It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment for the innocent that are about to die.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by jude11

I'm still hoping that cooler heads prevail.

If there is a war, it won't just Nuclear, but also Radiologoical, Biological and Chemical warfare. And it will touch major cities in the US. It would touch every continent.

But like I said, I hope that cooler heads prevail.

I agree and disagree. While I don't relish the thought of world conflict, I am educated enough to know that it is inevitably going to happen again.....maybe soon. On one hand I want cooler heads to prevail right now, which will only delay war, so I can live out my cushy life and the conflict will start after I am dead and gone. But on the other hand I just want to get it over with and see what's next.

I would imagine if this next conflict could be delayed 2-3 generations that there would be less loss of actual human life than a conflict fought in today's times due to the use of automated systems and robotics in the future (sure, the big boys have limited stuff like that now, but in 100 years even the little guys will have major war automation I would imagine). I imagine a war in 100-150 years would be decided very quickly. Whichever side manages to disable another country's ability to defend itself using automated systems first would have the advantage and win the conflict (assuming they are playing to win other than just playing like we are today).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"Naturally, the United States Congress, which gets its marching orders on Middle East policy from the lobby which, in turn, gets its marching orders from Binyamin Netanyahu, is rushing to do what it is told. (If only Congress addressed joblessness at home with the same alacrity and enthusiasm.) "
ATS LINK
War Mongers

edit on 4-11-2011 by KingArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I can appreciate that realities of war and what it means for the citizens of a country and the everyday people who have nothing to do with it. I can appreciate the view of the OP and the sentiments. You are right that most people don't worry about that kind of stuff in the US because it is so far from the troubled areas that it seems almost like an alien world.

The biggest thing I have to question is the certainty and finality of a lot of the people on ATS.... I realize there are tensions with Iran (which have been there for almost 5yrs now) and I realize that Israel is running on with a lot of rhetoric and the British press has gone on a field day with the speculations etc. The problem I have with it all is I do not see impending war. I mean I felt more sure there would be a war with North Korea when they sunk a ship then I do with Iran right now. This is a snippet I grabbed from one of the first stories I read about the US and Iran in a week as an example.

"What we're focused on is a diplomatic strategy," said Rhodes, "which increases the pressure on the Iranians, through financial pressure, through economic sanctions, through diplomatic isolation."

I realize this is from Fox News and most of you hate it but let's be honest of all the MSM out there they are the ones most likely to be fear mongering and they aren't even doing that.... So I closing I do not feel we are on the brink of WW3. Israel will eventually shut up or be told to by the US and UK. Which of course means we will have to sell our souls like we did in the Gulf War. As I saw in another post Iran has done nothing wrong at least that we can really prove was there government. The assassination plot was more then likely from a terrorist group in Iran. There is nothing that says Iran can't cross the Suez Canal (I remember when that was going to be the end too). Finally this is not the first time we have been at Iran over nukes anyone remember the Stuxnet virus that we had nothing to do with....

I for one am sick of America, Russia, and Britain running around with nukes and not doing anything to get rid of them while preaching to the rest of the world. Everyone knows Israel has nukes and they aren't even a member of the IEAE and no one is doing anything to investigate there intentions. It's is sickeningly such a double standard in the Middle East. I feel sorry for the countries that have to put up with Israel not the other way around.

edit on 11/4/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

Also to have another perspective. Think of all the mothers, fathers, teens, and people in general that might have just signed up for ATS or just checking out the site. Who live in fear because they aren't used to the site yet and see all the constant we are all going to die, the SHTF is happening now, and omg we are going to die posts that are made on a near hourly basis.
edit on 11/4/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

In the West, we are going on with our daily lives, watching Jersey Shore and peeking at the OWS once in awhile. We are buying whatever we don't need, going to school, complaining about work and throwing away leftover food as usual.
reply to post by jude11

I was totally with you until this ...quoted above.

I am a mother in the West and you just described how I FEEL. I can hardly buy gas or pay for my children's school lunches. I'm not on food stamps...but I could be if I went and applied for them. I do not watch the corrupted television and I am in fear for my kids safety and what is around the corner in regards to war. Kids, mothers, and fathers, cousins and uncles are all chanting Death to Americans. When I hear this....I have to wonder out loud.... what have I done or what have my kids done to these people? Not a thing.

We don't throw away left overs. If there happens to be left overs we save them for the next day. We often eat sandwiches, can food, pasta, and so on.

There are a lot of us in the United States who cannot afford to live these days much less die.

The people of the United States do not support TPTB nor do we want war. We want peace for our children just like everyone else. We want jobs and we want to support our children's needs and be able to feed them without worry too.

Please do not divide the wants and needs of the United States people with the rest of the world. We are people too, who struggle daily.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The innocent die every day in this World. Wars, Crime, "the horror of predation". It seems the World was created by something evil. I share your feelings for people but wonder why things are the way they are here. I can't imagine how any of us could change it. Even if Humans overcame all our worst traits we still would have to eat as would the other creatures of the World. Is there a "nice" way to consume the flesh of another life? I think its possible that those who die are the lucky ones.

Sorry for rambling but I wonder if we aren't wasting our energy trying to change the unchangeable?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Find the path of least resistance to win this intellectual battle. All effort to confront TPTB and the corrupt officials, lame science and laws in place that have brought us to this point will fail if we attempt to slam into it head first. That is the way of the primitive man, slamming things together to effect change. A much more effective and easier way is to guide the elements through change.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Great OP, it brought tears to my eyes. It seems humanity on it's own is ready and waking up to the insanity we have been born into. It is literal insanity the whole system all over the world is psychopathic. I can see us coming to a place soon where soldiers refuse to fight, unfortunately that won't save enough lives. We have come to a point where drones can do what soldiers refuse to and sadly there are and always will be military officials willing to push buttons that unleash missles and bombs. Our people willing or unwilling seem to be on an irreversable course of destruction so my question to humanity is...

Are you going to die a soldier loyal to your enslaver or are you going to die a soldier in defense of humanity?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
The few condemn the many. It is a sad fact. They condemn us when they must realise without us they are nothing, while us without them are free.

And majority rules for a reason. Some people would like to shave off the weakest members of the pack and keep them indentured. It takes the rest of the pack to stop them. Hello majority. These folks the OP speaks of may as we be us - only in different locations and with different government. Without anyone around them everyone is free...and lonely.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just read this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... talking about Iran exposing the US "terrorist" activities and their involvement. We all know what Washington does when they are in fear of being exposed.

I really hope and pray this does not turn into a war.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Speak your speech I prey Thee...
The sticks and stones do not throw...
Speak Truth without your anger,
and the seeds of Peace you will sow...

For Peace my tears flow freely...
For Love my breath trembles low...
But, no tears can wash completely,
the pain in war that flows...

With Courage I stand before you,
to speak what my heart will show...
Like a plant without rain will wither,
A world without Love cannot grow...

Only Love can be that rain/reign...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I had made a thread about this vid, but it was in the middle of the night, and it went out of sight-mind in short order. You all -need- to see this, even though it might ruin your day. There will be a million more of these kinds of attrocities to the little innocents, when US/Nato?/Israel go on ahead with the global mow-everyone-down-for-no-reason Agenda.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
From my observations most people let other people do the work.... they agree but don't want to get up and help. Look at the Leaders and their records if the peoples don't get up and stand together and get rid of them once and for all then they will only continue.

There are many more of us then them ......we need to become ANTZ
edit on 4-11-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Amen brother I think about these things all the time. It might be us before we know it! While we are watching football no doubt or something else of importance!

Moongazer

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

[COLOR=GOLD]
jude11, Thanks for caring for the species. There needs to be more who LOVE as you DO
. I pray for Earth that no nukes get launched because it will lower the vibrations here globally. If it happens... NONE CAN BE UPSET WITH WHAT MAY FOLLOW TO EFFECT ALL*

NAMASTE*******

[/COLOR]

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Can you for just a second imagine what it is like for a mother looking at her child, listening to the radio or TV blaring out messages of a possible nuclear war coming within weeks or even days?

All i can say is if you expect a nuclear war to happen, it would be a bit naive to expect it to remain local.

Any future use of nuclear weaponry will lower the threshold for future use. One major change in military doctrine the Bush administration was considering was allowing field generals to authorize the use of tactical nuclear weaponry. Of course, anyone with a sane mind would quickly realize if we use them in this manner, so will other nuclear states. The obvious danger then would be quick escalation when two nuclear forces confront one another. Enormous pressure would be placed on leadership to attempt a decapitation strike.

If you are worried about a mother and child in Iran being nuked, i suggest a very real fear of your own. We might not be long after.

And yes, i can imagine too. Living through the 80s was a scary time. The rhetoric coming from Reagan (who i have nothing but respect for now) was nothing short of terrifiying. I gained much respect for him after he watched The Day After (still in my opinion the scaried movie i have ever seen), and began building closer ties with the Soviets.

edit on 4-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OP
reply to OP

[COLOR=GOLD]
Can you for just a second imagine what it is like for a mother looking at her child, listening to the radio or TV blaring out messages of a possible nuclear war coming within weeks or even days? It really doesn't matter to her who is right or wrong and my guess is that many don't even know why it is coming. It's not her fault as it's not yours or mine. I don't imagine she's too thrilled with her leaders right now either.

[/COLOR]

Yes I can imagine....
I was born in 1954......I have memories of the Cuban missile crisis. I was very young and wasn't really that aware of the current events....at least I didn't realize I was but, I remember the dreams I had of formations of really big black planes flying overhead and knowing what their mission was. The situation then wasn't really different from what those in Iran are facing today.

I think back on those dreams and think about the B2......wondering if I was looking even further into the future back then.

BTW, I believe the main difference between humans and all other species is that humans have the knowledge that death will come to us one day. That fear explains a lot of our societal problems.....brave-up people.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Think? I'v been there and done that, it was called the Cuban missile crisis, I was eight years old. You seem to forget how many times Iran said they will wipe Israel off the face of the world. Time to put up or shut up. Your liberal slant is blaringly loud.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

www.globalresearch.ca...

This think tank reports the origin of the alleged accused statement against Israel. The statement is actually a piece of disinfo propaganda. A lie.

Just like all the other elaborate and bizarre weapons of words like when a CIA operative spread the story that Iraqi forces were throwing babies out of incubators in hospitals. This is to demonize for the global death agenda of the anti life non humans. Be not decieved.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Think? I'v been there and done that, it was called the Cuban missile crisis, I was eight years old. You seem to forget how many times Iran said they will wipe Israel off the face of the world. Time to put up or shut up. Your liberal slant is blaringly loud.

Ahmandinejad never actually said that. antiwar.com...

Get your facts right. on the basis of this and many other lies told by israel and the US, many innocent people will die.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
So many warmongering bastards here on ATS - makes me ashamed to be part of this community sometimes - in the last few days i've heard idiots saying 'Iranians deserve to die because they threatened Israel' or that 'palestinians are scum' or that 'Afghans deserved it because they are all terrorists'

These people are deluded xenophobic idiots who make my blood boil.

These people who wish to cluster bomb Iran or throw white phosphorous on Palestinian civilians are utter fools, they speak of justice or liberty, democracy and freedom as if they even know what it means. Many of these members I even considered friends or at least appreciated some of their former posts and links.

Now I feel disgruntled. People can talk about bombing middle eastern countries and shooting innocents, yet others who discuss cannabis are banned, punished and abused by moderators.

Vile. I hate this planet sometimes.

We can wish for peace....but did you know that in Iran, you would not be able to view a site like this or you would get beheaded. Women are treated like they are in the stone age. And with WMD becoming more available ...
do we really want JAHAD by some crazed guy in 50 years, when its easy to get WMD.

What happens, happens. I leave it to my president, the overlords and the illuminati.

I do feel sorry for them...but all I have to say is some crazed lunitic in 50 years that says jahad to the (That calls America the great satan) America.

Can their really be peace? I tried to stop the war between Iran and israel. What ever happens America should really stay out of it. It's not our war.

The muslim extremist religion is horrible.(So are dangrous "christian extremitsts." They should be dealt with from the inside.) They hate the U.S.A. they call it the great satan. SO if you like the freedoms that we have and want to avoid future terror attacks......I leave it up to my overlords. Even though I'm a Gentile And dont feel obligated to protect israel...we have allot invested in israel. A free country in the middle east is good.

If there is any way to achieve peace I'm all for it. But I see our future being put in jeperdy by a extremist who hates what he calls the great satan.

Would you like to see these guy be beheaded for joking around? It should be a war between Iran and Israel and the usa and russia nd china stay out of it.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Justme888 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join