It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN and OWS... Ooops!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

So under your line of thinking, every story that has ever been reported on no matter where or by whom is untrue and completely false if the sources are withheld, or shall we say unnamed? Or is it another good for the goose but not the gander thing? And let me be clear here as I personally cannot stand any news media as I believe they are all idiots, Fox, Cnn etc. But I also cannot stand ACORN and the crooks that operate that company as well. Just in case there is any confusion on any of that I wanted to clear the air.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by narwahl

So under your line of thinking, every story that has ever been reported on no matter where or by whom is untrue and completely false if the sources are withheld, or shall we say unnamed? Or is it another good for the goose but not the gander thing? And let me be clear here as I personally cannot stand any news media as I believe they are all idiots, Fox, Cnn etc. But I also cannot stand ACORN and the crooks that operate that company as well. Just in case there is any confusion on any of that I wanted to clear the air.

Hating Acorn is hard: they don't exist anymore.
But yes, I want a little bit more, especially when it comes from known liars.
People got fired?
Should be easy to get them on the record.
Withholding sources is not the same as "sources say"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Something tells me OWS will eventually end up doing the repubs a big favor.

I am very scared that you are right.

If republicans sweep the 2012 elections...I'm blaming the delusional people at OWS for thinking they are changing the world....by not supporting the politicians that share their views.

I hope it doesn't happen...but it's a possibility.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
Fox news has zero credibility on this issue. The whole Murdoch empire has gone on a full court press to portray this whole OWS thing in the most negative way that they possibly can.
The whole story is based on unnamed sources. Who are these unnamed sources? Are they getting paid? Did they tap people's phones? It wouldn't be the first time for a Newscorp company to do it.
Job one at Fox seems to be to manufacture opinions that they want people to have.

Fox News reported that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. Are you going to watch for it in the west? Seriously, you people need to give it a rest. If you don't believe it, or think they're lying, call a cop and have them charged with libel. It's really easy. Otherwise, why don't you do some legwork and try to prove this article wrong?

BTW: Unnamed sources have been a staple of news reporting for about a couple of centuries now. You seem to be a little behind on that information, so I thought I'd share.

OP: ACORN is a corrupt group. This about par for the course for them. Thanks for sharing.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thanks to the little birdies for chiming into this thread. Hey are all of you getting your talking points from the same place?

"New York Communities for Change participates in protests, direct action, social activism and campaigns that promote social and economic justice. We see FOX as the enemy to those efforts. For the record, this is consistent with Fox attacks on Van Jones, Shirley Sherrod, George Soros, Citizen Action, Planned Parenthood and all those who stand for social justice. Once again, FOX entertainment poses as FOX News. Once again, FOX makes a series of false, unsubstantiated claims and accusations which have no basis in fact. Once again, through a series of sources FOX structures a story which is nothing but a series of lies."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
documents-after-exposed/#ixzz1chjZcQ4e

Can't say I didn't see that coming from a mile away. Deny Ignorance and keep those rose colored glasses glued to your faces.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Rightwingers get their news from ad libs, right?

"Democrats do _______ and cause _____ funded by Soros and Acorn!"
"Liberals are _________ because of ____________ funded by Soros and Acorn!"
"Blah blah blah blah Soros and Acorn!"

I think it is either time to get a new playbook or admit defeat. If the only things you all had to overcome in the last 3 years was one defunded group and one man and you could not do that then apparently Obama is more powerful than you all like to claim.
edit on 3-11-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Thanks to the little birdies for chiming into this thread. Hey are all of you getting your talking points from the same place?

Do you ask that because that is what you do? Listening to Hannity and Savage on the way home lately has been the same as someone calling to tell me what will be on ATS when I get home. Where do you get yours?

Can't say I didn't see that coming from a mile away. Deny Ignorance and keep those rose colored glasses glued to your faces.

Shocker.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Fox News reported that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. Are you going to watch for it in the west? Seriously, you people need to give it a rest. If you don't believe it, or think they're lying, call a cop and have them charged with libel. It's really easy. Otherwise, why don't you do some legwork and try to prove this article wrong?

No, it is not really easy. You apparently know nothing of libel laws. I cannot charge them with libel against ACORN. Neither could you.

BTW: Unnamed sources have been a staple of news reporting for about a couple of centuries now. You seem to be a little behind on that information, so I thought I'd share.

What is your point there? Who is talking about news? FOX had to testify in court that they are NOT news in order to get out of being ordered NOT to lie. FOX is ENTERTAINMENT. You seem to be a little behind on that information.

OP: ACORN is a corrupt group. This about par for the course for them. Thanks for sharing.

/TOA

You might want to point to a valid ATS thread on that.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Don't stop there.
OWS has links to ACORN. Okay. Agreed.
ACORN has links to. . . . . the White House. Check visitor records for the past few months. ACORN (along with SEIU) has been very active, and in my humble opinion, been given the green light by Obama to do the things that they are doing.

Doubts?

Here's a link to the issues that OWS has. Want to guess how many dovetail with the Obama administration?

sites.google.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by narwahl

So under your line of thinking, every story that has ever been reported on no matter where or by whom is untrue and completely false if the sources are withheld, or shall we say unnamed?

Uh yeah.

Why would you believe any story just because of who told it?
I like to wait until the story proves to be true myself but apparently thats odd?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

Originally posted by jibeho

Do you ask that because that is what you do? Listening to Hannity and Savage on the way home lately has been the same as someone calling to tell me what will be on ATS when I get home. Where do you get yours?

Shocker.

Who's Savage? Randy Savage is dead.
I get all my news from Fox because I work for Fox.

Actually, I get my news from any source that is not MSNBC, CBS, CNN, NBC, Huffington or KOS. Drudge is a good clearing house for news stories as is Hot Air.com, MY Way, and for the Good Stuff I go to Big Government, Newsmax, Townhall and CNS and of course ATS. Then its off to scan what few decent non liberal newspapers are left these days.

In case you couldn't figure it out, I make every effort to ignore the liberal bias of the typical MSM outlets.

When I want to laugh I go to Media Matters, Kos and what little is left of Huffington.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Wow, dude. I am going to be busy laughing at you listing Andrew Breitbart as a good source for a while. That is some funny funny stuff.
But you brag about getting your news from single minded far right wing sources and cannot name any of the "non liberal" sources. Such a variety. Lol. I bet you are amazed when you walk into a church, start talking to people, and find they all believe in the same religion.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jibeho

Don't stop there.
OWS has links to ACORN. Okay. Agreed.
ACORN has links to. . . . . the White House. Check visitor records for the past few months. ACORN (along with SEIU) has been very active, and in my humble opinion, been given the green light by Obama to do the things that they are doing.

Doubts?

Here's a link to the issues that OWS has. Want to guess how many dovetail with the Obama administration?

sites.google.com...

Good stuff. They are all sharing the crib sheet on exam day.
Incidentally, The owners of Zuccotti Park are also tied to Obama's administration and Biden via the law firm that Biden's son works for. For some Reason OWS picked this particular Privately Owned Park out of 40 possible Private Park Locations in NYC. HMMM... I think someone smelled a slam dunk.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is garbage how the hell can they say they represent the 99% when more than half this country isn't paying attention or just flat out do not care about them.

By a 39 - 30 percent margin, American voters have an unfavorable opinion of the Occupy Wall Street movement, with 30 percent who don't know enough about it for an opinion.

www.quinnipiac.edu...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun
reply to post by jibeho

Wow, dude. I am going to be busy laughing at you listing Andrew Breitbart as a good source for a while. That is some funny funny stuff.
But you brag about getting your news from single minded far right wing sources and cannot name any of the "non liberal" sources. Such a variety. Lol. I bet you are amazed when you walk into a church, start talking to people, and find they all believe in the same religion.

Yeah, its tough in my crazy world. I believe in crazy things like free markets, small goverment, tax overhaul, govt. staying out of my !@#$, conservative and responsible spending, and even balanced budgets.

Keep laughing... I had a good laugh on election night in 2010 as the sweeping poll results came in. I'm sure I'll have another next year.

You may want to plan on moving to Canada.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Would you suggest that Martin Luther King could only have represented black people that knew of him?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Obama on Acorn- You know, if — frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely. I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.

Either a LIAR or INCOMPETENT.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

Your on a role tonite i fail to see what :

Rightwingers
Savage
Martin Luther king
The thread author has to do with Acorn and the NYCC?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Obama on Acorn- You know, if — frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely. I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.

Either a LIAR or INCOMPETENT.

How about both.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

OWS is nothing more than a special interest group promoting a political agenda.

There are people in OWS who wanted true change. They're a wee bit behind the curve, but maybe they'll join the Tea Party once the dust settles.

But OWS has shown itself to be nothing but a blunt weapon of the progressive movement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join