It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel about to launch major attack against Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
yaaawwn..here we go again.. israeli paranoia and the same old lame israeli excuse to go commit more mass murder and crimes against humanity.. Damn israelis wont be happy until they've murdered everyone who isnt jewish.. Because once they finish the palestinians they damn sure will go after the next group that offends them..and the next... Hitler would be proud of israel.

I think you have that backwards.

Show me where anyone from Israel has made the statement that they won't be happy until they've murdered everyone who isn't Jewish.

Now let me show you a quote from an Elected Deputy for Gaza:

“Allah, take hold of the Jews and their allies,” Bahr prayed. “Allah, take hold of the Americans and their allies…. Allah, count them and kill them to the last one and don’t leave even one.” - Ahmad Bahr

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Expat888
yaaawwn..here we go again.. israeli paranoia and the same old lame israeli excuse to go commit more mass murder and crimes against humanity.. Damn israelis wont be happy until they've murdered everyone who isnt jewish.. Because once they finish the palestinians they damn sure will go after the next group that offends them..and the next... Hitler would be proud of israel.

I think you have that backwards.

Show me where anyone from Israel has made the statement that they won't be happy until they've murdered everyone who isn't Jewish.

Now let me show you a quote from an Elected Deputy for Gaza:

“Allah, take hold of the Jews and their allies,” Bahr prayed. “Allah, take hold of the Americans and their allies…. Allah, count them and kill them to the last one and don’t leave even one.” - Ahmad Bahr

Wow, that is horrifying. Doesn't surprise me at all. I wonder what messiah they serve?

L-U-C-I-F-E-R

Kinda throws out the whole "Allah is surely merciful" they like to spout whenever they get accused of being genocidal. So when is Allah supposed to be merciful? Before or after youre dead?

6th commandment (Torah, Old Testament) "You shall not murder"
Man i guess they missed that one, seemed to have missed a few others too. They claim they believe in Jesus Christ but i can swear in none of Christ's teachings did i ever read about murdering anyone. Theyre more like Barabas than Yeshua.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Kinda throws out the whole "Allah is surely merciful" they like to spout whenever they get accused of being genocidal. So when is Allah supposed to be merciful? Before or after youre dead?

Man i guess they missed that one, seemed to have missed a few others too. They claim they believe in Jesus Christ but i can swear in none of Christ's teachings did i ever read about murdering anyone. Theyre more like Barabas than Yeshua.

Precisely why Muhammad had to come up with his own version through the Qur'an of who God and Jesus Christ were.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Precisely why Muhammad had to come up with his own version through the Qur'an of who God and Jesus Christ were.

You guys make me giggle. The EXACT same thing can be said about Christians, and Jews. How many people throughout history have been murdered in Christ's name? And we keep doing it.

There is no defense for anyone, of any religion, using their beliefs as a sheild for killing other people. Both sides are guilty of doing it, so don't play the blame game.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

You guys make me giggle. The EXACT same thing can be said about Christians, and Jews. How many people throughout history have been murdered in Christ's name? And we keep doing it.

There is no defense for anyone, of any religion, using their beliefs as a sheild for killing other people. Both sides are guilty of doing it, so don't play the blame game.

You make me giggle. How many people TODAY are being murdered in Christ's name? How many people TODAY are being murdered in the name of Allah?

But back on topic, until people realize that it's Hamas who's holding Palestinians hostage in Gaza as a way to draw sympathy in order to gain arms and excuse jihad (which is their purpose), you're lost.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Sorry, but I need a little but more than unsourced allegations.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

Israel is purposely committing horrible atrocities and we have bozos in the U.S. cheering em on because of how they interpret the bible.

Got a list that doesn't come from a Palestinian source? I have to go out for a bit, but I'll be happy to address it the first chance I get.

Sure no problem. I can compile a list of atrocities committed by Israel. I am sure I can also find some American Bozos cheering them on.

And I won't use Rachel Corrie as an example because we all know you think Hamas killed her

White Phosphorus

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Part 2 of the al-Awlaki episode was released just as I was crafting this post, and at the same time my video editor came online to work with me on with the nearly complete feature on the overthrow of Gadaffi, which will be posted after Part 2 of the special al-Awlaki double episode has had a few days to run. After watching the Libya expose’, you may very well change your opinion about the even-handedness of my reporting. For now, back to the topic.

White Phosphorus IS illegal to use; IF it is being used offensively, which during Operation Cast Lead it was not. Here are a few selected quotes from the Wiki entry on the subject as it relates to the last conflict in Gaza:

The IDF stated on January 13 that it "wishes to reiterate that it uses weapons in compliance with international law, while strictly observing that they be used in accordance with the type of combat and its characteristics.

Neil Gibson, technical adviser to Jane's Missiles and Rockets, insisted that the M825A1 was a WP round. “The M825A1 is an improved model. The WP does not fill the shell but is impregnated into 116 felt wedges which, once dispersed [by a high-explosive charge], start to burn within four to five seconds. They then burn for five to ten minutes. The smoke screen produced is extremely effective,” he said.

The shell is not defined as an incendiary weapon by the Third Protocol to the Convention on Conventional Weapons because its principal use is to produce smoke to protect troops. However, Marc Galasco, of Human Rights Watch, said: “Recognising the significant incidental incendiary effect that white phosphorus creates, there is great concern that Israel is failing to take all feasible steps to avoid civilian loss of life and property by using WP in densely populated urban areas. This concern is amplified given the technique evidenced in media photographs of air-bursting WP projectiles at relatively low levels, seemingly to maximise its incendiary effect.

He (Marc Galasco) added, however, that Human Rights Watch had no evidence that Israel was using incendiaries as weapons.

Please pay very close attention to the last, emboldened, quote. Regardless of what you may want to think about Israel, not even Human Rights Watch - Israel's most vociferous critic - can say that Israel was using WP in an offensive manner.

Israeli Airstrikes

The reporter states at :06: “The strikes were targeting militant groups… Israeli airstrikes killed 6 member of the group.” I don’t have a problem with that. As far as the assertions made by the Palestinians that there were no rocket launchers there, well you have to consider the source.

The reporter states that a “sports facility” belonging to Islamic Jihad was hit. A sports facility? Yeah right. Considering their penchant for hiding weapons in mosques and firing rockets from the grounds of a UN school, I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if this facility was also used to launch attacks against Israeli civilians.

Israeli bulldozers today destroyed a garden and children’s playground in Beit Jala, and 100 fruit and olive trees in Al Walaja, both in the Bethlehem district, to make way for the continued construction of their illegal apartheid wall. Palestinian source

According to the above source, which is obviously pro-Palestinian, the playground was demolished because it stood in the way of the wall Israel has been forced to build because of murdering scumbags who regularly crossed into Israel in order to blow up buses, nightclubs, and pizza parlors.

More in the next post.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Continued from last post...

If the Palestinians, Hamas in particular, weren’t hell-bent on murdering innocent civilians, I’m sure that the kids would be happily playing on the swings today. The wall was built for defensive purposes; and no children were hurt as a result of the playground’s demolition.

Again, I have no problem with that. If you want to blame someone, blame Hamas.

These are just a few examples. God's chosen people

I’d give you a few examples of Hamas atrocities against civilians, but I’m sure that you are well aware of them already; you just don’t like to admit it.

And as far as the “Chosen People” label applied to the Israelis, this has been misunderstood since the beginning. The Jews aren’t “Chosen” because they are better than anyone else; they are called the “Chosen People” because it is through Israel that God works his will and His plan for humanity unfolds.

If you take a look at history, you will see that the Jews have paid a heavy price for being “chosen,” and many of them wish the Almighty had chosen someone else.

edit on 11/2/2011 by OldCorp because: my "L" key sticks

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

I find it difficult to watch while you constantly cheer Israeli aggressions in the assumption that they are fulfilling biblical prophecy. This has nothing to do with religion.

I guess I missed this quote. Boy are you wrong; this conflict has EVERYTHING to do with religion. Whether you believe in God or not, the fact is that THEY DO. Why do you think that every time a Muslim is blowing up innocent civilians, or beating a 70-year-old man (Gadaffi) to death - sodomizing him before murdering him - they yell "Allah Akbhar?"

That type of blasphemy makes me want to puke.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Could you tell me where you have lived and visited in Israel and Gaza? And for how long?
We might know the same places

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
reply to post by OldCorp

We all know who you are old corp an armchair general wanting to see Israel "wipe something with pages" well that's all very well and good but i don't think you care about the political backlash did you not see the Gaza flotilla are you too arrogant to see Israel is playing into hamas's hands of playing the aggressor is that what gets you hard jews killing arabs? how is that different from white killing black? i won't stay around to watch you ejaculate all over the place when images come out of "everyone who died was a terrorist including 3yr old girls dogs the cat and 2 disabled children with learning difficulties" come out.

OH by the way nice job on that elenin video you never published you procrastinating # I waited 2 months for you to finish that video only for you to fail like you always do and not posted i was #ting myself that elenin was coming and i needed to see what that astronomer had to say well surprise surprise you faild you fail to read people and you fail to see what is really going on let me dumb it down and yes i do mean DUMB

1 retarded group fires rockets into israel that kill people israel kills people making other retarded groups fire rockets at the israel kills more people yet MORE rockets are fired at israel israel goes into gaza and occupys it israel looses troops to retards israel pulls out "mission accomplished" homes ruined on both sides lives in dismay everyone pissed at one another .... ???????
world war 3

Feel free to debunk me on any of the claims i've made here

Sorry, I don't respond to ignorant observations by someone who hasn't a clue about me or the subject matter, other than to point out that you haven't got a clue. I would like to see you do a better job though; maybe if you got out of gramma's basement once in a while, you would see how the world really works.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know regarding why Hamas doesn't want the U.N. to declare a Palestinian state:

"On Saturday, the branch of Hamas based in the Syrian capital, Damascus, issued a statement objecting to the United Nations move, expected later this week, because it was “unilateral,” meaning that Hamas had not been included in the decision.

The application, it said, was an extension of Fatah’s “path of compromise and insisting on dialogue while distancing itself from resistance and holding strong cards. We affirm our deep conviction that resistance is the main path that must be pursued together with political and public struggle.”

"The HAMAS CHARTER CALLS FOR ELIMINATING ISRAEL, but the Islamist movement’s public statements have been vague on whether that remains its ultimate goal."

www.nytimes.com... cse

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by OldCorp

I've covered this story for years, you could say it is my area of expertise, so I know the realities on the ground.

Where did you live in Israel and what parts of Gaza have you visited?
I used to know the border area quite well. When I was 18 I went to live on a kibbutz that backed onto Gaza (it's the same kibbutz that the Israeli army use as a tank park when they shell Gaza). I could tell you many stories about the reality of the situation 'on the ground'.
It's ironic as now I live only a few hours away from Warsaw of the ghetto fame. The similarities are striking.
Let's hear yours.

You know what I find hilarious? You and the guy I quoted in the post above this resort to personal attacks when you know that I'm right and you have no defensible position. That is how I know I've won the argument. At least others can debate the subject intelligently; an art form you are quite far from mastering.
edit on 11/2/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Could you tell me where you have lived and visited in Israel and Gaza? And for how long?

I've never lived in or visited either location. I do my research and don't rely on propaganda coming from either side. Happy?

ETA: Got any pics to prove that YOU did?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Could you just answer the question please.
You repeatedly state you're an expert on the subject and know what it's like 'on the ground'.
All I'm asking is WHERE exactly on the ground you mean.
Do you mean IN Gaza or do you mean ON the net watching videos?

Here's a video you might like -

For those of you unfamiliar with Gaza, it bears a remarkable similarity to the Warsaw ghetto. It's basically a city with what was once farmland which has been walled in and now relies completely on Israel for its utilities and food. Sometimes, Israel decides to switch off the power or stop the food (for example, this is the reason for the aid flotilla because of Israel's embargo on Gaza).
Imagine being locked inside a compound full of rubble?
When I lived a mile from the fence seperating Gaza and Israel, I'd be sitting in the communal canteen and a bomb would go off in the near distance, sending all the plates crashing off the table to the floor. This happened on a failry regular basis. It was from Israeli warplanes strafing Gaza.

I don't take sides in any war and I've been to quite a few warzones and post-war zones in my life. I just hate hypocrisy, I hate wholescale slaughter and the inhumane treatment of any person or peoples, regardless of colour or religion, creed or sex. There is always another solution.
My house was occupied by the Germans in WW2 (my back garden was the front in WW1 AND WW2) and the previous inhabitants went to the hills and forests and became partisans and fought back with whatever weapons they could make or muster. I love chatting to them about it (and old boys love to chat).
I know how i'd react if someone took my home and locked my family in a rubble-filled ghetto and fed them meager rations and gave them no hope for any sort of future. Even if those I opposed used American built fighters and bombers.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

I've never lived in or visited either location. I do my research and don't rely on propaganda coming from either side. Happy?

ETA: Got any pics to prove that YOU did?

None of that matters. Just because Aestheteka says he/she has witnessed more damage coming from Israel than Hamas, is only because that's the way Hamas wants it. All they have to do is continually "poke" Israel with rockets to get them to try and destroy their rocket bases, which they know will cause more damage and casualties. The idea is to convince everyone else that Israel is the big bad guy that needs to be destroyed, just like their charter states.

Here's the Hamas Charter that was created in 1988! Read it for yourselves!

www.thejerusalemfund.org...

So, once again, I'll state that HAMAS IS HOLDING THE PALESTINIANS HOSTAGE until they accomplish their mission!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I've a few photos back in England I presume. I'll have to ask my father to look for them. I had bigger thighs in those days

I lived on Kibbutz Mefalsim. Here's a collection of media pics from when Israel attacked Gaza in 2006. You can see Mefalsim, and the tanks there = photos

and here are some which show just how close the Kibbutz was to Gaza - more photos

Each evening we used to listen to the Voice of Peace pirate radio station (which was on a boat outside Gaza). They would play Desiderata and end with Shalom Israel.
I wouldn't recommend Mefalsim to Brits because it's mainly South American Jews, most of whom are from Argentina and many fought against us in the Falklands. We're not particularly popular. I made a few good Columbian friends though. Their sense of humour is mental.

OldCorps, I'm not attacking you personally, I just hate seeing such nonsense propaganda. I went to Israel completely pro-Israeli and left very, very confused by what I'd seen and experienced. I sincerely hope that you visit there one day (not the religious tour to Jerusalem, but to the places you report on) and make your own mind up without the aid of other sources (including mine).
That's all I hope for for anyone - to not believe everything you're told and instead go find out for yourself.
Amusingly, on the way back from Israel I spent some time in and near Belfast (which was a bit more active back then).
Happy days for a teenager

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Thing is, Hamas doesn't control everyone in Gaza. Some groups are too extreme to be controlled and they think Hamas are too moderate... so when Hamas say ``stop it`` they don't listen...

Anyways, I think Israel is about to launch a massive invasion of Gaza.

No? I thought Hamas were supposed to be bad asses. If they wanted to they could shut down these attacks, but the truth is they get a hard-on every time a Jew is killed. If they let Islamic Jihad do their dirty work, they can (try to) avoid the blame and still get off. Hamas are some of the worst scum on Earth and they all need to die. It's been shown that they can not be negotiated with, they refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist, and they won't be happy until every Jew is dead.

You may be right about another invasion Vitchillio. It's not the preferred method of dealing with these animals, but it has proven to be the only method; otherwise, rockets and mortars continue to rain down on civilians. I think that is what pisses me off the most. These animals are targeting Jewish residential neighborhoods when they could stand up, act like men, and point their rockets at Israeli military facilities.

At least air bases and army camps are legitimate targets of aggression; but NOOooooo, these assholes specifically target women and children, and then hide behind their own when the IDF comes looking for some payback.

It's time the IDF wiped Hamas from the pages of history (that's the phrase right?) once and for all, every last one of them. Tragically, innocents will die (because Hamas uses them as human shields) but in the long run that is the only way there will ever be peace.
edit on 11/1/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

For god's sake man, are you so blinded by your irrational fury and alienating xenophobia that you'll happily accept the loss of women and children being killed by indiscriminate bombings and white phosphor attacks, cluster bombs and landmines, yet you'll say this is tolerable because a hand-full of uncontrolable idiots are ignoring their democratically elected leaders and causing unrest.

What you have just said is sickening. Think about what you say.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You can see Kibbutz Mefalsim on Google Earth at this location -

31°30'08.34" N 34°33'40.50" E

Gaza is to the northwest.
We had sirens for when there was an attack plus all the kibbutzniks went about armed. It's disconcerting sorting eggs with someone wearing a Desert Eagle and carrying an AR15 but that's just how they live so close to Gaza.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Could you just answer the question please.
You repeatedly state you're an expert on the subject and know what it's like 'on the ground'.
All I'm asking is WHERE exactly on the ground you mean.
Do you mean IN Gaza or do you mean ON the net watching videos?

For those of you unfamiliar with Gaza, it bears a remarkable similarity to the Warsaw ghetto. It's basically a city with what was once farmland which has been walled in and now relies completely on Israel for its utilities and food. Sometimes, Israel decides to switch off the power or stop the food (for example, this is the reason for the aid flotilla because of Israel's embargo on Gaza).
Imagine being locked inside a compound full of rubble?
When I lived a mile from the fence seperating Gaza and Israel, I'd be sitting in the communal canteen and a bomb would go off in the near distance, sending all the plates crashing off the table to the floor. This happened on a failry regular basis. It was from Israeli warplanes strafing Gaza.

I don't take sides in any war and I've been to quite a few warzones and post-war zones in my life. I just hate hypocrisy, I hate wholescale slaughter and the inhumane treatment of any person or peoples, regardless of colour or religion, creed or sex. There is always another solution.
My house was occupied by the Germans in WW2 (my back garden was the front in WW1 AND WW2) and the previous inhabitants went to the hills and forests and became partisans and fought back with whatever weapons they could make or muster. I love chatting to them about it (and old boys love to chat).
I know how i'd react if someone took my home and locked my family in a rubble-filled ghetto and fed them meager rations and gave them no hope for any sort of future. Even if those I opposed used American built fighters and bombers.

You're either lying about being there, or lying about what you experienced.

Gaza CITY is NOT surrounded by a wall. Gaza STRIP is surrounded, some parts by a fence and some by a wall. There are 4 major cities in Gaza STRIP : Dir el balah, Gaza, Kan Yunes and Rapha.

You know nothing about the Warsaw ghetto, the Holocaust or the life in Gaza strip, or else you wouldn't be making such a stupid ignorant comparison.

If you were indeed living a mile away from Gaza strip and heard Israeli jets bombing Gaza but didn't hear the sirens or “red color alerts” on the Israeli side, calling them to take shelter because the Palestinian rockets are on their way, you are – again – lying, or need to see a doctor to take care of your hearing problem.

I knew hate is blinding, but it seems the affects extend to ears too.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Mate, you are a disinfo agent.
I lived on Kibbutz Mefalsim when I was 18, which was 1992 or 3. There's a pretty easy way to check if I was there or not. I'm sure some of the old kibbutzniks will even remember me - they asked me to leave because i got drunk and went joyriding in one of their big tractors (I didn't realize it had a plough attached to the back of it at the time and the road took some damage...)
I presently live about 4 hours drive from Warsaw and spent several years commuting to Poland (I live literally on the border). Auschwitz is also pretty close to me.
i described Gaza as a city with what used to be farmland, I didn't say I lived next to Gaza city.
Nice try, shill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join