It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (BBBSA) Approves Homosexual Mentors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Research indicates that a large number of homosexual men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners, Maier said. Some researchers found that 73 percent of the homosexual men they surveyed had engaged in sex with boys aged 16 to 19 or younger, he said.

Many pedophiles consider themselves to be homosexual, he added. A study of 229 convicted child molesters found that 86 percent of offenders who molested boys described themselves as homosexual or bisexual, Maier said.

"Even putting aside the pedophilia issue, the question is, how can a gay man teach a fatherless boy what it means to be a husband and a father? And how can a lesbian woman teach a girl without a mom what it means to be a wife and a mother? They're unable to provide that.

More : www.newsmax.com...

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My brother is gay, and is a pre-school teacher. He is great with the kids, they love him, and his sexuality isn't flaunted (and you wouldn't know it to meet him), or even known to the kids. He's a great teacher though.

However, when you start talking about kids who are (biologically speaking) having hormonal issues and sex drives, a Big Brother or Big Sister type mentor being gay really opens up a whole can of worms, and potential problems...and is a bad idea...

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am sure I will get flamed by the right wingers on the board for saying this but research suggests that the majority pedophiles are NOT homosexual. Pedophile sex is like rape, it is not about the sex, it is about the power over a weaker person. I know plenty of gay people and they have sex for the same reason heteros do.. because it feels good and expresses your feelings for another person, not because of a power issue.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

1) but research suggests that the majority pedophiles are NOT homosexual.

2) I know plenty of gay people and they have sex for the same reason heteros do.. because it feels good and expresses your feelings for another person, not because of a power issue.

1) Research indicates that a large number of homosexual men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners, Maier said. Some researchers found that 73 percent of the homosexual men they surveyed had engaged in sex with boys aged 16 to 19 or younger, he said.

Many pedophiles consider themselves to be homosexual, he added. A study of 229 convicted child molesters found that 86 percent of offenders who molested boys described themselves as homosexual or bisexual, Maier said.

2) Nobody has sayed the opposite.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You're a bunch of fools. In a hundred years people will look back and laugh at people like you.
The Ignorance is stunningly surreal.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
ADAM AND EVE not ADAM AND STEVE......ok?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Adam and Steve....

Why do so many people think that if you reduce something to a short semi-rhyming sound bite it gives it more credence? I don't know....

Gays are our 21st century ''n-word's.' Just the next section of humanity to go through this slander, bias and restrictions of rights and liberties. The fact is, it'll pass. It will. Just as racism is and will continue to do. The more people are educated the more these kind of things are reviled and shunned. Those stats are absolute bull#. I bet none of you even know a gay person. You didn't even mention wither all those gays who shagged 16 to 19 years where in fact, (get this) 16 to 19 years old at the time. And I bet the 'survey' (cleverly disguised as narrow-minded right wing propaganda) doesn't say either. There has been much research into gay relationships in the U.K, and new rights and legislations for gays have been hotly debated here for the last few years, and it's going well. Look's like the U.S is a little behind in it's development of this area. The only thing you need to know is that eventually gays will be able to do anything you can, and have exactly the same rights to marriage, life, freedoms and liberties as we do. That's the way it should be. That's the way it's going to be. Get used to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Adam and Steve....

The only thing you need to know is that eventually gays will be able to do anything you can, and have exactly the same rights to marriage, life, freedoms and liberties as we do. That's the way it should be. That's the way it's going to be. Get used to it.

I don't think so. I will never get used to it, then that will make it acceptable. If you are gay, that is your decision. people will detest it so you get used to it. No one here is bashing you. all I said was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. You got here because of man and woman no?

Leviticus 18
22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
LOL

I am not gay. Is it so hard for you to fathom somebody sticking up for a minority when they are not a member of it?

I'm sorry, but the hatred of gays will fade, just as history shows us how these things go, just as the way some of our grandfathers detested blacks and the idea of separate toilets and drinking fountains etc now seems abhorrent.
It's simple evolution of the collective human psyche.
It's why we don't burn witches any more.
If you want to be left behind that's up to you.

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   

LOL

I am not gay. Is it so hard for you to fathom somebody sticking up for a minority when they are not a member of it?

I'm sorry, but the hatred of gays will fade,

If you want to be left behind that's up to you.

You can defend anyone you want.

Hatred never end Kegs....
Never.

Are the Jews hate free? The Moslems? The whites by blacks? Blacks by whites? What about the Christians? Persecuted since the time of King Herod.

Living in denial sucks huh?

anyway this is not the thread to do this......Peace K

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I hear what your saying.
I said fade, not cease. It will reach a 'tolerable' level.
But I hear what your saying, just as I hope you hear me.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have nothing against gays. As I mentioned, my dear brother is, and it doesn't change a thing. Likewise, several mutual friends are likewise gay, lesbian, etc.

The issue here is different though. There shouldn't be any attraction or chance of impropriety where Big Brothers of Big Sisters are involved. To put the proper spin on this, it's like assigning a young boy a Big Sister. Is she going to be into doing the things he wants to do and be a proper mentor for him? Or, is the young boy going to harbor fantasies of being her boyfirend.... The problem here, is that mentees tend to idolize and mimick mentors. If the child grows up to be gay, thats one thing, thats his or her choice. But, if mentored into such behavior, then there is a problem there....and that is what should be prevented.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The only thing you need to know is that eventually gays will be able to do anything you can, and have exactly the same rights to marriage, life, freedoms and liberties as we do. That's the way it should be. That's the way it's going to be. Get used to it.

Bravo! Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You're a bunch of fools. In a hundred years people will look back and laugh at people like you.
The Ignorance is stunningly surreal.

Fool yourself !

And if I don't want that MY daughter meet any homo, it's MY problem since she's MY daughter and NOT your daughter. Do what your want with your own kids but don't tell me what can I do or not with MY kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've your own way of life and I've mine. I don't tell you what you can do or what you can't do !

You think that kids are safe with homo ? Good, it's YOUR opinion. Me, I think that they are NOT safe !

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
it's always the people sitting on the sidelines that want tell people that can't do something. are any of you that oppose gay mentors ready to go out and fill spots? i know from experience there are more children in need of mentoring than there are mentors. i don't think sexuality has a thing to do with whether or not a person can help bring sunshine into the life of a needy child.

though i don't agree with kegs about homosexuals being the new "'n-word'"...i am glad to see barries come down for any people who are being discriminated against for any reason. specially something as imature as this.

UP: I'm sure your daughter isn't even a canidate for Big Brothers/Big Sisters--she's lucky, some aren't so bless as to have a father and/or mother. i'm sure the kids that need that special attention could careless about the sexuality of the person taking them to the library or to a movie or out to the zoo once a week.

homosexuality isn't a learned behavior. it is what it is. it happens in all species of animals on this planet. in the end gays aren't hurting anyone by being gay. even if you believe that bible quote...they are only damning themselves and the Christ Yeshua/Jesus himself said judge not less ye be judged. In other words mind yo own damn business or else someone gone come peekin they nose in your affairs as well.

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Saphronia]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

UP: I'm sure your daughter isn't even a canidate for Big Brothers/Big Sisters--she's lucky, some aren't so bless as to have a father and/or mother. i'm sure the kids that need that special attention could careless about the sexuality of the person taking them to the library or to a movie or out to the zoo once a week.

Yes I know, and I ahree with you Saphronia.

I'm not " anti " or " pro " gay. I'm just worry for the kids. Nothing wrong to be worry for them. But when you read that " Research indicates that a large number of homosexual men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners, Maier said. Some researchers found that 73 percent of the homosexual men they surveyed had engaged in sex with boys aged 16 to 19 or younger, he said. ", you HAVE to be worry for the kids.

I don't think that all the gays are paedophiles, but I'll not be the one who'll take this risk.If a child is rapped by one of his gay mentor, the whole gay community will be in troubles, and a child will have his life ruined FOR EVER !

We have to take care of the childs.
We don't have to put them in danger !

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

homosexuality isn't a learned behavior. it is what it is. it happens in all species of animals on this planet.
[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Saphronia]

hehe, once, i was watching that animal psychic show. The psychic lady told the dogs owner that he was unhappy because he was actually gay. it was quite amusing to hear the animal psychic say this hehehe =)

I have nothing against gay people. They are just like anyone else. I believe he is just trying to say that there is a potential danger here because someone that isnt actually gay, but says they are, may come into the program just for the purpose of sexually abusing young children

*but*

a straight male/female can also be a pedophile wanting to do the same thing..

so really, there is no difference in having a gay/straight big brother/sister. The risk was always there and a gay person doesnt make that risk any bigger than it was before.

And also, I really doubt that a gay person would purposely instill his ideas about being gay into the mind of a younger child. They may be proud of their own choices, but that doesent mean that they think its they way that child would necessarily feel, so why would they?

also, these kids are looking for anyone to spend time with. Im sure they will be just fine if they arent doing things that arent manly enough hah. they just want the attention that an older sibling brings. My brother grew up playing with barbie dolls and playing dressup in an all female family and is he gay? no. so your theory has been disproved =)

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirrorsparadise

so really, there is no difference in having a gay/straight big brother/sister. The risk was always there and a gay person doesnt make that risk any bigger than it was before.

Yep, sure.....But I don't think that 73% of straight peoples had engaged sex with boys/girls aged 16 to 19 or younger.

" Some researchers found that 73 percent of the homosexual men they surveyed had engaged in sex with boys aged 16 to 19 or younger "

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by mirrorsparadise

Yep, sure.....But I don't think that 73% of straight peoples had engaged sex with boys/girls aged 16 to 19 or younger.

" Some researchers found that 73 percent of the homosexual men they surveyed had engaged in sex with boys aged 16 to 19 or younger "

But this poses another question, which was brought up by someone earlier in this thread..

How do you know that these results were not manipulated? This 73% of homosexual men that they surveyed may have all been 16-19 years old themselves. If they were not, then they should have worded that survey differently.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i'm a straight male and i've had sex with females 15-17 years old, does that make me a pedophile? no that makes me 16-18 when i did it (i'm still 18)

i'm sure most of the straight guys/girls in here have had sex with males/females in that age range, they were just on or very near that same age range when it happened

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join