It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Denver camp broken up by police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Everyone around here thinks that the winter is what's going to break up OWS. Recent news from around the internet shows that they're being removed outright with no regard for their rights at all. Is this the beginning of the complete loss of our rights in this country?

This is the culmination video of what happened from the standoff first reported on Friday. Protestors claimed they were not leaving, and were not in violation.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
thats s.o.p in the totalitarian states of amerika..
rights are a thing of the past and an excuse by the state to condemn / invade other countries..
Big Brother doesnt allow or tolerate dissent..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This peaceful assembly after this sick behaviour by the cops should be changed immediately to violent rage .The crowd will beat these thugs very easy.
edit on 31-10-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
well, there are laws, and they have to follow them.... regardless of how that law interacts with the constitution... free speech isn't something everyone needs to have anyway. the government works too hard for our well being to have these thugs out sleeping in parks. and these corporations (by which some of these misfits are employed) are the best thing since sliced bread. quell the resistance! power to the system!!!!

///saarrrrcasssmm..... # the police..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's about time they remove the fleabaggers.

They were doing nothing but causing trouble and defecating on everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
It's about time they remove the fleabaggers.

They were doing nothing but causing trouble and defecating on everything.

i think you forgot your "/sarcasm" tag

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I really hope that we aren't all going to be shot by riot weapons for speeding one day. With the current trend in OWS to use these weapons for everything, I can see it happening. Starting to remind me of Judge Dred a little too much.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
how can we as a nation that removed the shackles of tyranny tell the poor and disenfranchised they don't have the right to do the same.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
I really hope that we aren't all going to be shot by riot weapons for speeding one day. With the current trend in OWS to use these weapons for everything, I can see it happening. Starting to remind me of Judge Dred a little too much.

nah.. they'll use drones for that easier to get target lock...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakedbluedevil
how can we as a nation that removed the shackles of tyranny tell the poor and disenfranchised they don't have the right to do the same.

Wow, where to begin?
OWS is NOT the poor and disenfranchised. OWS is a bunch of spoiled little brats with their iphones who only want things handed to them. It must be nice to have the time to be at a rally for weeks & months. Perhaps they should get a job instead of defecating on everything. What? They can't get a job, then blame obama and move the protest to the white house and congress.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Looks more like a resolute group that's not going to be pushed around by TPTB. I guess the mind sees what it wants.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Its sad. Protest is a very empowering political statement. I dont think the movement will die. It will taper off in winter. Revolution is a summer passtime..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
the cops were so out numbered here...
and the only thing people did was cuss and yell "SHAME!!"

no matter how peaceful a protest, they will always bring violence first.

we even see agents in some cases, in the crowd, to make it look like the protesters "fired first"

that should have looked more like this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

They can't get a job, then blame obama and move the protest to the white house and congress.

Have a good feeling the 'directors' of this 'movement' won't do that until they are needed for his re-election campaign, and of course their signs changed to "Obama 2012" ones.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You know, every time I see these kinds of threads all but a week later it turns out the protesters started the damned fight because someone comes up with the ten or twenty seconds of crucial video that shows protesters throwing things at police or rushing police lines or being attacked by protesters as they are trying to arrest someone legitimately.

Sorry. First one is OWS

This is OD

And then when the police respond they scream "police brutality" and post one sided youtube videos of cops beating the crap out of "peaceful protesters".

Give me a break.

This crap isn't fooling me any more. If you rush police lines throw things and disobey lawful orders you get what you deserve. Just because you're protesting doesn't mean you get to violate every other law on the books because you think it is your right to do so.

You have the right to PEACEABLE ASSEMBLE not to civil disobedience, rushing police lines, throwing stuff at cops, vandalism, and whatever other dumb ass "Viva La Revolucion" crap you THINK is your right.
edit on 31-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Viva la stupiditay i agree with you takes two to tango and cops are not going to stand there and take things being thrown at them like any person would.

Those protestors are instigating this where is their "civility" indeed.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

What happens when the police try to break up a lawful camp, not a protest, but the camp?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
OWS is NOT the poor and disenfranchised. OWS is a bunch of spoiled little brats with their iphones who only want things handed to them. It must be nice to have the time to be at a rally for weeks & months. Perhaps they should get a job instead of defecating on everything. What? They can't get a job, then blame obama and move the protest to the white house and congress.

You're generalizing quite a bit. That's not very nice. Not all of them are just. Many are angry and may not be directing their anger towards the best possible target, but something's gotta give. There are no jobs. Survival has become a commodity. Maybe all they want is a fair chance? I'd rather have the opportunity to earn rather than receive gifts from a benevolent Have, and I suspect many of the folks you just demonized would agree.

Now I see a few possibilities with this current situation... 1: Some of the protesters may have provoked the police. 2: The police themselves are the provocateurs, perhaps even posing as protesters (has happened before). 3: Or the police may simply be "following orders" which could be something to the effect of "clear them out".

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'd like to see them try that in Arizona where heavily armed militias are protecting OWS, that would really be interesting.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Mr. D because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

What happens when they ignore lawful orders and they have to go in and arrest people for ignoring the cops?
Denver police move into Occupy encampment

DENVER - Police have moved into an encampment of Occupy Wall Street supporters and are arresting demonstrators who have ignored orders to leave.

The police action this evening comes just hours after a standoff between protesters and authorities near the steps of the Colorado Capitol erupted into a clash that resulted in a surge of demonstrators being met with police force that included reports of pepper spray and rubber bullets.

From the same article:

About eight officers scuffled with a group of protesters, according to The Denver Post, and police confirmed to the newspaper that they used pepper spray and either rubber bullets or pepper balls to break up the crowd.

Denver police spokesman Matt Murray said protesters knocked an officer off his motorcycle and other officers were kicked by demonstrators.

Murray said seven protesters were arrested, including two for assault and one for disobedience. He said some demonstrators had received medical treatment on the scene, but no one had been taken to a hospital.

Sounds super lawful to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join