It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (BBBSA) Approves Homosexual Mentors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Very funny KKing123.

I wasn't speaking about teenagers. I was speaking about adult, but you know it, so, I don't understand why I reply to your post.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
the article doesn't specify that they were adults though, it just generalizes male and female homo-sexuals, and if you generalize it like that, the figure isn't all that abnormal when compared to straight male/female, you could probably say the same thing about straight males and females, 75 percent of them (im guessing) have at one time had sex with other male/females ages 16-19, they just did it when they were the same ages

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by KKing123]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wording of a question can lead to skewed results, you might ask that site for copies of the form of the question they asked?
A class I'm taking is actually studying that at this very moment, we did a test on the population of the school that tried to word a question to get one result or another. I actually got 89% of the school to say they were completely prejudiced against all non-white minorities. This includes minorities taking the poll.
You can get people to say anything on a poll- statistics like like dogs.

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Icyfenix]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
why i shal have a big sester when i fight with her always she is a crazy girl i hate her i love my little sister more one day she where singsing like the monkey like the crazy girl hahaha hahaha hahaha ha ha ha i hate her i hope she be like thise
and i be like thise
laughing at her and my sister will look like thise
and then my little sister will look after that like thise
and i will be
happy hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Research indicates that a large number of homosexual men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners, Maier said. Some researchers found that 73 percent of the homosexual men they surveyed had engaged in sex with boys aged 16 to 19 or younger, he said.

Many pedophiles consider themselves to be homosexual, he added. A study of 229 convicted child molesters found that 86 percent of offenders who molested boys described themselves as homosexual or bisexual, Maier said.

"Even putting aside the pedophilia issue, the question is, how can a gay man teach a fatherless boy what it means to be a husband and a father? And how can a lesbian woman teach a girl without a mom what it means to be a wife and a mother? They're unable to provide that.

More : www.newsmax.com...

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

Actually, those 'facts' and studies are bull#. Consider the source people. Newsmax is a Right Wing bile stream. Reputable studies show that gays are actually less likely to be molesters of children. More fear and smear from people uncomfortable with their own sexuality.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My brother is gay, and is a pre-school teacher. He is great with the kids, they love him, and his sexuality isn't flaunted (and you wouldn't know it to meet him), or even known to the kids. He's a great teacher though.

However, when you start talking about kids who are (biologically speaking) having hormonal issues and sex drives, a Big Brother or Big Sister type mentor being gay really opens up a whole can of worms, and potential problems...and is a bad idea...

Very well said! My son is a gay male - 20 yrs old and loves babies. But because he is gay he would NOT touch this with a ten foot pole. This is begging for time when you've done nothing.

Please try to remember - being gay does not make you any more into kids than being straight. No connection there.

He is in his last yr of school and is already employed as a 10th grade History teacher. When he graduates he intends to maintain his same job while getting his Masters and PhD. Then he will teach at a college level. My point is - he always wanted to teach K-6 but out of fear of ignorance - he will not put himself into a position such as that.

A kid can say anything plus - too many wacko parents = prison with clean hands.

ALL it takes is an accusation. Its then up to YOU to prove otherwise. Bad news!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join