It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Throw the Bums Out: (OWS has over-stayed their "welcome")

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

But Washington Dems has bought and paid for this Occupation Stunt - This is just a distraction as Obama works his magic (cough cough) while nobody is paying attention

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStreet1

Seriously, now saying we are being bankrolled by The Democratic National Committee? Seriously? Hip hop mogul Russell Simmons offered us an undisclosed amount of money but was rejected! My group recently rejected firmly an endorsement from MoveOn.org!

What about the following do you not understand :

THE OFFICIAL STANCE OF THE #OOCUPYEVERYTHING - OCCUPY TOGETHER - #OCCUPYWALLSTREET MOVEMENTS AND ALL ASSOCIATED MARCHES & OCCUPATIONS THROUGHOUT THE PLANET CURRENTLY :

This group wants absolutely nothing to do with the corrupt 2 party oligarchy as both have been bought and paid by the banks, The Federal Reserve and Wall Street and does not need nor require money from 1%'rs and to say anything otherwise is a major dis service to this group and movement as a whole as we see people like Soros as being apart of the problem and does not endorse millionaires or billionaires. No corporate dollars are welcomed and if one were to attempt to finance this movement it would be rejected and returned with a note saying "No sale!"!

To believe anything else means you are being seriously deceived and tricked and said source should not be trusted or taken seriously and if it does not come from the aforementioned it is not to be taken as the official stance. No General Assembly in any group throughout the planet will amend this ever!

All are welcomed from all faiths, ethnic groups, political persuasions, LBGTI, animal and kid friendly as we will not discriminate, we will be friendly to all. Illicit narcotics (marijuana to meth while all scrips prescribed to a fellow protester are obviously allowed) and liquor (all forms) use are banned and will get someone expelled and turned over to law enforcement. Come as you are! Remember, there is no member of the 1% that is on this website which means we are all The 99%!
edit on 4-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Remember, there is no member of the 1% that is on this website which means we are all The 99%!

I am NOT in the "1%". I am NOT in your "99%". OWS does NOT speak for me. You have been told that, repeatedly, by myself and several others at ATS.

Knowingly repeating a lie over and over and over again will never make it true - ESPECIALLY after you have been told repeatedly and publicly that it is not so.

It only makes it annoying to have to constantly set the record straight. That's not a very good way to win "converts", by consistently annoying them.

Either pack up and go home, or sit and freeze in the Hoovervilles. It really IS time for the rest of us to move on and ignore you, especially in light of your constant repititions of known and called out untruths.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The need to set the record straight on a consistent basis because it obviously has not to sunken in.

Do you think you are that well off financially that you are somehow immune or bulletproof from this mess?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
PEOPLE!

Let's put things in perspective, shall we?

Imagine that instead of OWS we had PETA "occupying Petsmart".

I love animals, we have dogs and bunnies and I've even had cats (though I'm alergic). I love my dog. I agree with PETA that we should love our animal companions.
*YAY*

But I love steak. Hell, my dog and I shared a ribeye the other night. I love bacon and eggs.

The point is, there comes a time and a place where we just have to agree to disagree.

We can all agree that corruption is bad.

But the other stuff? Amnesty on student loans, job guarantees, carbon taxes, elimination of electoral college, bigger government, more government oversight on all business?
C'mon!

Fine. We heard you. We (the 100%) are all aware of the issues.

Now lets run off to our respective camps and figure out a way to fix the problems.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

THE OFFICIAL STANCE OF THE #OOCUPYEVERYTHING - OCCUPY TOGETHER - #OCCUPYWALLSTREET MOVEMENTS AND ALL ASSOCIATED MARCHES & OCCUPATIONS THROUGHOUT THE PLANET CURRENTLY :

Yes...

Numbering in the tens of thousands throughout the planet of 7 Billion people.
They had a huge 10 to 15 thousand [Yawn] turn out just the other day out of 310 Million people in the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Your right. Kick all these low life losers out. How dare they exercise their right to assemble. How DARE they protest against the corruption of Wall Street and our government! How UN-American of them. All those filthy hippies are doing is spreading disease and being stupid.

We should all just go back to watching American Idol and loving our local banks. I mean, it is our American duty to bend over and take it, isn't it? Its out duty to send our sons and daughters to fight in foreign countries that pose ZERO threat to the continental US. It is our duty to give our hard earned money to banks and corporations, because they are "too big to fail".

I'll end my sarcastic rant with this... for all of you bitching about the OWS movement.. get over it. They are there, and they are going to continue to be there. If you don't like it.. too bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If those at OWS want to really rally,they should be out in force in DC. I cant stress this enough. You would have MEDIA coverage,like you never knew. You could close GOVERNMENT down,and send a message to those who write these LAWS. You might even get regular everyday "joes" who think this protest is BS, out there. You just cant protest REPUBLICANS. You have to actually be apolitical,and protest all the corrupt politicians. You have to have REAL demands,that the average public will buy. 10k protesters in one spot means nothing to the rest of America. Asking people to come out and protest means nothing,if your messages are many. You have to have FIRM demands,and not a million of them . Demands that can be enacted,with popular support .Demands that are attainable,not ridiculous. OWS has a very small window to actually make a change. Everyday that goes by,America grows weary of this movement,not to mention the actual chance of this movement being officially hijacked.Thats MHO
edit on 4-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The need to set the record straight on a consistent basis because it obviously has not to sunken in.

So you are going to just keep on misrepresenting us as belonging to your little "club" or "movement", and we will continually have to keep setting the record straight? When will it sink in for you?

Do you think you are that well off financially that you are somehow immune or bulletproof from this mess?

I am not even moderately "well off financially", by the common definition of "well off". The thing is, I could be a lot WORSE off if OWS has their way.

It's a sad thing to watch the Bolsheviks take everything the peasants had, as little as it was, and leave them with even less in the name of "equality".

It's a sad thing to watch the Bolsheviks forcibly "resettle" the peasants to places far from their ancestral homes, because their labor is needed in the mines or the fields - which were taken from other peasants - leaving every one with nothing but slavery and collectivist masters siting in the top 1% that they displaced the former "1%" from.

Do you really think they're going to put you in one of the top slots just because they found you useful during "the revolution"? Think again - there are those "counter-revolutions" you have to survive through, and even that is no guarantee that they're going to put you at the top of some heap.

You're as likely to be at the bottom with the rest of us resettled peons as anyone else, assuming you survive the counter revolutions.

Yeah, I've seen it in action. I saw the misery the Sandinistas visited upon the Miskitos. I saw what was left of their ancestral villages when they refused to move and be herded.

It all started out just like this, with "the rich" being targeted in an effort to motivate the masses against their own best interests, rhetoric claiming that they were "all in it together" i.e. some sort of imaginary "99%", and the street protests escalating into violence, and eventual open warfare.

I've already seen calls from OWSers, right here at ATS, for "re-eduation camps" to get us wrong thinking folks into the proper frame of mind.

Not here, buddy. Not while I still breathe.

edit on 2011/11/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

for all of you bitching about the OWS movement.. get over it. They are there, and they are going to continue to be there. If you don't like it.. too bad.

Yeah.

We are here, too. We are going to continue to be here, meeting you at every turn. if you don't like it... too bad.

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Those calling for placing the non believers into Re Education Camps do not speak for us and would not subject any human being to that, too much like the Jesus Camps or terrorism training facilities.

To the person who suggested FEMA Camps is flat out and dead wrong in that stance. Direct me to them please? I am willing to educate and school them on behalf of you.
edit on 4-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

The post was this one. The specific phrase was "rehabilitation camps" rather than re-education camps, but the sentiment was much the same - to get our "minds right". to get our religion "right" whatever that might mean, and to get our "values" in line with the program.

Now the thread itself was on the subject of how a One World Government would be a grand thing, but the poster is one of the OWS supporters, and has that mindset, as demonstrated by this opening post in another OWS thread opened by them.

There's really no need for you to tighten them up on my behalf. You of all people ought to know that I'm not bashful about making my thoughts known!
and I believe they were sufficiently raked over the coals in regard to that faux pas.

Thanks for the offer, but it's already been handled.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So nice to see all you righties crying for bigger government that does more at a higher cost because well...this is important enough to turn your back on all your values anyway, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

I think I must have been issued a cheap set of eyes at birth, and so couldn't read that post in any way that would make sense of it. Could you elaborate somewhat on your meaning there?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, it is about 1:00 am on Saturday morning.

The clock is ticking... tic tic tic...

Will the cops move in today? I still say yes, in a few hours.

Stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by FallenWun

I think I must have been issued a cheap set of eyes at birth, and so couldn't read that post in any way that would make sense of it. Could you elaborate somewhat on your meaning there?

Glad I wasn't the only one.I read it three times and wasn't sure what they were getting at.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthStreet1
reply to post by anon72

But Washington Dems has bought and paid for this Occupation Stunt - This is just a distraction as Obama works his magic (cough cough) while nobody is paying attention

So much time has passed and so little has changed

Godspeed

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Pretty sure I read over 300k people have moved out of NYC just since March. Moving companies are booked out for months there. Like rats fleeing a sinking boat.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join