It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TUNE IT OUT! Protests/GFC/Fukushima/Obama/BP/Riots - All Linked?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wish to propose something to the ATS Community.

But first, think of all the major disasters/problems we've had over the last six months (although it could go back to Y2K really), every single one of them have seemed to generate/manifest one thing all over all others.

ANGER

Think of big picture stuff here, the over-ruling emoitional remnant of these events. In no order:

GFC - Apart from much nervousness and paranoia, people have become angry and prepared to act against the banks.

Riots - Egypt, Libya, Greece, London, etc - Speaks for itself. Whether you support these movements or not, either way the chances are the situation made you angry.

Protests - The Occuy Movement, once again whether in support or not, created many arguements and much anger. Whether it be directed towards police or protestors, it was significant.

Obama - From day one this guy was being set-up to fail. They got almost the whole USA celebrating his election - then it seems to have gone all downhill from there. People feel they cannot hold faith in the Office. He promised so much and hasn't really delivered.

BP Oil Spill - Again, speaks for itself. The death, the irresponibility, and the ongoing fallout all leads to some very angry people. And rightfully so.

Japan/Fukushima - One of the biggies. The fact that Japan has been protrayed as 'sick killers' in recent years due to the whale/dolphin killing incidents only added to the outcry when their government failed to act acordingly when the Fukushima Plant blew its reactors and was left to leak radiation in the air and ocean. There is so much anger from this event it is palpable. And the problems are ongoing - with radiation STILL leaking.

Qantas grounded in Australia - Being Australian i can say definitively that this whole event stunk. But not what you'd think. For those unaware, Australia's largest airline, Qantas, grounded all operations leaving people stranded overseas and causing other problems - including financial ones. The media covered the life outta this story, even given rolling coverage on some stations. It was all 'outrage' this and 'stranded' that. "Angry passenegers" were everywhere and everyone got on-board.

We could add more to include the Israel situation and others but the message is clear, and this is where i can explain where i'm going a bit better.

We are being manipulated through the news media and global events to focus all our spare energy on hatred, anger, resentment and negativity in general.

If you refer to theories like The Law Of Attraction, it is stated that those feelings, thoughts and emotions you hold onto and focus most of your enegry on will manifest themselves more readily. It goes down the line of quantum physics and the fact that all time exists in a single moment, not in the linear nature we experience it in. So therefore everything you have, am or will experience has already happened/is happening. So areas of focus manifest more than areas of non focus.

So keep in mind we are being 'coerced' to manifest negative outcomes/realities.

And now turn your attention toward the whole 2012 phenomena.

Whether you believe or not, there are many theories which state that from 11-11-11 to 21-12-2012 our solar system/Earth will encounter a 'pocket' of high frequency energy in space and that this 'pocket' will influence and change things on Earth - possibly a trigger for the 'golden age' many refer to.

Key is that in walks of belief and spiritualism based around this principle it is said that our destiny lies in our own hands, and that the actual outcome is up to us. If we focus on the positive and live from the heart we WILL create a golden age, but if we focus on the negative, then that future will await us also.

So the clincher here is simple - if we keep focusing on the negative, either in our personal lives or through the news media, we will manifest a negative future, full of our greatest fears and worries.

We must TUNE IT OUT and focus on the positive.

edit on 1-11-2011 by srsen because: .

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What I propose is a concerted effort by anyone interested to chose to 'Tune It Out'.

Of course, we must stay informed and aware, so I do not suggest ignoring everything you see, on the contrary actually. We should stay vigilant and informed and shold endevour to seek the truth and not the media-portrayed version of events, as these are often slanted to the negative - or just blantatly ignoring the truth completely.

Research, learn and make an educated opinion that is your own.

The majority of times when this is done, the world makes a bit more sense and fears are allayed. of course, sadly, many times things really are bad, and during these times we should try to dwell on other emotions. Get out there and help if you can, send love and healing to those effected, think positively of the best possible outcome and focus on that, instead of fearing the worst.

These little changes, if adopted by a majority, would do more for the world than all the Occupy movements combined. Just imagine the difference for one second - something to consider i think.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So when tyrants destroy the lives of millions, I shouldn't be angry? I should just ignore it and be happy?

I disagree.

Sounds like the same excuse the ostrich tells itself when it sticks it's head in the sand.

Natural Humans get angry when injustice is everywhere.

I find a lot more wrong with people who aren't angry when they are treated like garbage.

Anger is a gift. It protects you from being taken advantage of. In the least, it will help you rectify situations by causing you to act towards resolving them.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The tyrants running the show want you to tune it out.
They want you to 'not be angry anymore'.

This gives them better opportunity to trample even more liberties, steal even more resources, bomb even more nations, pollute even more, etc.

I can't imagine a single actual real world benefit of tuning it out.

I am afraid you may be under false impressions of social dynamics and human nature.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm not angry.
You can do whatever you want to me.
I am free no matter what.
I might bite back if you bite me thou.

Be the change you wanna see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I would have to agree that anger would be neccessary for the change that is needed, without anger one cannot want to change away from the anger(if that makes sense) Also we are gonna need some angry people to fight back if and when the time comes... I am more sorrowful myself than angry but hey, we are humans and have emotions that can't even be put into words. Nice post I know what you are getting at but still anger is as neccessary as love and understanding.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I understand and agree with everything you say actually.

Yeah, whether millions dying or just one, of course we should feel something - no doubt. What I just think would be more affective would be to use that anger in a positive manner.

Direct the anger and turn it into something better.

There's two options as i see it in the majority:

1) We sit at home on our computers or watching TV and we see an event unfold. We feel angry, very angry. We hold onto the anger and post about it online. We have arguements with people who dont share our anger. We spread/feed the negative energy.

1) We sit at home on our computers or watching TV and we see an event unfold. We feel angry, very angry. We realise the anger is not productive to the bigger picture so we use that anger for the positive. We post online about it and we spread the actual truth, not the media BS. We open people's eyes. Instead of arguments with people, we discuss things openly and respect other's views. If still angry, go do something you love - music, friends, family, movies, sports, whatever - create that positive energy and focus on that, sending some to the event which made you so angry in the first place. We spread/feed the positive energy.

It's the litle things is all. It's partly changing habits and partly making intentional efforts to find a happier place and work with that good energy instead. For me, it feels better than staying in the negative space. Though i'll admit, sometimes things are overwhelming - Fukushima and BP still make me so mad. But i try to balance my emotions regarding these and send as much love as anger

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick
I'm not angry.
You can do whatever you want to me.
I am free no matter what.
I might bite back if you bite me thou.

Be the change you wanna see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

We are evolving is all. Sapiens need all of the above so that we can evolve.

Sad but true!
WIsh in one hand and poop in the other and see what fills up faster!

The NEWS is the aliens entertainment....
edit on 1-11-2011 by PitchBlack777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The tyrants running the show want you to tune it out.
They want you to 'not be angry anymore'.

This gives them better opportunity to trample even more liberties, steal even more resources, bomb even more nations, pollute even more, etc.

I can't imagine a single actual real world benefit of tuning it out.

I am afraid you may be under false impressions of social dynamics and human nature.

Perhaps - its one possibility, but i see it this way.

They wantus to be as emotionally tied to these events as possible because they know how much easier to feed negativity than positivity. Most people through care and compassion for those invovled will feel angry that they cannot help or put a stop to it. I feel that too of course. But if we STAY angry then we are creating a negative energy across our whole planet.

As a whole, that is the last thing we want. We want our outrage to generate positive efforts. Anger is just an energy - we may not to be able to get rid of it but we CAN change its form. Use it to send positivity instead.

Dont ignore their actions, just tune out the negative long-term emotional connections and change the channel to the positive.

edit on 1-11-2011 by srsen because: -

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishman1985
I would have to agree that anger would be neccessary for the change that is needed, without anger one cannot want to change away from the anger(if that makes sense) Also we are gonna need some angry people to fight back if and when the time comes... I am more sorrowful myself than angry but hey, we are humans and have emotions that can't even be put into words. Nice post I know what you are getting at but still anger is as neccessary as love and understanding.

Wel there's gotta be balance for sure. but why can't we USE the negative emotions as fuel for the positive.

I gotta angree with a couple of posts, we are human, we do and must experience all emotions. And all emotions are equally valid and necessary. I honestly feel though that those statements refer more to the short-term than the long-term.

In the long-term if we hold onto the negative, as we often tend to, then that is the overall outcome - negativity. If we instead, after initial reactions and the like, we decide to shift that focus to "hey we've dwelled for too long, time to change it up and take the issue on from a positive space, thinking positive thoughts and allowing only positive outcomes" our approach and thinking would change and who knows what else we could possibley influence for the better?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

Good post, thank you for elaborating on the topic deeper.

This is turning into a great discussion, I appreciate your willingness to explain your points in depth and to consider both extremes of the equation.

Thank you for replying in such a well composed manner, I can't really disagree much with you about transmuting anger into something beneficial and useful.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Remember when you were a child? Did things concern you that bad then? He who is like a child shall reach heaven/nirvana. "They" have it all planned out...On how we are to evolve....get over it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I did tune it all out for at least a couple years after getting out of the military. The problem I realized is that one will still be pushed into any greener pastures the herd wishes to set off for. I'd love to tune everything out, but everything will effect me to some degree. I don't want change, just because someone says it's a better. I've found the more someone tries to convince you it's a good thing, the more you will probably get screwed in the deal.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

While I agree with you in theory, I disagree in actual practice.

I used to get angry about everything, thats what got me into conspiracies, but then one day,
I caught myself criticizing someone for having road rage, not thinking about how I am just as guilty,
It is these little concious, things we catch ourselves doing that can really make us change, or at least that is what I have found.
That and a beer when you get home from work isn't a bad idea either.

Life is too short to be angry, I have found that instead of just raging,
Shut your mouth and find a solution.
If a solution is not applicable- shut your mouth.
Nothing is worse than regretting those blind words of rage.
edit on 1-11-2011 by tribaltrip because: EDIT: This doesn't mean, don't protest- I'm talking about anger in general.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There is truth to what you say The collective mindset or thought form of humanity definitely plays a big part of manifesting our future. Energy follows thought. However there is also the principle of order out of chaos. Sometimes the old forms have to be torn down to make way for the new forms. Still we should not feed the negative mindset. However that does not mean we ignore problems. But we try and deal wit them constructively as best we can.

I think the over all glaring lack of violence from the protesters is a good sign that though people are taking action they are trying to do it as harmless as possible,

Seek the peace within that surpasses all understanding and you can be at peace though the storms rage all around you. Follow the highest you know.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

What you're saying is great in theory, and I've tried it. But I don't think it works in this "dimension". We ignored everything in the eighties and nineties... look what happened. Still, a very positive message

edit on 1-11-2011 by smileypants because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

While I agree with you in theory, I disagree in actual practice.

I used to get angry about everything, thats what got me into conspiracies, but then one day,
I caught myself criticizing someone for having road rage, not thinking about how I am just as guilty,
It is these little concious, things we catch ourselves doing that can really make us change, or at least that is what I have found.
That and a beer when you get home from work isn't a bad idea either.

Life is too short to be angry, I have found that instead of just raging,
Shut your mouth and find a solution.
If a solution is not applicable- shut your mouth.
Nothing is worse than regretting those blind words of rage.
edit on 1-11-2011 by tribaltrip because: EDIT: This doesn't mean, don't protest- I'm talking about anger in general.

Well said
This is the perfect approach to life and all of it's problems. We can take it all in stride and still work to change things. Very inspiring words, muzzleflash.

edit on 1-11-2011 by smileypants because: spelling errors

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smileypants

LOL! Things will take a nose dive untill we eccept the number of the beast. lol

edit on 1-11-2011 by PitchBlack777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
There is truth to what you say The collective mindset or thought form of humanity definitely plays a big part of manifesting our future. Energy follows thought. However there is also the principle of order out of chaos. Sometimes the old forms have to be torn down to make way for the new forms. Still we should not feed the negative mindset. However that does not mean we ignore problems. But we try and deal wit them constructively as best we can.

I think the over all glaring lack of violence from the protesters is a good sign that though people are taking action they are trying to do it as harmless as possible,

Seek the peace within that surpasses all understanding and you can be at peace though the storms rage all around you. Follow the highest you know.

Well said mate

I think there is validity in the need for old regimes to be broguht down in order for new ones to come into being, for sure. I guess there are a couple ways to go about it, each with pros and cons. My viewpoint is admittedly more pie-in-the-sky than most, but i feel if we don't make an effort then we don't even give ourselves a choice.

I think the most effective technique would be to generate truth and understanding regarding a given situation and to achieve these goals through peaceful, loving, positive actions. If we begun to think more outside the box and create NEW ways of tackling certain problems and spreading awareness then we would surely be bound to suceed.

I think the Occupy movement for example could be done differently, with new ideas, that would change its course for better and most likely achieve the same goals it seeks at the moment. hence old regime still taking down

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by srsen

Good post, thank you for elaborating on the topic deeper.

This is turning into a great discussion, I appreciate your willingness to explain your points in depth and to consider both extremes of the equation.

Thank you for replying in such a well composed manner, I can't really disagree much with you about transmuting anger into something beneficial and useful.

Thanks dude, my pleasure
Yeah i much prefer these kinds of convos to the more aggressive variety lol, they got old a while back

I've always thought that balanced is the best apporach. Things can seem full-on sometimes, its human nature, but considering all viewpoints and outcomes helps further understanding. In everything in life, to me at least, its about not forcing yourself to feel this or that, but instead just using logic, intuition, respect, etc to find that balance.
edit on 1-11-2011 by srsen because: -

top topics

<<   2 >>

join