It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who beat daughter is denying it was as bad as it seemed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

indeed i imagine most victims of abuse upon 1st holding their
child, make themselves a promise to be different than their parents

and when baby acts up or becomes defiant
they loose their patience and revert to their programing

and another promise thrown into the trascan

Welcome to the

S A H A R A S I A
Resource Page

The 4000 BCE Origins of Child Abuse,
Sex-repression, Warfare and Social Violence,
In the Deserts of the Old World

Evidence for a Worldwide,
Climate-Linked Geographical Pattern
in Human Behavior

James DeMeo, Ph.D.

Early Climate Change Towards Saharasian Deserts at c.4000 BCE led to the
First Widespread Appearance of Violent Human Societies, who have
Favorably Perpetuated Themselves over the Centuries by Conquest of more Peaceful Societies.

Those are the findings from James DeMeo's Saharasia!

link: www.orgonelab.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

I am sorry but my theory? If I had not been spanked.. can you please underline where I said anything about your children being spanked??
If your children are great then that is great. More power to you and them. It is good to hear when things turn out well.

Therian

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't see anything that is really 'illegal'....

If an adult walked up to another adult and swung a belt out of anger just once, it's assault. Hell, you can spit on someone and it's assault. So, I don't see how you people can say that the continued beating of a minor is not illegal. But if it had happened to an adult, it is illegal.

With your logic, beating kids: not illegal. Beating adults, illegal. Got it.

People really need to study the laws and recognize what child abuse is. It's no wonders kids are the way they are nowadays.

If this was an adult walking up to another adult, you may have a point. However, this isn't an adult vs. an adult in street altercation. This is a father discplining his daughter for comitting a civil and criminal offense. This also sounds about the time the 6 figure lawsuits for downloading these things were just starting to get rolling...so there is that to consider.

I think what he did was borderline on the discipline for 2 reasons. First, she was a bit old, to put it gently, to be spanked with a belt for an infraction of this kind. If he couldn't find a better approach than physical discipline at that point in her childhood, HE is the one with some issues...she just broke a minor law.

Second..If we allow that the rest is proper, he wasn't even trying all that hard to keep it on the butt...which is one way I personally view discipline from child abuse. A rather painful red butt is something I grew up with on occasion and I didn't know a single kid who didn't receive it themselves on occasion.

A painful, red and welt streaked butt, back, thighs, arms and side of her torso are signs of out of control discipline turned to child abuse.

I'd note that in the laws....corporal punishment is still allowed in many states for the SCHOOLS, let alone parents with their children. As a parent, I HATE this part of raising our son and it's never pretty....but done with meaning, not anger and with control not wild eyed mania, it has it's place in my view.

Time-Out's as the sole approach lead to much longer time-outs in our nations correctional facilities when a child grows up, IMO.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing change and minor addition

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Therian
If I grew up and had not been spanked, I would have been calling everyone around me foul names would be a thief and probably in jail for it now.

I'm sure if you weren't spanked as a child and acted like a complete ass as an adult someone out here in this wild world would eventually put you in check...

So you see it balances out.

Some people just get off on dominating others; whether you would want to concede to this or not.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Your correct of course I wasn't aware the clip was so old and Such this is my mistake. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. In my defense I was only responding what I percieved as a one time spanking not and ongoing day to day kind of thing. and was answering mainly to The moderators question about beating on a grown adult because of a disagreement.
Therian

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unkown142

Did your children grow up in the same situation as he did? Were your children influenced the way he was when he was a child? I didnt think so. I'm not trying to be rude but think your responses through

I have thought my reponses through. Children who are never spanked/beaten/assulted by their parents do not become more criminal than children who are assaulted by parents on a regular basis. It is quite the opposite. The jails all over the world are filled with people who grew up in violent homes and was "disiplined" (abused/beaten) from a young age.

And remember, nobody influence a child more than the child's parents. The parents (or other primary caretakers) build up the basic corner stones in a human being. Children growing up in a violent neighborhood, but being treated will love and respect by their parents in their own home, will have an instinctive understanding that violence is wrong. Children who are subjected to violence from their own parents, will incorporte violence as a natural part of their nature and way of reacting to frustration and anger. These children have a much bigger risk of ending up in conflict with the law.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I couldn't agree more. If I had turned out a bad apple then society would have leveled me back out. Karma as you say. Some of those lessons for being a Rude arse could have put me in a hospital or worse. I am personally glad I had the lessons earlier on SO when I got older I was able to navigate through life without any serious harm.
Therian

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I ment that you bacically said that just because your children were'nt spanked and grew up successful ment that everyone could do that. Some kids need a little leather across their butt to teach them a lesson.

To respon to your most recent post:

So are your schools, hospitals, courts, and buisness buildings. Just because someone grew up in a evironment where they we're spanked for wrong doings doesn't meant that they will hold that grudge and grow up to be violent. I understand that some criminals were abused as children, but you cant say that everyone that was abused will be a criminal.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
By the end of the day this slime, is making judgments on others, affecting and in some cases destroying other peoples families and lives, so the creep should not be above the law.

50 lashes for him and removal from his position.
edit on 3-11-2011 by marsend because: typo

edit on 3-11-2011 by marsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The county where this judge serves is close to me in South Texas. It is on the local news daily. Tonight they reported the actual reason she released the video (she has given several). She released the video because he told her he was through paying for school.

She is 23. She should be out of school or working to help pay for herself.

So because he cut off the money, she released this video (saved for 7 years) out of spite to ruin his career.

Not saying the spanking wasn't a bit much but she released the video out of spite. If she was truly crying for help she would have gotten it to someone 7 years ago. All she had to do was even talk to a school counselor.

And yes he has gone into hiding, his life has been threatened. I would go into hiding too. As someone said in the other thread, its not ok for the judge to use violence but it is ok for everyone else to threaten to kill him. Great way to teach that violence is the wrong way to do things.

There is another thread on ATS about this from a couple days ago. If you search you can find it. There are some posts that outline the indicators that make this appear as a setup.

He didn't punish her for using the internet. He punished her for ILLEGALLY downloading music from Kazaa. It wasn't the first time. The internet account is in his name. It was during the time that individuals were being sued for downloading ILLEGALLY. He is a judge and she was performing ILLEGAL acts under his name.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
The county where this judge serves is close to me in South Texas. It is on the local news daily. Tonight they reported the actual reason she released the video (she has given several). She released the video because he told her he was through paying for school.

She is 23. She should be out of school or working to help pay for herself.

So because he cut off the money, she released this video (saved for 7 years) out of spite to ruin his career.

If you can get a link to this, I would appreciate it. If true I could cut the judge some slack. Other wise the video stands as felony child abuse by a man that really enjoyed beating his daughter; not a simple spanking as you claim. A spanking is an openhanded swat on the butt; not wailing on someone with a belt. imo.
edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: 4r4

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It may take a little while, it was reported on the 6:00 local news. I will have to see if they have posted to their website.

Give me a little time to see if I can find it.

OK, here is the link.

www.khou.com...

Please note, the statements about money and car are made by the father so many will just ignore it. But keep in mind everything noted about the video and the spanking is made by the daughter. Neither have any backup for their allegations.
edit on 11/3/2011 by TXTriker because: link

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If true, that just furthers the point his discipline methods were useless and caused more harm than good. If he beat her because she was a disobeying brat, nothing's changed. She's still a disobeying, disrespectful brat only today, she's a vengeful brat. Well done, dad. Do well-rounded, happy children who learn respect for their parents with love instead of violence grow up to be hateful and vengeful against them?

Nothing good has come of this. Any relationship they had together is over now and may never be able to be repaired.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Not always................with a lot of counseling, soul searching and reading books on parenting the pattern can be changed.

I am living proof.

Suffered 11 years of physical, sexual and psychological abuse and did not repeat the pattern.

It's all about learning to control and get a handle on your emotions and learning to think logically on how to solve a problem without resorting to violence.

Psychologically many people lose emotional control in anger because they are reverting back to the emotions they felt when they were small, helpless and abused.

My oldest son is ADHD and as a infant would go for 2-3 days without being able to sleep, he was a holy terror from birth until around 20 (two decades) and yet we never resorted to beating him.............tempted to - but being a survivor of abuse I swore I would never continue the pattern.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

well done

not singling you out just pointing out the sad majority

:sigh: but of course some refuse they are part of the problem

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
reply to post by whaaa

It may take a little while, it was reported on the 6:00 local news. I will have to see if they have posted to their website.

Give me a little time to see if I can find it.

OK, here is the link.

www.khou.com...

Please note, the statements about money and car are made by the father so many will just ignore it. But keep in mind everything noted about the video and the spanking is made by the daughter. Neither have any backup for their allegations.
edit on 11/3/2011 by TXTriker because: link

Thanks for the link. It actually just reinforced my belief that judge Adams is a white trash child abusing perv.
His excuses were so lame and contrived it was almost laughable.

What is sad is that I have lost so much respect for some members here at ATS that I once admired. Now they have shown their true colors in defending a child abusing parent with lame BS rhetoric. I wonder if there might be some guilt, denial and shame attached to their support of someone that gets off on the abuse of a child. Things to ponder...

Whatever judge Adams suffers in life from here on out he earned with the first swing of the belt on a defenseless child.

Try and twist it however you want in defense of that scumbag; it refelects back on YOU !
edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: gotcha

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Thank you for the relay from what local news reported on this. It's always interesting to hear both sides of the story.

The Judge has serious issues and anger management problems...but hearing the actual motivations for his daughter trying to ruin him is interesting as a new side of it. I had wondered why she'd sit on such a thing for years... Apparently it's a tool for her to use against Daddy. The whole family may really benefit from Dr. Phil..or perhaps Jerry Springer would be closer... It takes all kinds, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
someone should beat him like that. to strike your daughter like that for downloading a pirated movie is insane.

a normal parent, if they actually gave a sh-t, would cut the internet for a week, or sit them down and explain why it's wrong and take them to blockbuster.

16 years is to old. i can see justifying that if she was smoking crack or prostituting herself.

and this guy is actually qualified to judge another human being. no wonder texas has the highest execution rate in the entire united states of america.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Taking a belt to a kid like that for downloading music of the internet is not the action of a sane or rational person.

Frankly, what you see on that video is child abuse.

How anyone can condone what they see on that video is beyond me.
edit on 3/11/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

I've no problem at all with corporal punishment and letting parents raise their kids as they see fit.

However .. even I think the actions in the video is simply abuse, nothing less. There was a certain level of ferociousness, regardless of what the offense was, beating a 16 year old like that was beyond over the top. I also, personally think using an "item" like a belt or a switch is absolutely pathetic..

You can also see from the entire episode, her releasing a video to destroy his career that the abuse didn't quite have the effect they wanted (or maybe it did) and she ends up resenting them for it. Can't blame her.
edit on 11/3/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by neformore

Parent-Child Justification.

Look it up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join