It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government to review controversial Solar Energy Zones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

...Bury waste in a mountain or launched into space (where it wouldn't bother anyone?) or destroy hundreds of thousands of acres of pristine desert environment. Not that building these solar plants would in any way relieve the amount of nuclear energy we use.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Bottle the bs coming from Washington DC and that will solved the world's energy crisis.

LOL
I'll second that notion.
problem solved.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I worked for a solar company in Arizona. At one time I believed that moving forward every new structure should be built using solar panels, but not anymore.

[url=http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/03/are-your-solar-panels-toxic]

Six companies report that their products contain lead, a potent neurotoxin.

Three companies report that their products contain cadmium, a known carcinogen.

One company uses nitrogen triflouride, a potent greenhouse gas

Only seven companies provide recycling free of charge

Only eight companies said their would support "extended producer responsibility" laws that would require them to take back or recycle their products

Boy, did I get an earful from more than one customer who found out the hard way that it can cost just as much, if not more to have panels uninstalled because it involves an EPA inspection.

Word of warning to anybody considering installing solar!!!!!!!
edit on 1-11-2011 by supine because: fix link

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Can you think of a better place to build a solar power "zone"?

Solar power should be generated at the place it will be used. It should be used to supplement residential or business use on-site by putting collectors on the roof. The footprint is already being used - why waste more land? This idea of putting hundreds of acres of solar panels ANYWHERE is just retarded. It is a complete waste of space and money just to satisfy some guilt-ridden liberals. Solar and wind combined will never replace oil with the technology we possess right now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join