It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2001 Theater attack and todays school attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ok I wanted to tell to you people that dont understand anything about this hostage situation. In 2001 Chechen terrorists took the Moscow Theater. And after the fight all terrorists were killed and 120 innocent were dead too.

Russia didnt mess up in that attack on the Theater. They went in to save as much as possible. No other country could have dont a better job. That is because the only choice they had was to attack. You cant nagotioat with terrorists. And Russia is not a country like others that tries to talk terrorists from killing their people. The respond. If you want to see what happens with nigotiations look into Iraq. You cant talk the filthy pigs out of killing those people. They want everything their way and that cant happen so you need to fight them and that takes causlties.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Deos everyone agree with me?

Does everyone understand that we cant negosiate with these assholes?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Russia needs to stop p u s s y footing around Chechnya. I know they sent in dozens of tanks and hundreds of troops with no success. They are trying but they need to pull out and gas it. The Russians need to decide who dies: Russian schoolchildren or Chechen schoolchildren? Besides the Chechen schoolchildren are in terroist schools. Seriously though Russia needs to get rid of the Chechens. Don't listen to those Goddamn hippies. Are the hippies children being held at gunpoint? No. Cmon Putin do you have the balls to do what's right for Russia.

[edit on 9/1/2004 by verfed]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If you follow the Chechen War you will see that Putin has the balls and has done something about it. It is the corupt Yeltsin that had people under him sell the Chechens equipment to fight the Russians. In the Yeltsin times Chechen War was a war of profit. Now Putin has the job of stiopping that.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well what is he going to do? Is he on his last leg as president? If he is then he should do something drastic to end the Chechen terrorism.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Well what is he going to do? Is he on his last leg as president? If he is then he should do something drastic to end the Chechen terrorism.

Stopping corruption is not a one day thing. If you follow the Russian news you would have know that Putin has ordered the arrest of 100 Russian some of the top officers for corruption. Also Putin has cracked down on all corrupt scums.

Putin also launched a large attack on Chechnya and that has helped stop the attacks on Russian soil. Now what Russia needs to do is launch another massive attack on Chechnya and the rebels will run back to Chechnya to defend it. But they are not good enough to defend it against Russian Spetsnaz. As you should have know the war in Chechnya is led by Spetsnaz and other elite troops.

Well the good part of the war in Chechnya is that Russia has a free training field. The new Ka-50 and other helicopters are being tested in Chechnya as terrorists wars are the wars of the future and Russia is leading in adapting to this war.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
HAHA a new training field. I love that.
America needs to find one. Iraq isn't good enough. Anyways It is cool that you understand that constant war keep the military sharp and ready to act. I thoug hI was the only one. Usually people would hear me say that and call me a warmongering son of a bitch.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

America needs to find one. Iraq isn't good enough. Anyways It is cool that you understand that constant war keep the military sharp and ready to act. I thoug hI was the only one. Usually people would hear me say that and call me a warmongering son of a bitch.

Yes I must agree that being at war for long gets you ready for the battle.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Also new wars(Terrorists) teach us the new tricks and styles. British learned that in the USA war for freedom they were doing the wrong thing of just walking towards the enemy in an open field. Now Russia has learned that Cold War machinary has to be moddified to fight the new "hide and hit" war. Or the "Phantom" war.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% Russian on the Theater attack. People that call the event a failure on the parts of the Russians are misinformed on the facts of the incident and just how bleck that situation was. The fact that they were all not killed was amazing.

This theater attack makes me really concerned for these kids in the school now. Using gas this time isnt really a option as those kids are so small a dose to put the terrorist out might kill the kids. Also im sure those Chechen scum in there would blow the place up at the first hint of gas. Since im sure they have learned what happened in the theater and have studied that incident alot.

I would love to see them somehow bluff these terrorist into thinking they had released they guys they want out of jail to get them to let the children go. Then to have Spetnaz shoot each on in the head.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You people will see how countries will change their weapons soon to have them work for the "new" war. Old Cold War "large see the enemy war" is outdated and we need to have new weapons for the new threat.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I agree with you 100% Russian on the Theater attack. People that call the event a failure on the parts of the Russians are misinformed on the facts of the incident and just how bleck that situation was. The fact that they were all not killed was amazing.

This theater attack makes me really concerned for these kids in the school now. Using gas this time isnt really a option as those kids are so small a dose to put the terrorist out might kill the kids. Also im sure those Chechen scum in there would blow the place up at the first hint of gas. Since im sure they have learned what happened in the theater and have studied that incident alot.

I would love to see them somehow bluff these terrorist into thinking they had released they guys they want out of jail to get them to let the children go. Then to have Spetnaz shoot each on in the head.

I got a good Idea!

Stick a remote bomb up every released terrorists ass and when the other terrorists let the kids go just push the button and BOOOM the scums are in hell!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

I got a good Idea!

Stick a remote bomb up every released terrorists ass and when the other terrorists let the kids go just push the button and BOOOM the scums are in hell!

I like
hopefully they cant even take out some of there more scum when they blow up too.

Russian do you think using gas in this school attack is off the table or still might be a option?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Russian

I got a good Idea!

I like
hopefully they cant even take out some of there more scum when they blow up too.

Russian do you think using gas in this school attack is off the table or still might be a option?

Use of gas I dont think is a good choice. But I am not an expert in gasses maybe there is a gas that maight ne useful for this situation. I think suprise attack with a approxiate location of the terrorists is the best chioce. You will take out the majority and will suffer smaller causlties.

But I dont know what Russia has, they might have something better that will work better for this. I just pray to God that the kids can walk out uninjured. Also I wish the make death horrable for these terrorists so the next ones think before they do something like this. We need to go face to face with these people and leave the politics at home!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Storming the school building, with guns blazing, and heads flying, just doesn�t seem to be an intelligent course of action. There�s just too much risk involved, like the trash detonating their bombs. Filling the school with knockout gas doesn�t seem to be an option either.

The Russians should set up thermal-imaging cameras, the ones that see heat through walls. With that they may be able to gather information as to each terrorist�s approximate position.

Then the Russians should sneak in a Special Forces solider for every Chechen scumbag, as quietly as possible, with silenced weapons. While doing this, Russian officials should have the terrorists distracted with negotiations or something similar. Then it�s just a matter of taking out the trash, one by one.

If things go well the terrorists will all be down and out before they have the time to detonate their explosives, and this should solve the situation with limited hostage deaths. Of course, things never go as planned in times like this, so we�ll just have to wait and see what comes out of this.

My heart goes out to the families and the hostages. Let�s just hope this ends with no children dying.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes people forget, or do not know, that the reason for the superiority of the German weapons in the start of WW II was that they already had them tested in the Spanish War.

In this case, I hope that the children do not get killed. In any case, even if the terrorists, or insurgents, as the New York Times called them, get what they want, they are not to get any friends, no one likes to see children used as a hostage.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Russia maintains so big army and they use very little of it and that part does little in there
this should change if Russia wants to be safe

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
Storming the school building, with guns blazing, and heads flying, just doesn�t seem to be an intelligent course of action. There�s just too much risk involved, like the trash detonating their bombs. Filling the school with knockout gas doesn�t seem to be an option either.

The Russians should set up thermal-imaging cameras, the ones that see heat through walls. With that they may be able to gather information as to each terrorist�s approximate position.

Then the Russians should sneak in a Special Forces solider for every Chechen scumbag, as quietly as possible, with silenced weapons. While doing this, Russian officials should have the terrorists distracted with negotiations or something similar. Then it�s just a matter of taking out the trash, one by one.

If things go well the terrorists will all be down and out before they have the time to detonate their explosives, and this should solve the situation with limited hostage deaths.

That's entirely impossible. The terrorists likely move around the building... And have observation points set up. There is no easy way to sneak into the school. They very likely scouted the location well in advance and have blueprints and all.

If thermal imaging did work, though, wouldn't it be possible to "shoot through schools" with some high power weapon and take them out throuw the walls?

TPL

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The original poster says Russia wouldnt negiotiate with the terrorists, well hes been proven wrong.

And P.S. the theatre seige was in 2002.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by TPL]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

That's entirely impossible. The terrorists likely move around the building... And have observation points set up. There is no easy way to sneak into the school. They very likely scouted the location well in advance and have blueprints and all.

If thermal imaging did work, though, wouldn't it be possible to "shoot through schools" with some high power weapon and take them out throuw the walls?

Schools have so many exits and entrances not even counting unconventional entrances like windows and the roof. Schools are design to have many exits in case there is a fire and hundreds of kids have to exit the building.A school would be such a pain in the neck to secure with a small group of men that also have to watch hostages. It would be very hard to secure all possible entrances in a school. Schools are often full of windows another thing you dont want if you are a terrorist since each window can make you a target for a sniper.

Thermal imagers could see through some types of walls even concrete walls if not too thick it really depends on what quality IR you have even with the best out there it will be hard to make out who is a terrorist and who is a hostage. I have never heard of any instance were a hostage taker was shot through a wall thanks to IR images. Even things as weak as glass can change the angle a bullet travels though they have created special bullets to compensate for this effect with glass. I have never heard of a bullet designed just to shoot through walls accurately. Perhaps a powerful enough round could do it do it would be a first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join