Zombies are a problem, whats _your solution?

page: 3
3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A good fence and a garden seems to work wonders. Gotta think barricades




posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Move to an island..pretty sure they can't swim. At least not on any movies I've seen. Also find Milla Jovovich need a good zombie killing mate.



posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


My best piece of gear is my mortgage advisor, and as for the problems with zombies I'll just move out of Essex.


I remember watching a zombie movie about London that was tongue in cheek. Shaun of the Dead. Then right after I watched it, a day later, some guy axe murdered his next door neighbor on the sidewalk outside their houses, over a squabble regarding taking out the trash. He tried to defend himself with a garbage can lid, but was hacked to bits right there on the street, and they had been next door neighbors for years.

So how is your mortgage advisor your best piece of gear? Human shield?

I am hoping my old dentist gets to be a zombie and I see him while I am loading a big gun.



posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7


What is your best piece of equipment for dealing with zombies?



Aside from the knowledge that Zombies have never and will never exist?


Okay, teasing aside, if there was ever a zombie outbreak and the movies are right, I would say a bullet to the head, would do the trick....

Just don't forget the double tap.



posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdPig
reply to post by Rocketman7
 


AR-15, Ice cream truck with loud speaker and an iPod with Michael Jackson's Thriller. I'd crank it up and shoot the zombies while they were busy dancing...


I heard zombies are repelled by bag pipe music.

It even says so in the Bible apparently.

In the movie Robinson Crusoe on Mars, after he has a dream that the captain who died is a zombie, he makes some bag pipes and plays them while out and about.

There might be more references in popular culture to that working but I am not sure.



posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Rocketman7


What is your best piece of equipment for dealing with zombies?



Aside from the knowledge that Zombies have never and will never exist?


Okay, teasing aside, if there was ever a zombie outbreak and the movies are right, I would say a bullet to the head, would do the trick....

Just don't forget the double tap.


There are different types of zombies but you know Haiti has a tradition of zombies.

If you take a person, and remove their sentience so they are an ape, a human ape with reptilian brain functionality, operating on instinct, thats a kind of zombie. Alzheimer patients are zombies like that at some point.
real Haitian zombies



posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Inventory:

-Chainsaw
-Smith & Wesson AR-15, Eeotech optics, multiple 30 round magazines
-Glock 19, sub-compact 9mm
-Walther PPS Slim Line .40 caliber
-Stockpiled ammo: 5.56 NATO, .40 caliber, 9mm

Zombies or Armagedon...I'm ready...Bring it on!



posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   


This my solution its for fighting and for zombie scum.

Die Zombies Die!



posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
David used a sling to kill goliath, much more powerful than a slingshot, most of those wouldn't be able to kill a person (unless the hit absolutely prefectly and i don't think that they can puncture a skull. And even a silenced gun is still fairly loud. I say, halberd type weapon with a short sword, think gladius or machete, as a back up, I like the paintaball mask idea, but the problem is that those fog up really bad unless there are holes at the top and bottom, or u use an anti-fogging aplication. I say, hunker down, don't make more noise than you have to and always have multiple exits. Head to the desert, as not many people live there so people and zombies won't be as much of a problem (just make sure you know where to find water before you head out).



posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Want to see something funny?

A friend of mine is in Haiti today doing a photshoot, right after I mentioned Haiti, and she hates zombies too.

Checkout the necklace she is wearing...

I told her not to forget to carry a mallet.

That only works for the kind of zombies in the book 'I am Legend'. Which I was listening to the other day in an audio book.

The movie Last Man on Earth, starring Vincent Price, same movie, then Omega Man, Charleton Heston, same movie, then with Will Smith recently I am Legend, but a different story line adaptation.

When it was done by Vincent Price, it was a tongue in cheek story about his gay lover becoming a zombie vampire along with the rest of the world.

Willl didn't find that out until the opening of his version. That it was a gay zombie movie originally.

Vincent Price was as gay as Liberache on gay day in gay land during the gay pride parade. But he hid it better than Rock Hudson.

A bit a zombie trivia for all you zombie fans.

And yeah, thats Adriana Lima.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo



posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96


This my solution its for fighting and for zombie scum.

Die Zombies Die!


Yut, there goes all the ammo.

Your turn to fill the casings.



posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hand grenades, flamethrowers, and a lot of gas. I believe I would have fun obliterating zombies.



posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Forget zombies. Zombies are over. There are tv shows about zombies. Zombies are done. Zombies sell soap and laptops.

Robots. That's what you have to worry about now. Zombies are easy to kill. You can kill a zombie with a 10 pound rock and not even be in that much danger. You can out walk 100 zombies with enough open space and enough bottlenecks.

Killer robots! What do you attack a killer robot with? Any military designed killer robot is going to be more armored, and armed with distance weapons, thermal imaging, sonar, sound seeking, laser targeting, multi-terrain ability, redundant systems, the ability to work as a group most likely with air units and spy units.

Military robots are hella scarier than zombies. Get over the zombies. Watch out for the robots. They are coming.

When the world collapse happens, bankers won't be using zombies to guard their head quarters, food storage facilities and private walled compounds. They'll hire out of work military and police, and if most of those guys turn against them, they'll turn to building themselves Armored Gun robots.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Butterbone because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well, I'm a robot, so I don't worry about robots.

I think that I will also acquire a solar-powered monster truck. Tall enough that the zombies can't climb it AND I will be able to run over pretty much anything in my way. Yes.



posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot
 


You know just one gravedigger style monster truck with a massive fuel tank would be just about the best zombie vehicle to have. Traffic horror on the highway! No problem! Even a tank can get stuck pushing 50 cars out of the way.
Better to go over than through.

WAIT!!! Robots don't have to worry about zombies either!!!
edit on 4-11-2011 by Butterbone because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone
 


Who's worried? Like I said, I would have fun getting rid of them.

More room for machines.



posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone
Forget zombies. Zombies are over. There are tv shows about zombies. Zombies are done. Zombies sell soap and laptops.

Robots. That's what you have to worry about now. Zombies are easy to kill. You can kill a zombie with a 10 pound rock and not even be in that much danger. You can out walk 100 zombies with enough open space and enough bottlenecks.

Killer robots! What do you attack a killer robot with? Any military designed killer robot is going to be more armored, and armed with distance weapons, thermal imaging, sonar, sound seeking, laser targeting, multi-terrain ability, redundant systems, the ability to work as a group most likely with air units and spy units.

Military robots are hella scarier than zombies. Get over the zombies. Watch out for the robots. They are coming.

When the world collapse happens, bankers won't be using zombies to guard their head quarters, food storage facilities and private walled compounds. They'll hire out of work military and police, and if most of those guys turn against them, they'll turn to building themselves Armored Gun robots.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Butterbone because: (no reason given)



Well the American military kills people with unmanned drones every day of the week now I think.

Silent death from above. Don't even need satellites with laser beams, all you need is a high flying drone.

No witnesses, and you don't even need to get your hands dirty.



posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im a part time bladesmith/knifemaker.
I make Solutions to the zombie problem every day.
My biggest issue would be clean up.


1. 5160 spring steel blade 58rc.
2. 5mm+ thick,18 inches overall, full tang with Khukuri-style profile.
3. Full convex grind.
4. Custom fitted Oak handle slabs, contoured to fit the hand.
5. Cardio


add some riot type personal body armor and you could make a game out of it.



posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
All you need is some tile flooring at a chokepoint and some soap.....

It takes incredible skill to walk on a slick surface. It would be a complete mobility kill.



posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Playing Left 4 Dead for many, many hours has given me much incite. When a Tank comes after you, throw a molotov cocktail at him.

And watch out for Louis. He has a very bad addiction to pain pills.





new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join