It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are a problem, whats _your solution?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

If you can mod out a bank currency transport truck, you're ahead of the game. Tanks....I dunno. You gotta come out sometime and if it runs out of gas, you had better be ready to wait it out for a long time. Zombies have lots of time to kill.

Don't be a sniper though, bad choice. They always locate where you are and you wake up the next morning and hundreds of them are around your location.
edit on 29-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

being a sniper isnt so bad. you have a pointman to watch your back remember?

Tanks can be found at your local army depot. in america its the national guard armorys. tanks are not so good on the streets. concrete ruins the tracks.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You shouldn't snipe zombies from your base of operations, that's what I meant.

Sniping zombies while out on missions is acceptable.

Zombies can keep up with tanks, at least the faster species of them. Tanks in a zombie scenario is just asking for trouble. A big metal coffin.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You shouldn't snipe zombies from your base of operations, that's what I meant.

Sniping zombies while out on missions is acceptable.

Zombies can keep up with tanks, at least the faster species of them. Tanks in a zombie scenario is just asking for trouble. A big metal coffin.

That all depends on the strain of zombie virus and the tank.

most tanks can go round 40mph. some can go up to 60mph.

Most zombie viruses have zombies as slow moving groaning mindless beings. If the Zombie mutates into a crimson head from the T virus you dont have a chance at running from them and they can tear off car doors.

they can run about 30-40 miles an hour but they wont last long due to the decomposition and the fact that nutrients are not being absorbed from what they eat in most cases. so they will fall apart. but then you have the ones that do get the nutrients and become what is known as a tyrant.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
flesh eating bugs. theres more of em than us and it will happen out of our control.

unless ofcourse its due to a brain-controlling parasite

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
flesh eating bugs. theres more of em than us and it will happen out of our control.

Those already exist.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

The number one counter to Highly resiliant foes is to defeat their mobility.

Turning a large hallway into a soap slick killin zone would be an instant defeat to any unsuspecting foe, without the ability to move onto the walls or ceiling and cannot fly.

Of course this is assuming, what ever form your foe takes,it doesnt have a ranged weapon.

also note that most soap is scented. so plan for the pleasent smell to reach your enemys before they reach your position.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Turning a large hallway into a soap slick killin zone would be an instant defeat to any unsuspecting foe, without the ability to move onto the walls or ceiling and cannot fly.

Of course this is assuming, what ever form your foe takes,it doesnt have a ranged weapon.

also note that most soap is scented. so plan for the pleasent smell to reach your enemys before they reach your position.

FREAKING GENIOUS!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

I have learned something new. I am better prepared.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

My favorite is the BFG 9000. It's an oldie but goodie.

en.wikipedia.org...

Specifically for tight indoor spaces like churches or warehouses and highrise buildings

Chainsaws are too messy and I always worry about blood contamination. If I cut myself in the process, and their blood mixes with mine...it's safe to assume I'm screwed.

You need something with multiple rounds. Fully Auto or Semi AK? Dunno, Ar-15 I'm thinking.

Flamethrower is probably the best defense, but don't set your friends on fire, there aren't many 'friends' around to spare.

If you can mod out a bank currency transport truck, you're ahead of the game. Tanks....I dunno. You gotta come out sometime and if it runs out of gas, you had better be ready to wait it out for a long time. Zombies have lots of time to kill.

If you can get this:

wiki.teamfortress.com...

this

wiki.teamfortress.com...

or this

wiki.teamfortress.com...

you might have an advantage.

Don't be a sniper though, bad choice. They always locate where you are and you wake up the next morning and hundreds of them are around your location.
edit on 29-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

I am liking the way that chick in the video a page back that I posted is handling that AR-15. Steady as a rock.
You just know she is hitting the target.
I am thinking that would be a good gun to have. 100 rounds, so you can just concentrate on what you are doing and not have to worry about reloading. And then if you do need to reload, well its another hundred rounds in the next clip.

I am thinking serious fortress. Like the armory here in town.
If you are going to make a stand, do it in an armory thats what I say.
Then you won't run out of bullets.
Armoury

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug

Like the Puppetmasters?

I think I saw one once. It looked like it was shiny, transparent, like the shape of a little stingray without the tail.
And it was on the back windshield of a car.

And so I thought, well that is too frickin weird, WTH is that? So I looked on the net, and there were all these videos of rods, and it might be that I thought and then I came across the story The Puppetmasters, and the movie, and then there was a star trek episode about them, and other stuff in film and TV and then I came across an artifact, that kindof looked like it too.
It had to be an optical illusion. At least I hope so.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I don't know. I think I want to avoid tight spots.
A hallway, even if you slick it down with soap or grease, or marbles, its a tight spot.
I would rather be in a Brink's truck. No amount of zombies are going to bother you in a Brink's truck. And you can shoot out them. They have gun ports. If they surround you, you just drive over them.
It can push a vehicle out of the way too. Shoot out the tires, and it will just keep going.
Gas grenade? It has vents you can close because they thought of that too.
Will take most types of ammo and not flinch. Rocketlauncher? Yer done.
But other than that, you would be fairly safe. Just don't park where someone can broadside you with a semi trailer doing 30 MPH or more.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

As long as you scavange enough gas and are capable of repairing said vehicle.

I would love to have a truck to drive around but in most senarios the streets are packed with cars. A jetpack with unlimited fuel with be even better.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join