It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are a problem, whats _your solution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Cow brains to throw at them to feed off of.
Or a realy sharp machete.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lay low.

Other people are just as dangerous if not more dangerous.

Stay quiet.

Be sneaky.

Let the zombies kill off all the noisy competition.

Get all the swag left behind by all the noisy people that thought any kind of direct confrontation was a solution.

make noise bombs with car alarms and batteries to herd zombies into areas away from where I want to be, or where other people are putting a kink in salvagable resources.

edit on 31-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

I'm content with a 12 gauge slug doing the trick.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
I am sure many people have seen a zombie movie and without going into how they might have ended up being everywhere forcing you into the mall or wherever to escape them.

What is your best piece of equipment for dealing with zombies?

I am thinking of getting a quadcopter on the cheap out of Asia. I will have to put most of it together to save money because in North America you can spend anywhere from 5 to 25 thousand on them.

A cheap one would be 900 bucks in North America. They use them for aerial photography or as drones.

So the one I am looking at putting together starts as this and you add your transmitter and receiver and whatever else like stabilizer you want. So lets say for 700 bucks it will carry a payload of almost 1 kg and under good conditions fly for a hour, up to a kilometer away and easily to a couple hundred feet.

So it can spy on where the zombies are, and it can drop things on them. It could maybe even drop something to lure them away.

Knowing where they are and what they are doing, and maybe distracting them or even dropping something like a gas canister on them, without getting near enough to smell them, sounds like a good idea to me.

So whats your solution to the zombie problem?

My solution is:

Drugs
Sex
Sex
Drugs
A little more sex
A lot more drugs

Go out with a bang, yahknow?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

A tanker Herc with Hellfire missles! Excellent ! "Zombies, engage, weapons free" What a slaughter!

Although I still like the AC-130 105mm howitzer ( KA BOOM )

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would build some sort of machine to harvest zombie power. They don't die, so basically you have unlimited energy. Just get a nice juicy human to use as the carrot on a stick. Been trying to come up with a design the use zombie power to kill zombies, but the problem I keep running up against is body part clogging the machinery.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
do it the easy way.. Call in a napalm strike.. Or just use a tactical nuke.. Problem solved.. Now who wants to buy some used soviet icbm's ? cheap.!! Order now and get a free low mileage t72 !!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

If I remember well, ammo can be thrown at 45 mph... Must be knocking a bit!

Sling-shot

And this one throws at a distance of 225 yards...

I just thought... was it a sling-shot that David used to kill Goliath?... I'm not sure anymore, LOL.

225 yards. Thats a long ways. I think I will get one for my bug out bag.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bravesirrobin
What kind of zombies are we dealing with? The slow, shuffling, stupid zombies, or the fast nimble, semi-intelligent ones? Each kind would require a different approach.

Ape men.

They lack sentience and thats the only difference. So they are men who are physically unharmed, but they have the brain of an ape.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
do it the easy way.. Call in a napalm strike.. Or just use a tactical nuke.. Problem solved.. Now who wants to buy some used soviet icbm's ? cheap.!! Order now and get a free low mileage t72 !!

I heard that when they took stock of them, half were already missing.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Originally posted by Rocketman7
I am sure many people have seen a zombie movie and without going into how they might have ended up being everywhere forcing you into the mall or wherever to escape them.

What is your best piece of equipment for dealing with zombies?

I am thinking of getting a quadcopter on the cheap out of Asia. I will have to put most of it together to save money because in North America you can spend anywhere from 5 to 25 thousand on them.

A cheap one would be 900 bucks in North America. They use them for aerial photography or as drones.

So the one I am looking at putting together starts as this and you add your transmitter and receiver and whatever else like stabilizer you want. So lets say for 700 bucks it will carry a payload of almost 1 kg and under good conditions fly for a hour, up to a kilometer away and easily to a couple hundred feet.

So it can spy on where the zombies are, and it can drop things on them. It could maybe even drop something to lure them away.

Knowing where they are and what they are doing, and maybe distracting them or even dropping something like a gas canister on them, without getting near enough to smell them, sounds like a good idea to me.

So whats your solution to the zombie problem?

My solution is:

Drugs
Sex
Sex
Drugs
A little more sex
A lot more drugs

Go out with a bang, yahknow?

Better use a condom. Zombies have cooties.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyinghaggis

A tanker Herc with Hellfire missles! Excellent ! "Zombies, engage, weapons free" What a slaughter!

Although I still like the AC-130 105mm howitzer ( KA BOOM )

I have played a apache helicopter simulator game. and I tell ya its a thrill to just let everything go on a target.

Bring the rain.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Lol not WITH the zombies!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Everyone seems to rely on Guns and swinging weapons. While gun have their advantages They are also loud and everyone and their mothers will be looking for ammo after the first " 24 hours/week"
Bow and arrow would be nice for silence and slightly more assesible ammo. However you either know how to use one now or have to take a crash course gainst the horde..
Bats with or without Nails. Seems easy enough until you get splash back.. Not only is Zombie blood nasty tasting it also could be infectious.
Katana's and machetes. Now as much as everyone things they can pick up a Katana and rampage. Looks at the figures back in the day, Most Samurais were either missing Digits or at least had nice scars. This blade is nothing to play at.. Machete is a better option in this case Its the poor mans Katana. However I am not the sort that wants to test my stamina out in the road against more then one of two zombies More then that and most Armschair internet warriors would get tired and sadly there is no reset button after the zombie chews off you face. And swinging anything inside a building lets face it your just as likely to damage the walls then a zombie considering swinging range.

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid.. Don't know bout you but the trash blows around here where i live. Dang kids I have a 7 inch iron spike at the end of a 5 foot stick. Poke the trash pick it up.. No need to swing no need to sharpen it. makes a great walking stick. No splatter and no need to train. Again you won't be a road warrior outside trying to fend them off. You will be on the other side of a chain link fence poking through eye sockets.. Hit a few then move on. Pitch fork would work in a pinch. Just not the cheap ones they make now adays. I am only 140 lbs soaking wet stand 5 foot 10 inches. Won't find me swinging a sledge hammer around. Throwing knives, My two short swords and my trash picker upper.. That's the way I will roll. That said everyone always focus's on the weapons. Best weapon is a good defense. Anyone ever go paintball gunning? Got a mask with goggles.. Not full proof but will reduce splash effect Also a dry suit( Scuba divers) meant to keep the wet out.. Hint Hint. These aren't bite proof but a leather jacket and some heavy pants added should go along way to saving your skin..

Nothing is foolproof the moment you say your ready you might as well lay down and die. No one is truly ready. Oh I am sure some have the muscle or at least the brains. Cleverness will only get you so far. Team work goes along way. Mentally even the strongest person will be shaken up. Imagine the day your dog died. Imagine its you wife/ sister / brother/ nephew.. Who ever you like or dislike.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Based on the Methadone example, I advocate Federal Brain Subsidies.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A double barrelshotgun,a revolver and a chainsaw,then fortify my surroundings 28 days later style (great zombie movie BTW)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wonder how well zombies would do on ice? Think I would head north and try surviving in a winter wonderland.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
I wonder how well zombies would do on ice? Think I would head north and try surviving in a winter wonderland.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Well thats a good point. They won't survive the freezing cold.

But could you?

And is it necessary? Maybe you don't need to go right to Alaska.

Also lest we forget there might be no one minding the switches on the generators for the nuke power plants. Any power plants in Alaska? Fukushima style?

I will show you where I would go...
Bamfield Marine Science Center

Plenty of fresh water, in tanks in storage, aquaculture tanks, plenty of fish and game, maybe 1 week of snow per winter.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

My best piece of gear is my mortgage advisor, and as for the problems with zombies I'll just move out of Essex.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

AR-15, Ice cream truck with loud speaker and an iPod with Michael Jackson's Thriller. I'd crank it up and shoot the zombies while they were busy dancing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join