It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who beat daughter is denying it was as bad as it seemed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree that he did take it a little to far, but to call this abuse is a little far fetched. He hit the lower clothed half of her body with a belt while telling her not to disobey him. You could hear the anger in her voice because she did specifically what he told her not to do; she then ignored his demands to lay across the bed.She was also over reacting with screaming and only did it when he was in the room. Personally i believe that she disobeyed him on purpose and set up the camera to publicly humiliate him.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by unkown142

I'll ask you directly, as you ignored my question.

Would you be happy for me to do what that guy does to his daughter, to you, if you do something I disagree with?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

If I was you son or daughter then I wouldn't want to be spanked at the time. Nobody likes punishment, but I would have agreed with you later in life on that whooping. But in this case i'm not related to you and i'm not your responsibility nor do i reflect your family values so i would not agree with you doing that to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So, you agree with him doing it to her, but you wouldn't want me to do it to you?

Isn't that ever so slightly hypocritical?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by unkown142
reply to post by whaaa

I agree that he did take it a little to far, but to call this abuse is a little far fetched. purpose and set up the camera

If he beat anyone else like he beat his own child, he would be charged with felony assault and battery. That's not abuse?

Do I perhaps detect a bit of guilt and denial?
edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I must have worded my response wrong because im sure i said that i wouldn't want to spanked at that time but i would have agreed on it later.

in other words(if i were your son) i would have token responsibility for what i did wrong and recived the spanking while agreeing that i did do wrong.

Now if you mean that if I wern't in your familiy and you started to spank me that's a bad example of proving your point. Thats like saying if you say a bad word at work your boss can wash your mouth out with soap, call your parents, make you spend lunch with him/her as a punishment, and keep you after you clock out for 30 mins to an hour so you can think of what you did wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

We're are'nt talking about other people, we are talking about a man disciplineing his child. If he did do that to anyone else then yes he would more then likely get a charge. If an executioner gave anyone else that he is not responsible for a leather injection, would he not be called a murderer?
edit on 3-11-2011 by unkown142 because: quote

edit on 3-11-2011 by unkown142 because: deleted quote

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

My point is this.

Would you be happy for me to meter out that level of physical violence to you if you had done something I believed was wrong?

"Family" is irrelevant here, because this is an assault. No one, at all, has the right to do that to another human being

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Lol, I would take a spanking over going to jail( or juvenile hall for the 16 year old) after being caught red handed stealing your stuff. If unprovoked, it's assault(or abuse), but if a crime is committed a spanking is a mild punishment as it doesn't go on some record.

Maybe the dad should have just sent her to jail, that's better, no? Wouldn't he have the power to call a cop and have her hauled off for stealing music, heck maybe even get the record companys to sue her for property rights damage. Thousands in debt is a great way to start adulthood.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

My point is this.

Would you be happy for me to meter out that level of physical violence to you if you had done something I believed was wrong?

"Family" is irrelevant here, because this is an assault. No one, at all, has the right to do that to another human being

This should be a case by case scenario. It is impossible for me to directly respond to your question without being called a hypocrite. Your setting your question up to prove the wrong point. Have you ever smoked, drank, or went over the speed limit in your life? Odds are that you have. Would you want a teenager to do any of those things? Obviously not. Would you consider yourself a hypocrite?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Srsly who spanks a 16 yr old?

They might get a gun and kill you in your sleep...

or... well... post a video of you doing it on the net.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I haven't been this ready to punch someone who deserved it in awhile.
I don't really care what any of you think about this one, it really gets me.
This guy and his wife need to be forced to publicly speak out about the wrongs they have committed and why people SHOULDN'T do things like this. Seriously. I have limited words, especially about his blatant stupidity on the matter of computers, and ignorant old ways of thinking. stupid, just beyond what you'd expect from a judge and proof there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with EVERYTHING. we need to fire EVERYONE.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unkown142
reply to post by whaaa

I agree that he did take it a little to far, but to call this abuse is a little far fetched. He hit the lower clothed half of her body with a belt while telling her not to disobey him. You could hear the anger in her voice because she did specifically what he told her not to do; she then ignored his demands to lay across the bed.She was also over reacting with screaming and only did it when he was in the room. Personally i believe that she disobeyed him on purpose and set up the camera to publicly humiliate him.

He humiliated her, she humiliated him you'd think the judge would have this kind of foresight.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

He spanked her in the confinement of her room to teach her a lesson to not break the law and not to disobey your parents. She did something much worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Apples and Oranges. If I grew up and had not been spanked, I would have been calling everyone around me foul names would be a thief and probably in jail for it now. back in the day you would spank your child to teach them lessons about life. Believe it or not it is effective. At home your child likes to throw rocks. He breaks a window. you tell him no don't do that. The next day he does it again. and so on cus he knows he can without getting in trouble. Later he breaks a neighbors window. Who pays for the window?.. You do of course your kid your responsibility to teach him better. My house my rules. If you as an adult come to my house I would expect that you wouldn't go around breaking windows. Because you were raised better. If your kid breaks a window he doesn't pay for it you do. Your kid your responsibility.

Is there better ways to raise a child absolutely. And I do not condone beating a child. What this man did was over the top. However if you believe that the girl who was whooped didn't purposely set her father up then that puts you in a deeper hole then he is in. She knew she was in the wrong, Knew she would be spanked and set it all up so she would be spanked just so she could get it on film. Probably because the judge and wife were bleeding heart idiots earlier in the child's life. And tried everything but spanking's. Now the girl is to old for it yet is behaving very badly.

Your question was would you like it if I came beat you because we disagreed. Absolutely not. However If I was sticking a piece of metal in a light socket about to get electrecuted and you hit me for it. I would be alive to thank you later. You all act as though the child was beaten to death. She was a young girl being hit with a belt in the legs and rump. Half the noise made is by the belt slapping into itself.. If there were less bleeding heart parents out there more of today's teenagers wouldn't be so messed up. Do you even know why he told her not to be on the internet? Was he just trying to protect her from sexual predators. Knowing half the story and coming to any conclusion is Bull Sh**.. His child his rules when she turns 18 she is an adult and can go out into the real world. Maybe then she will understand the reason for her lessons.

Therian

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How come being belted 22 times gets to be called 'a spanking' by those who approve of it?

Why did this man want his pubescent daughter to lie across the bed while he repeatedly hit her?

Who believes that they have a right to assault children just because they live in their household?

How odd is the poster who decides the girl wasn't bruised because she hasn't shown her bruises?

There are, as this thread shows, some fine people on ATS. But then there are others, too.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Therian

If I grew up and had not been spanked, I would have been calling everyone around me foul names would be a thief and probably in jail for it now.

None of my three children has ever been spanked, and none of them call everyone around them foul names. None of them are thieves. None of them have ever been in jail.

Your theory is debunked.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Therian

His child his rules when she turns 18 she is an adult and can go out into the real world. Maybe then she will understand the reason for her lessons.

Therian

Try and keep up. This clip is 7 years old and she is now 23 and he beat her on a regular basis. Now she
wants to tell her story. The judge is now in hiding. His life will never be the same. Perhaps now he can get a nice trailer and live his white trash dreams.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 3-11-2011 by whaaa because: r4r

link   
reply to post by Therian

It's all in context. This guy is whipping his child with a belt to teach her a lesson about not using a computer?
let a kid be a kid for one...

you spank your kid for stealing or something serious. so that they never steal again. this is just insane.

link   
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

Did your children grow up in the same situation as he did? Were your children influenced the way he was when he was a child? I didnt think so. I'm not trying to be rude but think your responses through

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join