco."

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Police are trying to be culturally sensitive, Grebmeier told CNN, but "when I'm in Mexico, I have to respect Mexican laws. When you're in the United States, you have to respect United States laws. That's the bottom line."

If only that was true. But we have a president who last august announced that 30,000,000 illegals could now live openly in america in brazen defiance of laws passed by congress.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

How dare you question the act of the conservative god, Ronald Reagan? He parted the red sea you know.
Now why would Reagan have done that? Hmm Cheap labor for his friends maybe? Huh? Think so? It's the same problem Georgie Bush ran into when his zombies demanded he shut down the border. He wasn't about to block or eject the illegals. His buds make way too much money with the dirt cheap labor.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Now why would Reagan have done that? Hmm Cheap labor for his friends maybe? Huh? Think so? It's the same problem Georgie Bush ran into when his zombies demanded he shut down the border. He wasn't about to block or eject the illegals. His buds make way too much money with the dirt cheap labor.

Of course. Big Business makes a fortune off illegals, using them as both customers and cheap labor. Meanwhile, the taxpayers are stuck with the huge social costs of these criminal parasites.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Back then 4 million and that was without counting those that never go the Amnesty, now the ones waiting stands at over 13 million, yes immigrants love politicians don't they.

I wonder how many of the 4 million fell on welfare benefits.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Back then 4 million and that was without counting those that never go the Amnesty, now the ones waiting stands at over 13 million, yes immigrants love politicians don't they.

I wonder how many of the 4 million fell on welfare benefits.

It is costing us BILLIONS of dollars for illegals and their schooling, welfare, prison care, medical and what-not. And where does the government look for cuts on their trillions of dollar of debt? Well, the illegals won't suffer that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

It may have been a well-intentioned mistake. They intended, I think, to allow people who had been here at least five years, and who probably had families here, to become legal,so they can pay into the system and not just benefit from it in the shadows, but as a bi-partisan style mistake, we see the consequences today. I also say, yesterday's mistakes should not be repeated.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by damwel

Of course. Big Business makes a fortune off illegals, using them as both customers and cheap labor. Meanwhile, the taxpayers are stuck with the huge social costs of these criminal parasites.

I've never heard a peep from the OWS crowd about this aspect of big business. I think they support illegals.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In my view, that is how Rick Perry lost the Tea Party vote!!!! He caters to this exact type of thing. This is what I believe is referred to as "the Compassionate Conservative".

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Bump

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Bump

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Bump (sorry about the bumps but Omg 20 replies before I can start my own thread)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Bump

top topics

join