It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction regarding Occupy London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This isn't one of the "I channeled spirits" predictions - it's a prediction based off of analysis.

I believe that when London authorities move in to evict those occupying London at St. Pauls Cathedral, all hell will break loose. I believe this because in the past I haven't seen non violent revolt remain non violent too much in Europe. There's always a serious escalation. London just got out of a serious riot situation. I understand that Occupy London has many supporters in London. I support them as well, though I'm not in London. But I feel that the supporters, and the occupiers, will fight back. Police in London don't seem to be very peaceful either.

I was present when police moved in on Occupy Atlanta, and though that went peacefully, we all saw what happened in Oakland. I believe that move by London police will be the tipping point, and I also believe that if something pops off between police and citizens in London again, it has the potential to spur more and more escalations. I support the essence of the movement, especially the non violent aspect of it. But I honestly fear that Londons occupation, and its local supporters, will forget that fact, and take it to the sky.

Anybody in London have a better assessment?
edit on 2-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I know London has a history of violent protests, but in my opinion you are giving this movement more support than it has in reality. I live in Phoenix and here it is almost nonexistent. There is rarely anything about it on the local news, the last time I saw video of it there were maybe 10 people protesting in Phoenix.

I saw videos of the riot in Oakland, no real surprise there, but I think any riots in the U.S. will be quickly put down by police exactly like it was in Oakland. Most people are sick and tired of these protesters, any riots will only hurt the movement. If you look at mainstream news like CNN, ABC, NBC, etc. the vast majority of the public who are not involved with the protests have negative things to say about the protesters.

I know a lot of people on this site will disagree, but really check out some other more mainstream news sites and you will see what I am talking about. Personally I am neutral on the protest, in the past I have posted some negative comments but I think these people are just wasting their time, things may change but not because of OWS.

I predict by the end of the year this protest will be a memory.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
I know London has a history of violent protests, but in my opinion you are giving this movement more support than it has in reality. I live in Phoenix and here it is almost nonexistent. There is rarely anything about it on the local news, the last time I saw video of it there were maybe 10 people protesting in Phoenix.

I saw videos of the riot in Oakland, no real surprise there, but I think any riots in the U.S. will be quickly put down by police exactly like it was in Oakland. Most people are sick and tired of these protesters, any riots will only hurt the movement. If you look at mainstream news like CNN, ABC, NBC, etc. the vast majority of the public who are not involved with the protests have negative things to say about the protesters.

I know a lot of people on this site will disagree, but really check out some other more mainstream news sites and you will see what I am talking about. Personally I am neutral on the protest, in the past I have posted some negative comments but I think these people are just wasting their time, things may change but not because of OWS.

I predict by the end of the year this protest will be a memory.

As I stated, I support, and participate in Occupy Atlanta, and I listen and interact. People in Atlanta are pushing us to continue. Of course there are haters, and of course they're the loudest. And not every city's occupation will have the same support. The comments section on MSM is the worst place to go to find public opinion because MSM stories are always slanted. Where do you think the "hippie" label came from? There's like 5 people here in Atlanta who call themselves hippies. On the flip-side, when you move AWAY from MSM, you find a lot of supporters. Time mag poll says that 53% of America supports the occupations btw. Not that it matters because I was talking about supporters of Occupy London, locally.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Have lived quite happily in London uk, for 66 years now. May I first say, London Police are the best Police force in the world. They are trusted, and to a maximum supported by the Majority of UK Citizens. Sure they have a ready to call , fully trained, close to SAS armed unit. Yet thankfully armed Police are indeed a rarity, something I have never - thank God seen.

So a salute to our Police Officers. St.Pauls Cathedral, a beautiful artistic feature, often said to have been Built by C. Wren... Truth is he designed such, took a host of skilled Stone Masons to actually build such and yet people prefer to forget them....Why?

If St.Pauls clergymen truly support the Bible, they would no doubt have noted how Jesus kicked Money lenders out of places of worship. So I hope the Church of England do not become Hypocrites.

Those with the tents ???????

They should think about why they are their, ok so a similar protest in Egypt was said to have succeeded. Can anyone explain now what the Egyptian protestors got out of such?????? They can't, because they again back in the infamous square and again protesting.

I doubt if the UK protestors - outside St. Pauls, will become violent. However the UK does have a bunch of Stupid, Ignorant Loonies who understand only one thing and that is Violence ........... So lets hope they are kept at bay.

By the way, the church of England, did lose $40 million in some usa land owners deal, and several years back they did lose £880,000 on the stock market...... So its all becoming a mind boggling incident is it not???

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well, of course it's going to end in violence. OWS are violent scum out looking for trouble.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sceptredisle
Well, of course it's going to end in violence. OWS are violent scum out looking for trouble.

you're still around?!?!?

geez man get a life..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

My assessment comes from the police shooting "inspired" riots a few months back. Could those same kids come use this as an excuse somehow? Take an opportunity to try to exact revenge on police? I saw a small bit of that happen here when our occupation got moved out.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The is one thing i know about the people of England is that if it does kick off it will be massive and it would not just be Occupy protesters but every other group with a agenda fighting togeather.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-11-2011 by judus because: added more info

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

City of London Police or the Metropolitan Police Authority?

Both Forces in London have been open to corruption for years, and bribes. So please do not praise them up so high thank you very much. May I also remind you those protests in London not so long ago, were sparked off by those so called armed units firing on an individual who was carrying a gun, then proceeded to try and cover up the fact that the individual did not fire any bullets out of that gun.

So to paint the Police in London as Angels is misleading and disrespectful to those, who have died innocently at the hands of the Police.

As for the tents. If they are being violent or anything then yes, remove them from the site. If they are however being peaceful, and as far as I have seen from video footage, on the Mainstream media and elsewhere, they have abided by the instructions from those at St Paul's, with regards to Health and Safety and other issues.

The Church, has a decision to make, either back the The financial co -operate companies or stand on the Morales of their religion.

The Archbishop of Canterbury has backed calls for a new tax on financial trading - dubbed a "Robin Hood" tax.

Writing in the Financial Times, Dr Rowan Williams said the levy would be one way of advancing the "moral agenda" of the protesters outside St Paul's.

BBC NEWS

The results of this has not only split the Church of England, it has now shown cracks between the Church of England and other christian groups also.

Since the London Authority and those in charge off St Paul's have suspended proceedings against the force able movement of the protestors, One does not see any violence occurring for now.

What is the Tobin tax?

Tax on global financial transactions

Named after Nobel Prize-winning economist James Tobin, who proposed the idea

Intended to discourage destabilising market speculation while raising large revenues

Pushed by former prime minister Gordon Brown in response to the financial crisis but currently opposed by
the coalition government

Recently proposed by the European Commission, with the suggestion revenue could be used to tackle the financial crisis.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sceptredisle

Good statement, I agree.

You know when I voice my opinion to the supporters of OWS they show their true colors. You can't have an intelligent conversation with these people because intelligence is seriously lacking within the movement. They are a bunch of losers who can't find a decent job so they want everything handed to them.....sorry folks that isn't how it works in the real world.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

Maybe those loser's as you call them would still have their jobs if it was not for the Bankers and the financial lenders squandering billions of pounds on dodgy investments, and buying bad debt.

And maybe half of those loser's who are students would not be in debt, if they had not been forced to take out loans to pay for their tuition fee's, and that is having a part-time job on top of them attending college.

Before you say oh the same old story, blame the bankers. Well they got us all into this situation, while the rest of us suffer, they continue to pay themselves bonuses.

As well as withholding on to money which bailed them out by the taxpayers. Which was intended to help out businesses to restart the economy. There is the criminals in all of this.

And you state you cannot have a intelligent conversation with OW's Protestors, the exact same thing could be said with regards to some members in ATS, who have been warned with regards to their personal attacks on other members who support the OW's.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

No, how it actually works in the real world is if you keep making life more and more difficult, for those at the bottom, to make ends meet, they eventually decide that there is no point because no matter how hard they work things get harder or it’s even worse and they can’t even find work. That’s when they come knocking on the door of those that get paid far too much for playing with a few numbers on a screen. If u boil the occupy movement down that is all it’s about and the worse the world economy gets the more those numbers grow until they decide to take it by force. I prefer it didn't get to that but i can't see it going any other way.
edit on 2/11/11 by LanceonW because: spelling

top topics

join