It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militiamen 'Booked' in Bio-Toxin Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Militiamen 'Booked' in Bio-Toxin Plot

www.foxnews.com

An alleged plot to attack federal and state officials by suspected members of a fringe north Georgia militia group was inspired by an online anti-government novel, authorities said.

Court documents state that 73-year-old Frederick Thomas, a suspected member of the group, told others that he intended to model their actions on the online novel "Absolved," which involves small groups of citizens attacking U.S. officials.

The four suspected members, who federal authorities arrested Tuesday, were expected to appear in court Wednesday.

They were part of a group that also tried to obtain a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Seems a little suspicious considering their age and no prior problems with the law. I did notice someone else put this article up a little bit ago and it was 404'd? Any ideas why? Hope it doesn't happen again because this is a legit story and I personally feel might turn out to be something special if you know what Ii mean. Can't wait for more info to come out on this, because there has to be more to this story than meets the eye. Oh I see what happened another user already posted in same forum using different story title. Mods feel free to do as necessary with this one.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-11-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

The details aren't to clear, but it looks like another alphabet agency setting up some poor saps to take the fall and be part of the next bogeyman.

They are really kicking this whole "homegrown terrorist" fad into overdrive lately.

What's next...grannies plotting to take down the Federal Reserve

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just read the novel. There are posts around here much longer.

There isn't any federal building offensive, or ricin, or any terror. It's about an old cancer ridden vet defending his home from federal thugs.

That's all. No wonder they're scared.

Here you go.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Thanks for posting that up just read through it myself. Excellent read, excellent point made by yourself.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Once again it's going to be left to our elders to take care of the younger generation. Perhaps it's because they have nothing to lose?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Please add any further comments to the existing thread in this forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed

Thread reopened and moved to Social Issues....

Sorry for the interruption folks!

MM

edit on 2-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And after reading I still don't understand how it could be considered a novel? Perhaps a short story.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And throughout my life time I have been told by many older generation folks that if they knew they were dying or had a terminal illness that they would right as many wrongs as they could before moving on. Even if it involved taking the law into their own hands. Which I can sympathize with.

top topics

join