It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soda a silent killer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi i was reading several articles where the doctors warn parents to not give their young kids soda...especially during puberty ages most sodas (soft drink not baking soda) contain un-natural ingredients and HFCS which in studies has shown it contains mercury vapors and/or other less lethal metallic substances..a new study may reveal why there is so much teen violence (1 part out of 10 reasons) Soda is a soft kill which means it takes years to do damage.

Freedom fighter Alex jones lays down the details (if this was posted before then i apologize because i missed it)
yes the video is a little old

parents blame video games..i dont think that is the case at all

edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not surprising really. Just a thought, have you ever seen coke go off? Not once have I. Also have you seen what coke does to coins soaked in it overnight? I don't think you could get better responses from acids.
I stopped drinking all kinds of soft drinks about three years ago, and found I slept better and was able to focus more after a few months off them. Now I just drink rainwater from my own tank, and have found feeling better for it. Let's face it, if the govt wants to control us or cause dissention or fear, what better way than with our food and drink, lets face it it's not something we can do without..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yep. I'm currently fighting the 'removal of fluoride' battle with my state. Among other battles with Commonwealth government agencies.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I disagree with HFCS, in fact I authored a thread on my old account about it.

But, i think sodas are perfectly fine, as long as they are diet, and preferably, Zevia, which is a diet soda sweetened with stevia. If you dont know what that is, look it up.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
I disagree with HFCS, in fact I authored a thread on my old account about it.

But, i think sodas are perfectly fine, as long as they are diet, and preferably, Zevia, which is a diet soda sweetened with stevia. If you dont know what that is, look it up.

I agree with the concept.

Feeding children (pre-teens etc) soft drink, is not a wise idea. When i was growing up kids drinking soft drinks was unheard of, we drank juice, we are talking the 100% natural jobbies (not the concentrate dealy), and litres of the stuff.

When or if its my time to have children, the first thing i'm going to have to do is throw out the soft drinks & the occasional energy drinks i consume.

I say for adults, everything in moderation!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

doctors are advising users to discontinue use and you are telling me its okay? give me evidence that soda and HFCS is okay

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Good, that is the best way to start a great family

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire

doctors are advising users to discontinue use and you are telling me its okay? give me evidence that soda and HFCS is okay

O.O I said HFCS was bad, if you actually CARED TO READ IT.
And although carbonated water might be bad, so is everything these days. How often do doctors say "Dont do this because you have a 0.00002% more chance of getting _____" yeah, they are right, but it really isn't hurting anyone. Also, the entire post was more about diet soda and marketing stevia... god.. read beyond the first sentence please.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
AJ is right about one thing, that the pollution is being purposely put into our food and drink in order to harm us.

It's everywhere now, it's pervasive.

You cannot possibly escape it.

You can only hope to do one thing, avoid as much as you can, and give your body the nutrition it needs to rebuild and fight off these contaminants.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes i agree... and those sheeple in the cities say that vitamins are not scientific..hah as if junk food and flu shots are scientific

my mom forces me to take a flu shot...(its posted on bill boards that you should take flu shots now)

i know whats in there no way in hell am i taking it

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Soda isn't "ok" because it has destroyed my teeth. The only real biological problem I have, teeth issues.

I drank Pepsi for about 10-15 years straight daily. I would go months without even a drink of water, or anything other than soda.

My teeth are quite damaged from this.

I do not have any other problems. I didn't die, because it's 98% water.

It wore them down a bit and so they are now extremely sensitive and soft.

That's the truth right there, from one of the biggest pepsi addicts in history to you folks here at ATS.

I regret drinking soda like this, I really do.
It's very embarrassing.

But I will admit it to you people so that you may not end up like me.
edit on 1-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Soda isn't "ok" because it has destroyed my teeth. The only real biological problem I have, teeth issues.

I drank Pepsi for about 10-15 years straight daily. I would go months without even a drink of water, or anything other than soda.

My teeth are quite damaged from this.

I do not have any other problems. I didn't die, because it's 98% water.

It wore them down a bit and so they are now extremely sensitive and soft.

That's the truth right there, from one of the biggest pepsi addicts in history to you folks here at ATS.

I regret drinking soda like this, I really do.
It's very embarrassing.

But I will admit it to you people so that you may not end up like me.
edit on 1-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

If you went months without drinking somthing other than soda, you need to see an addiction counsler.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

yes i heard about some people having problems with their teeth because of most sodas or carbonated drinks...
soda is not mostly water it is made up of 50% water....the rest you can read on the back

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

yes i would agree...sorry i read your post wrong
edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh and if I ran out of Pepsi for like 2-3 days, I would go into mad withdrawals.

I would vomit uncontrollably until I got Pepsi again.

The minute I drank Pepsi I was fine.

This has happened a dozen + times.

It's actually physically addictive and the withdrawals are a nightmare.

link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

Yeah... Junk food and flu shots are.

Junk food has chemicals in it which have basis in science to make food taste better and preserve longer.

Flu shots are perfectly safe and are also based in science to allow your body to make antibodies to fight off infection. By not getting one you are only hurting yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

New studies done by independent labs reveal high traces of manipulated microbials and mercury (genetically engineered)

junk food is very bad but your brain requires sugar.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire

yes i heard about some people having problems with their teeth because of most sodas or carbonated drinks...
soda is not mostly water it is made up of 50% water....the rest you can read on the back

No it's 96% to 98% water.

I have spent the last decade fighting a losing battle with soda and I have done my research.

You can even do chemical analysis and it should in theory show you these results.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

Yeah... Junk food and flu shots are.

Junk food has chemicals in it which have basis in science to make food taste better and preserve longer.

Flu shots are perfectly safe and are also based in science to allow your body to make antibodies to fight off infection. By not getting one you are only hurting yourself.

Wow totally incorrect scientifically.

Not getting a flu shot doesn't hurt anyone. How the hell is that possible?

You are spreading complete fabrications here.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join