It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Oakland: Protestors or Provocateurs getting physical with normal citizens. [Video]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"Rumors circulated in Oakland during the General Strike on November 2nd, 2011 that Whole Foods warned their workers against participating in 'Occupy Oakland' protests threatening to fire them. In response to that protesters spray-painted the word "strike" on Whole Foods building. The company denied all allegations."

Now, these protestors dressed in black seem suspicious. They're so much more confrontational and violent than the rest of the people.. the rest of the protestors seem upset by their actions.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

God damnit.

These fools are either provocateurs or a bunch of idiots.

Really pisses me off.......

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
the protestors dressed in black are government ops, used to undermine the Occupy movement.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yep agent provocateurs

I agree with you, that the "normal" protesters arent taking kindly the vandalism... right near the end that one guy is getting pushed around by a few of the black clothing wearing people...(Probably Black Bloc)

This is a pretty good follow up video, I think this is the same spot? Maybe not...

But I like the guy who walks on camera and speaks up for the real protesters

I love how RT tells it like it is, mentioning that it was a SELECT FEW from the crowd doing it... American media would totally blame it on the group as a whole, if they would even cover it at all...

edit on 2-11-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Yep agent provocateurs

I agree with you, that the "normal" protesters arent taking kindly the vandalism...

Well they are also yelling "Get off of him" and the protestors get the people in black to drop the guy and move away.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They look like every other provocateur at every other protest. Black masks, back packs and Big Black Boots.

Nothing to hide? Show your face.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's painfully obvious, and probably doesn't need to be said, but I'll say it: those guys are there to try and incite some violence and start a riot. Their faces are covered, and they're clearly trying to instigate something, whether that is a fight, some looting, or whatever.

They're either some police/government operatives who are there intentionally causing trouble, or they're just some violent, stupid thugs like lots of the people in the London riots.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I think we should get used to seeing things like that. Retail corporations won't give anyone a day off for #, if they ask for a day off for the protest and are denied, that's pouring gasoline onto a fire. They're probably ex-employees or even current employees.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Absolutely provocateurs. I figured they'd show up sooner or later, though seeing as just about everyone seems to have figured out now what they are (which is most excellent), it's sort of amazing to me that they don't try harder to blend in...duh, nobody else is wearing all black with face masks. Perhaps they should have worn "maroon" instead...

Just like during the London riots last spring--if you see lines of police, and these guys in black flash badges and get across the lines--well, everybody, have yer cameras ready. It's YouTube time!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The guys in black are the anarchists and always masked as instructed by Lisa Fithian. They broke windows at Wells Fargo and then moved on to assault a Whole Foods Grocery Store. WTH. So this is about greedy grocery stores too. What's next a Hallmark Store?

These are the agitators and from what I read they were traveling within the group of "peaceful" protesters/human shields.

Cowards.

Here is video and an article of the assault on Whole Foods.
www.nbcbayarea.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's obviously agent provocateurs using "black bloc" tactics....

en.wikipedia.org...

These creeps are nothing more then state sponsored terrorists used to discredit peaceful protest. You would think by now, the protesters would know who they are... They basically wear a uniform for Pete's sake... A key tactic for any movement in today's world would be to formulate a way to stop this infiltration. Citizen's arrests perhaps? I don't really know...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
the protestors dressed in black are government ops, used to undermine the Occupy movement.

All TEA Party members are racist rednecks.
All OWS members are peaceful and respectful of property.

Or...

/TOA

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There is definitely a real possibility of these people dressed in black to be cops/ hired government guys. They seem to get away with a lot. The other protestors can just look at cop wrong and get arrested, but these guys don't seem to have any worries towards arrest.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I would need clearer videos showing the entire incident to judge who was doing what. Way too much of the video was poorly taken.

Though I did have the 'off the cuff' impression that the 'provocateurs' were too identically dressed to be 'in' (as in a member of the #Occupy_) the same crowd. Also that one looked to be either dressed too heavily or was wearing body armor under his black 'uniform' sweater.

I'm mentally going to file this under a 'likely' provocateur action though.

M.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yeah sure. Normal people do not have the license to buy black clothes
The OWS would never lie, do anything wrong or throw stuff at officers and then go crying on the webs when someone gets hit with a tear gas canister

It's rather pathetic how fast people throw away the motto of the site and start ranting about government black ops etc. without even tiniest tinyest piece of evidence.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Looks like the top 1% of the 99% would be worse than the top 1% we have now. Something I already knew though. And isn't that always the case? squeaky wheel gets the grease, even if (though) they are somewhat unstable.

That was from the lower 99%.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by Malcher because: spell check not working.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think the vets in occupy could step up and block these black bloc provocateurs/ cops/ paid criminals for the corporations.
edit on 3-11-2011 by wayouttheredude because: just changed my mind

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Heres another view of the some of the same events...

The crowd is definitely trying to stop these black thugs

They should citizen arrest these people inciting violence

edit on 3-11-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well they can not say it is *peaceful* protest
anymore, anyone calling the actions of these protesters
peaceful is out of there mind.

Of course all these violent Occupy Oakland protesters
are *paid government provocateurs*

It is getting beyond ridiculous this whole thing
is a huge circus fest with the protesters being
the wild monkeys.

The police obviously had to stop this rampant violence
that the protesters were engaging in. It is clear as day
the protesters are in the wrong here.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Put a hole in a couple of them would be the quickest way to find out who they are. Just saying

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join