It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Them Eat Cake: 10 Examples Of How The Elite Are Savagely Mocking The Poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If nothing else, this article does show a marked contrast between the thinking of the upper and lower caste of our society. Let Them Eat Cake...

From this:

Right now, there really are two different "Americas". In one America, the stock market is surging, corporate profits are soaring and BMW is operating factories at 110% of capacity just to keep up with demand.

To this:

In the other America, unemployment is rampant, millions of families are being kicked out of their homes and more than 45 million Americans are on food stamps.

But the article brings another question to mind. Why does anyone mock another person, or group of people? To make them angry? To make them act or react? Is this what's happening here?

A few examples from the list:

#3 In response to the Occupy Chicago protests, signs were put up in the windows of the building where the Chicago Board of Trade is located that spelled out this sentence: "We Are The 1%".

#6 Barack Obama continues to mock the poor by telling them to cut back on vacations and little luxuries like going out to eat while at the same time sending his own family out on incredibly expensive vacations. The following is one example I noted in an article earlier this year....

#7 Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain recently declared that anyone that is unemployed or poor in America should only blame themselves....

#9 Warren Buffett has some interesting observations on class warfare. He is one of the few wealthy Americans that is willing to say what everyone else is thinking. Back in 2006, Buffett was quoted as saying the following in an article in The New York Times....

“There’s class warfare, all right,” Mr. Buffett said, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

#10 Every single day, our "representatives" in Washington D.C. are living the high life at our expense. It is amazing that out of the entire population of the United States, we continue to overwhelming elect rich people to Congress. As I noted in a recent article, more than half of all the members of Congress are millionaires, and the median wealth of a U.S. Senator in 2009 was 2.38 million dollars.

So is this the proverbial bully saying to the rest of us: "Yeah. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing! That's what you're gonna do about it America. Nothing."

Please do read the article and the quotes in it before commenting. I've only given a smathering of the article in the OP.

edit on 11/1/2011 by Klassified because: Formatting

edit on 11/1/2011 by Klassified because: Linky

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They're making fun of protesters because they know that they're not anywhere near the source of the problem and it amuses them.
edit on 1-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I work for BMW and deal with these people everyday. They're not hurting in the slightest.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm sure the rich watch the protests...

From their 120 inch LED 3D Tv's just after returning from their Sunday drive in their Lamborghini which for some is really just their daily driver... Hey point A to point B right...

I'm sure they have their cook make them a sandwich and use the restroom with their Benjamin Franklin reserve note toilet paper while the poor starving kids charity commercials are on.. And after they are done laughing at the poor punk protesters I'm sure enjoy a quick tromp on the back 9 at pebble beach.

That is of course if they aren't planning a 1.5 million dollar party for one of their kids 4th birthday...
edit on 1-11-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think my signature says it all it's below the "thanks to airspoon" part.
Something about how if the pot isn't stirred a layer of scum rises to the top.

This is exactly how you can explain what we are seeing today in society...
There is another thread you should see, about psychopathy and the elite.
edit on 1-11-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

How do the actions of a few rich jerks represent all the rich people in existence?

#2 To many on Wall Street, the OWS protests are one big joke. In fact, Wall Street executives have been spotted sipping champagne while watching the Occupy Wall Street protests from their balconies.

This is total BS, pics or it didn't happen.

Nancy Pelosi stated that we need poor people to have less children because it costs the government so much money to take care of them....

Lol. Oh, Nancy.

She's always been a bit loopy, just leave her alone already!

#10 Every single day, our "representatives" in Washington D.C. are living the high life at our expense. It is amazing that out of the entire population of the United States, we continue to overwhelming elect rich people to Congress.

Well, stop voting for rich people then...... that might help.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

#2 To many on Wall Street, the OWS protests are one big joke. In fact, Wall Street executives have been spotted sipping champagne while watching the Occupy Wall Street protests from their balconies.

This is total BS, pics or it didn't happen.

and the source info lmgtfy.com...
edit on 1-11-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

I see.

I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

How do the actions of a few rich jerks represent all the rich people in existence?

I agree with this. And at least on my part. I don't blame all rich for what a few do. But it's those few that seem to be running everything.

new topics

top topics

join