It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Online novel played role in Ga. militia plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Feds: Online novel played role in Ga. militia plot

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) ATLANTA — A suspected member of a fringe north Georgia militia group intended to use the plot of an online novel as a model for plans to attack U.S. federal law officers and others, authorities said.

Court documents state that 73-year-old Frederick Thomas told others that he intended to model their actions on the online novel "Absolved," which involves small groups of citizens attacking U.S. officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, here we go. According to the wives, two of them were not anti government. But it does serve to show us just how much they fear us rising up against them. If these guys actually did what they are accused of doing, then it also goes to show just how disgruntled our senior population is with out government. I expect to see more of this rising up over the next year or so.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The book was apparently authored by a Fox News contributer. Now if that doesnt seem contrived and manufactured I don't know what does.

authored by Fox News expert Mike Vanderboegh

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
the state preparing everyone for the soon to be book burnings and internet restrictions to silence dissent and prevent unrest...

Reaching at straws keep the public scared while the state strips away what little freedom remains and tightening the clampdown..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I'm tired of these gun-nutters planning and plotting terrorist attacks. Of course I'm referring to the USA Army attacking Libya and other places that have never bothered them.

Militias are very mellow, upstanding, and respectable. Their organisations sit around with firearms and seem to use them wisely for defense only. The USA government military seem to be killer maniacs going around shooting people and blowing people things using those huge bombs they won't let you have even though you'd use them more responsibly than the government.

The USA military is guilty of the crime of having ricin and WMDs. Guilty as hell. Where is their prison time for those very real charges. And we know for a fact they've killed US citizens on purpose... they've admitted as much.

So far just about every single one of these "domestic terrorist" cases has only existed because an FBI agent actually told them to do these things, lead them into it, and coaxed them into it. I'd be surprised if this was any different. The FBI is the organisation plotting all the terrorist attacks and the US Army is the only one I've seen executing them outside of a select few incredibly rare cases. The 1993 WTC bombing was done with the help of the FBI (as documented by the US court system), as have just about every terrorist attack plot on US soil except for the gas station killer.

You're odds of getting killed by a cop in the USA seem much higher than getting killed by a terrorist. Just because the BART killer cop and the wood carver killer cop were caught on camera doesn't mean many times that many were actually not captured on camera.

The USA military is 10,000 to 1 times the criminal bad guy using guns and bombs. For every 10,000 times the government uses a gun or bomb with the intent to kill, you'll find maybe 1 non-government guy with a gun or bomb who's going to actually use it. And of course the vast majority of those cases are the government-created war on drugs. Take away that violence and the ratio goes higher than 10,000 to 1.

So I just have a scathing laugh when the crazy gun nuts in governement try to tell me to watch out for those dangerous militia groups. Hah, ummmm... no... look in the mirror.
edit on 2-11-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
In the article...they just throw this comment out there with no evidence: A suspected member of a fringe north Georgia militia group intended to use the plot of an online novel as a model for plans to attack U.S. federal law officers and others. I need proof!!! Evidence! Not hersay. I read alot of hersay. If it's true then they have to have it on tape and or video and I want to see and hear for myself.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The book was apparently authored by a Fox News contributer. Now if that doesnt seem contrived and manufactured I don't know what does.

For what it is worth, the first result I noted on this name is here : tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Not sure of the source or even the information..... I suppose only the media knows... since this is their show 'business.'

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
An insurrection by senior citizens. That's a chin scratcher.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

For what it is worth, the first result I noted on this name is here : tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Not sure of the source or even the information..... I suppose only the media knows... since this is their show 'business.'

BTW: Apparently, the Kansas City Regional Terrorism Early Warning Group issued a report directly referencing this novel in the same light as the "Turner Diaries." (xcrforum.com...)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Interesting differences btw Absolved and the Turner Diaries..Here's the main difference. Pierce was trying to start a war, I'm trying to prevent one. See quote below...

(MBV: Bastards. "Very similar"? Yeah, except the whole race war terrorism thing where the Nazis win in the end and fantasize about hanging "race traitors" like me. Yeah, all except for that. Here's the main difference. Pierce was trying to start a war, I'm trying to prevent one.)

KCTEW Analyst Note: The stories told by Vanderboegh show that many in the U.S. harbor a belief that the U.S. government is planning, or will plan, a confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens. The degree to which he glorifies the killing of law enforcement personnel involved in fictional gun raids also shows the extent many will go to spread their ideology. Vanderboegh's and other works of literature have the possibility to inspire those with extremist beliefs to carry out similar attacks depicted in the writings.

It should be noted that possession of, reading of, or espousing support for extremist forms of literature does not solely indicate an intention to conduct a terrorist act, nor is membership in the "Three Percenters" or similar organizations a sole indication of terrorist activity.

The KCTEW Analyst Note: is believable that many in the U.S. harbor a belief that the U.S. government is planning, or will plan, a confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens.

And the possession of, reading of, or espousing support for extremist forms of literature does not solely indicate an intention to conduct a terrorist act.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I just read the novel. There are posts around here much longer.

There isn't any federal building taking, or ricin, or any terror. It's about an old cancer ridden vet defending his home from federal thugs.

That's all. No wonder they're scared.

Here you go.
edit on 2-11-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
I just read the novel. There are posts around here much longer.

There isn't any federal building taking, or ricin, or any terror. It's about an old cancer ridden vet defending his home from federal thugs.

That's all. No wonder they're scared.

Here you go.
edit on 2-11-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

thanks for link to story..very well written can see why the state not happy with it. Going to try to figure out how to copy/paste from mobile to save it as suspect its going to end up removed by big brother..along with many more before things are done..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
After reading the story that "inspired" the seniors I am not buying into the story that they got ideas of bio-terrorism from it. But if it were ever made into a movie I nominate either Clint Eastwood to play the main role or if he were still alive Lee Marvin. Preferably Lee.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Thank you for the story link. That was a great read. (Somebody called this a novel???)

They can take our lives but our passion for freeedom will pass to those who remain.
edit on 2-11-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I'm not buying into any of their stories. Those days are long gone.

Dismantle the entire system. When the FBI thinks they're doing their job by setting guys like this up, the cost-benefit analysis doesn't add up anymore.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the novel, preferably pdf. Thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Mike Vanderboegh authors the"sipsey street irregulars" blog and (ceated?)the patriot "3%'r movement".

He has been active in the "militia" movement, not surprised he authored the fictional "absolved".Got nothing to do with only fox news.
sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com...
editby]edit on 2-11-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
was going to post this story ealier but noticed someone else had and the thread was thrashed. no idea why.

its a strange story but if it is true it demonstrates how unstable the US is becoming.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This whole thing sounds weird to me- like,am I the only one that is thinking that it sounds more like a bunch of fed up angry old men talking and blown out of proportion?

My dad is 74 and let me tell you the old men that he knows are all mad, but they send these crazy emails around that make ATS look mainstream sane.

I have to read more about it but it sounds weird to me.

My dad's been harassed a lot because he owns a box van. He just likes to sell at flea markets. He was always a community minded businessman that got a lot of respect from LEO. I guess everyone that remembers how he helped them during an arrest that went wrong has retired now.

One time he got pulled over and the cop even asked him if he had explosives in it and how he felt about America. He thinks the world has gone insane. He just wants to know what happened to America.
edit on 2-11-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Seriously Folks it won't be long before we see a Second American Civil War from the militias

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join