It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did we start "Vetting" Black Presidential Candidates ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
America is an equal opportunity "vetter".
I see no double standard. As much as I disliked Obama policies, I often winced that the crap that was thrown against the wall by the so called fair media...Fox and AM radio talkers. Which is also main stream media, like it or not. Or do people not remember "Barack the magic Negro", Birthers, that faked smoking photo, among other things.

Obama is STILL being vetted, and his first, and hopefully last term is almost over.
Thing is, his promised policies are not the same as his actual policies. Just like a typical corporate owned President.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by beezzer

You do realize that the attacks on Cain are coming from his GOP rivals, right?

You also realize no one (right or left) is questioning Mr. Cains citizenship, his college transcripts, his religion, or even whether he is a human or reptilian, right?
edit on 3-11-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

ha! And the double standard continues, if it were GOP rivals, then they just treated him as an opponent to smear and beat.

Obama? That guy got a pass since he was a wee tyke in Ken-. . . Massa-. . . . Hawa-. . . . er, where ever he's from.

But if it was from Rahm Emanuel, like some are saying, then it's dirty tricks and double-standards. Courtesey of the DNC.

Speaking of doubles. . . . scotch time!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
America is an equal opportunity "vetter".
I see no double standard. As much as I disliked Obama policies, I often winced that the crap that was thrown against the wall by the so called fair media...Fox and AM radio talkers. Which is also main stream media, like it or not. Or do people not remember "Barack the magic Negro", Birthers, that faked smoking photo, among other things.

Obama is STILL being vetted, and his first, and hopefully last term is almost over.
Thing is, his promised policies are not the same as his actual policies. Just like a typical corporate owned President.

I agree with every word of that as well.

My point is, The vetting was after President Obama got elected.

At least that is my memory. I want my candidates vetted.

I really like Herman Cain...I hope he's not a pervert.

The reason I like him is he has never been in elected office.

I will not vote for anyone who has ever held elected office.

My personal feelings kind of limit my choices.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I was getting to appreciate him a bit in the beginning. Out of the group, he may have been my second choice.
After Ron Paul. But, if he can't stand up to scrutiny like this. Even if the allegations are completely false.
What would he do in a real emergency, as President. I mean who ok'd that bizarre Ad with the smoking guy, and that freaky slow motion grin at the end. Those were bad decisions.
Frankly, I believe that there is some merit to the accusations...But perhaps some, because of lack of detail, may be inflated. It's going to have to play out, and I'll be watching.

As a Paul supporter, I'm used to schlock being thrown at my guy. The stupid nicknames (I'm a Paulite, or Paulbot). And other slanderous things. Then there is the whole invisibility issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join