It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain doesn't know that China has nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
GOP Presidential candidate Herman Cain unaware China has nukes

JUDY WOODRUFF: Do you view China as a potential military threat to the United States?

HERMAN CAIN: I do view China as a potential military threat to the United States... we already have superiority in terms of our military capability, and I plan to get away from making cutting our defense a priority and make investing in our military capability a priority, going back to my statement: peace through strength and clarity. So yes they're a military threat. They've indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat.

Faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil.

Maybe he mixed up... but come on, mixing up China with North Korea or Iran is unforgivable for a president, this is pretty basic stuff.

And now some more of his idiocy but on the economy this time...

China has a $6 trillion economy and they're growing at approximately 10 percent. We have a $14 trillion economy -- much bigger -- but we're growing at an anemic 1.5, 1.6 percent. When we get our economy growing back at the rate of 5 or 6 percent that it has the ability to do, we will outgrow China.

According to Cain, getting America back on track to a growth rate of 5 to 6 percent will somehow allow the United States to overtake China growing at 10 percent.

Brilliant.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I never once had the idea in my head that I would vote for this guy. I don't know how he has so many supporters because anytime i hear him speak he sounds like my old World Histroy teacher -- Like he's reading something from a book and trying to paraphrase it and change a couple of words.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

They've indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability

I heared, russia do it also

edit on 2.11.2011 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't support this goof ball, but I believe he meant (although badly worded) they [China] are developing nuclear capability in reference to naval power, not weapons.

Basic reading comprehension here folks....
edit on 2-11-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Why is that surprising? He doesn't claim to be anything but a big mouth liar. He has no experience in government. Everytime we get an unknown it because a living nighmare. Jimmy Carter, Obama for instance. He apparently is a slick talker but there is no way to cover ignorance forever. Does he have that many supporters? I haven't seen that many except for MSM. They haven't been able to get anyone in the running so they keep bouncing to the next one hoping someone will stick. Apparently the NWO bunch are so corrupt and stupid they can't find anybody.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All of his supporters obviously show the amount of uneducated, or people that actually pay attention in our country. People need to be better informed.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is a beautiful thing! Perry is already out (See his weird speech) , Romney Will never win the south and people are starting to bring up the Mormon thing. The skeletons are startin to come out of the closet for Cain which leaves my man Ron Paul to fill the void. Wishful thinking? probably

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwe9112
All of his supporters obviously show the amount of uneducated, or people that actually pay attention in our country. People need to be better informed.

I don't support this goof ball, but I believe he meant (although badly worded) they [China] are developing nuclear capability in reference to naval power, not weapons.

Basic reading comprehension here folks....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

He's just a puppet. They probably told him to say that. We can't offend them or we won't have anymore cheap junk to buy.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They may be growing. But who do they rely on for their growth?
The USA of course.
I don't see how they can sustain that growth if we don't do well.
Or the rest of the world for that matter.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The United States has been developing nuclear capability since the 40s. Capability also refers to delivery systems (medium and long range ICBM, MIRV) and advanced warhead designs (H bomb, tactical nukes). You'd have to be dumb to read it any other way.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I never once had the idea in my head that I would vote for this guy. I don't know how he has so many supporters because anytime i hear him speak he sounds like my old World Histroy teacher -- Like he's reading something from a book and trying to paraphrase it and change a couple of words.

Cain actually doesn't know much about anything, he is open about not knowing anything except that when he becomes president, he'll appoint the right people for the right jobs.

I don't know how he has so many supporters either, his popularity actually jumped after the sexual harassment scandals, even after a third girl supposedly wants to come out and talk about it and she isn't held back by confidentiality agreements.

Cain was a former federal reserve chairman, that is ALL we need to know whether he should be president or not.
edit on 2-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
This is a beautiful thing! Perry is already out (See his weird speech) , Romney Will never win the south and people are starting to bring up the Mormon thing. The skeletons are startin to come out of the closet for Cain which leaves my man Ron Paul to fill the void. Wishful thinking? probably

Sorry but Huntsman or Gingrich will fill that void long before Paul. There are plenty of puppets to go around.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
IT's not the fact he didn't know they didn't have Nuclear Weapons...

IT's he didn't know they had Nuclear Technology.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No worries.

Herman Cain will issue a statement in around 3 days stating he was mistaken or confused when being asked that question.

This guy gets hit with blunders every other day and STILL people are supposedly going to vote for him?

top topics

join