It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I personally dont know if she actually has cerebal palsy, so point taken.

Cerebal palsy or not, im still going to take the same stand.

A 7 minute video of a father and mother beating and tormenting their daughter is cruel and despicable.

Especially for just using the internet...you know like we are right now.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Getting beat will not make you a better person like standing in a garage makes you a car. Beating don't work!

That's pretty funny.

However consider the reality.

Our government beats people who don't comply.
We go and bomb nations that don't comply.
TV shows the good guys beating the bad guys all the time.

Everything in society reinforces violence.

So are you surprised that's how things are?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

So now your argument is, society made him this way?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

And do we have any evidence of any of this or are we just assuming everything for the sake of expediency?

huh? he says it at the start of the video

and she didn't, it was a game (her being a 16 year old girl, perhaps a facebook game?)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Did anyone else see the little one that had to be removed from the room prior. I pray for her and I'm not even religious, just the thought he could be doing the same to her as me totally out of control. Have we been updated on the whereabouts of this coward??

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

So now your argument is, society made him this way?

No my argument is that people's priorities are backwards.

We are debating a guy hitting his kid with a belt back in 2004, while we are bombing all these nations to bits as we speak, we are polluting the environment directly harming everyone's kids health, etc.

And this is the top story.

Guy beats kid with belt in 2004.

That's my argument.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have to agree, having been the victim of a parent myself many times, of someone so unable to control their own anger that i would be beaten repeatedly for things that are so inconsequential like failing to fold clothes properly (aged 8) my brother was 6, of a parent who has hit me with a shillelagh because it was handy, from a parent who has thrown knives at me because they were handy victimised with belts, buckles, thrown shoes, canes, plastic rods, whips.
No child deserves any kind of "Abuse" from a parent and after witnessing it for myself, i know it when i see a parent getting off on it, he did.

You do not have a right to defend any kind of an attack on a child, you have the right to keep your counsel while everyone else derides them, because, in the wash when it all comes out that maybe it was abusive, you don't look like such a monster.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
How can you look at a 7min video and tell she has this condition?

I would say I disagree she looks fine to me.

What are the visible indicators of that again?

Depends how severely affected she is, some disabilities and illness's arent seen by the average person due to the lack of visible signs.

Not hatin' jus sayin'

OT: If this was just for using the internet, how far would he go if she actually did something terrible. Also we can only see this 7mins do we know what happened before or after?
Punishment is fine, however I think when the punisher is fueled by anger it becomes another story. The judge went too far in my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If this has happened before and as suggested, the need to tape it using a camcorder ( page 2 i think) - this, which happened in 2004 was the girl making a tape to get back at her father, in a spiteful way.

1) The girl knew it was coming because she willfully disobeyed an order from her parent, knowing he would spank her.

He was set up.

2) the girl deserved a spanking because she was willfully disobedient.

Was he a tad harsh? Perhaps, but only in this messed up Politically Correct world. Many of us have had way worse spankings with worse than belts and no harm done because this was not abuse. This is not child abuse. This is a hard spanking. One that was deserved even if he was a tad harsh.

This whole PC notion that you cannot spank your child is what is ruining America. There are kids out in the streets killing people and doing drugs because their parents didn't believe in spankings.

Like cops in England who don't carry guns, " Stop thief.. or.. er.. I'll say Stop again!" See, it doesn't work.

Parent: " I cannot believe my child turned out to be a serial killer" Interviewer: " Well did you discipline your child?": Parent: Oh heavens no, we could never spank our kids, that's so wrong..."

How many of us thought twice before doing something because we remembered the spanking we got the time before?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

So we went from, its nobodys business what people do behind closed doors govt should not be involved to my grandparents got it bad too from there we went to we should care whats going on all around the world? So do you want us to care or want us not to care?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
Did anyone else see the little one that had to be removed from the room prior. I pray for her and I'm not even religious, just the thought he could be doing the same to her as me totally out of control. Have we been updated on the whereabouts of this coward??

I am praying for the kids starving in Africa or India.

I am praying for kids who are being killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Uganda.

I am praying for the kids who are drinking and eating highly polluted low quality food just to survive.

I am sorry but this kid in the video is the least of my worries. It's way over-blown.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Unfortunately it has made the news today, if it had made news in 2004 maybe it would have got traction, who knows, and actually im glad its appeared on a slow news day when it could get traction, even though the statute of limitations is up.
Im glad that the people dont have limitations on their ability to remember acts of aggression on a disabled youngster in someones care.
edit on 2-11-2011 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

so why are you here debating it??

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

So we went from, its nobodys business what people do behind closed doors govt should not be involved to my grandparents got it bad too from there we went to we should care whats going on all around the world? So do you want us to care or want us not to care?

It's fine to care, just make it proportional to the need.

I just felt that the way this is being turned into the crime of the century it's a bit exaggerated.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Crime of the century?

We are trusting this guy to give fair rulings in the court of law.

He abused his daughter and from the video description his wife also.

Would you want to be judged by a child abuser.

Cheers
edit on 2-11-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It doesn't matter really. Its not your business what people do to their kids. None. They created them, it's their call.

You may have just phrased this poorly, because noone can be so ignorant. It definately IS the business of society to protect the kids from abuse and harm. Even coming from their parents, too. Children are not property, they are human beings with human rights.

Now, we can argue whether the video in OPs post is abuse (I dont think such spanking should be illegal).

link   

Originally posted by Nobama

so why are you here debating it??

I don't know, the thread is active and it's a boring night.
Why else would I be here debating it?

May I ask what are you doing here? I assume your bored too?

link   

Crime of the century? I cant even find a credible news outlet reporting on this. Most people on this thread agree that this is horrible. You kept finding reasons to say it wasnt. Empathy starts in your own back yard, if we dont care about her, why the hell would we care about some kid in another nation? I dont honestly believe that this was your intent for making the comments you did on this thread. You realized you were losing and shifted gears. But anyway, im all for being aware of our nations impact on the world. So we agree there.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
You know what bothers me more than the physical violence? The way he talks to her. He lost control of himself. He's swearing. He's acting like a sick sadist who gets off on hurting women and children. Swaggering little man, the power of being some local judge gone to his head. A parent that loses control is not disciplining a child properly and cannot fall back on that excuse.

Sometimes guys are just *looking* for any excuse to take out their ambient rage on family members. They punish their children for stuff that goes on at work, or for other failings or insecurities...the poor kids have no idea why they are being punished. Its sick, sick, sick. Or maybe he regrets the life decisions that led him to be a family man and now like a little infantile child having a tantrum himself, he "blames" his unwanted kid. I've seen it before...ugly, tiresome, common little story.

You know what else makes me mad? The mother. The daughter claims "she acted that way cause she was abused and frightened too" but I don't buy it. This is probably some sick idea the mother has implanted in her still-not-all-that-old daughter's head. Its a nice easy way for the mom to avoid any legal or moral difficulties. But in reality she was getting off on the punishment too, she was using it as an excuse to let her own depraved, piggish side hang out. And now she wants to scamper behind some excuse too. No way that should be allowed, the mother needs to be called out too. A mother's first duty is to protect her kids no matter what she's undergoing, and if the mother can't leave some abusive psycho because "she's traumatized too" that just doesn't cut it. Listen to the mom in the vid, shes not traumitized, she bears blame.

Sickness, all.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
if you were a well respected, powerful and upstanding member of society and then the world is shown what you do at home what would your next move be. i can imagine how this story is going to end.

he is a judge. now you are the judge and you are judging him.

they are many stories like this surfacing recently. horrfying stories that get people so mad and fill people with rage. i can't help feeling this is some sort of agenda in operation here.

its like someone is trying to condition society. the overwhelming feelings that are been brought forward are ANGER/RAGE followed by REVENGE.

just a few weeks ago we had an old man lynched and murdered which was beamed around the world.

i do not condone what i am seeing in this video.

i just can't help feeling there is massive manipulation being orchestrated at the moment.

we are a species that can tell lies. we are a species that hides things from each other.why have we this ability. where is this going. how many homes around the world are crimes being carried out right now.
what if tomorrow morning everybody woke up and knew everything. knew everybody elses secrets. knew the whole truth about there brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers/sons/daughters/friends/relations.

what would happen.

would rage and revenge take over??? would we finally have the zombie apocalypse where everybody is so mad and full of rage we all start killing each other.

what if someone had that power to reval all the secrets? to pull back the screen and reveal everything.

every shock new video being put into the public domain is racheting up the shock and rage to a new level.

ask yourself, where is this going? this is one tiny incident. what happens when this is all that youtube is filled with?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join