It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did we start "Vetting" Black Presidential Candidates ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see a fundamental lack of fairness.

I see that Herman Cain is being attacked for a sexual harassment lawsuit.

He should immediately get a pass on this.

I guess I do not understand the rules. I thought the rule was you could not ask any questions of a black presidential candidate. There is a "Standard" in place. You may not even ask the most basic questions until "said" candidate has been in office over a year and a half. Here are a few questions you may not ask our future President.

#1) Are you a Citizen of the United States of America? (considered rude and uncaring).

#2) Are your close relatives living in this Country legally? (how dare you).

#3) Is there anything in your history that qualifies you to be President? (obviously bigoted).

Now Herman Cain has to explain how high his hand was 15 years later?

I will tell you exactly how high his hand was.......It was 9-9-9

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Political warfare equals...

A double standard.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Sarah Palin and Rick Perry are black...?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Palin's "white" but she was born outside a small fishing village in New Zealand!!!!"Ay you betcha'"

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Your first mistake was assuming fairness had any place in politics! I still swear by the Douglas Adams quote "To summarize: it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."

I don't give a crap what color someone is, if they are trying to be president I automatically distrust them! Yes I know, very cynical of me.. I can't imagine actually wanting that job, well not that anyone wants a 36 yr old female red head as president. LMAO

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Speaking for myself I can't help but notice, when the media digs up dirt on someone I like, I hate it, when it's someone I dislike I love it.
They do it to both sides, and I'm sick of being manipulated.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We would NEVER allow anyone who has been accused of sexual misconduct to be president!!!

Oh, wait a minute...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great question.

But, I'm afraid that they started a bit too late....

In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I thought the rule was you could not ask any questions of a black presidential candidate.

Well, there's your first mistake. I don't know where you got that idea because in fact, for the past 3 years, people HAVE been those questions about Obama. Where did you get the idea that we aren't permitted to ask questions of a candidate, black or white?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There's a reason that Journalism is a LIBERAL arts degree.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I thought the rule was you could not ask any questions of a black presidential candidate.

Well, there's your first mistake. I don't know where you got that idea because in fact, for the past 3 years, people HAVE been those questions about Obama. Where did you get the idea that we aren't permitted to ask questions of a candidate, black or white?

People have been asking those questions.

But the problem is that the Main Stream Media hasn't done so.

Obama seems to be their guy.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You made my point for me.

Obama got a pass from the MSM the first time around.

In fairness, shouldn't Mr. Cain be extended the same courtesy?

My point is...Is a little consistency from the MSM too much to ask for?

Also, five years ago, nobody ask Obama how high he held his hand.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
People have been asking those questions.

But the problem is that the Main Stream Media hasn't done so.

FOX News isn't mainstream media??? Have you heard of Glenn Beck? Sean Hannity? CNN isn't mainstream media? What's wrong with you people? I saw stuff about Obama's birth certificate and him 'being a Muslim' on EVERY MSM channel. What are you guys drinking? Where's your memory?

Obama got a pass from the MSM the first time around.

You can SAY he got a pass all you want but it's CLEARLY a fantasy. Obama is the most scrutinized and criticized president I've seen for a while.

Also, five years ago, nobody ask Obama how high he held his hand.

[I understand why some people get so frustrated they break the T&C... BUT...) *deep breath* That's because no women have accused Obama of sexual harassment.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We can agree to disagree.

If you think President Obama was fully vetted by the MSM.

Clearly we have different MSM sources.

I do respect you opinion and thank you for your reply.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well, let's get specific, then. Please, prove your point. Which MSM sources did you see that didn't probe into Obama's life and vet him to the public? The unfair ones who are now probing into these allegations about Cain. Which ones are they?

Show us the unfairness.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Double standard? Nope, Clinton's shenanigans came out BEFORE he was elected. Didn't hurt his campaign.

Racial predjudice is when they say they can NOT vet a person based on race.

Looks like every other mud-slingin' campaign to me.

It's nothing new, and certainly not restricted to black candidates.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well, let's get specific, then. Please, prove your point. Which MSM sources did you see that didn't probe into Obama's life and vet him to the public? The unfair ones who are now probing into these allegations about Cain. Which ones are they?

Show us the unfairness.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...I could go on.

The numbers of positive vs. negative stories is not even close.

I will come back with the numbers. I have to pick up my kid.

Not trying to dodge your question...I really got to go.

*Note to other poster....Bill Clinton was not black...Just Saying.

"I'll Be Back"...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

*Note to other poster....Bill Clinton was not black...Just Saying.

"I'll Be Back"...

THAT was my point. Nobody said, "Hey, you can't vet him because he's a white guy."

One rule for all, regardless of race.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...I could go on.

ALL of those networks covered the stories on Obama's birth country, his religion, his smoking, his associations, his friends and family, his mortgage information, etc. You are dreaming and I'm done with this ridiculous thread. To make some kind of connection between Obama and Cain just because they're black shows me where you're coming from.

Later...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
...if they are trying to be president I automatically distrust them!

First of all, THIS!

You can SAY he got a pass all you want but it's CLEARLY a fantasy. Obama is the most scrutinized and criticized president I've seen for a while.

And secondly, this.

From the title I actually thought this thread was going to be crying racism about how screwed up the MSM has been to BOTH the negro candidate Cain and the colored president Obama. Upon opening the thread I see it's actually partisan nonsense. Obama had a bit of a time on his hands just like Cain...

Actually, I don't really know much about the Cain story because I haven't had cable or internet until just now since the storm. So what'd he do? Grab some boob-meat? Fondle an ass? Tell a woman to get on her knees if she values her job?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join