It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance Denied...why America had a middle class..and what it took.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
As many like myself, we were taught in the Public Fool System, under the Dept Of Indoctrination about the labor movement.
How strikes formed the backbone of the labor movement. Also how it acheived the goals of:

1. safer working conditions
2. retirement protection..so greedy rich couldn't treat human beings like toilet paper.
3. 8 hr work day
4. And a living wage..

The most insidious thing I remember from school in the 80's was HOW the strikes happened..NOT..

1. Everything was geared towards "sit-down" strikes..
2. That people stood around waving signs and begging for a better job environment
3. The picket lines..

the truth was somewhat obscured.
1. The picket lines were VIOLENT!!! the workers would literally beat the crap out of scabs or follow them home and make sure they didn't come back the next day

2. The police were the TOOL of the elites and in doing so were aligned against the working poor who demanded to be treated with dignity..And if the police had their way an American middle class would have NEVER BEEN..

I humbly ask for people to take the time and watch the 8 min video from the 30's. hopefully it will provide a look "back in time" of what it took for people to gain ANYTHING...HIPPY CHANTING HAS NEVER WORKED IN AMERICA.. the last 40 years PROVE IT..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

you kinda gotta wonder. is it the fluoride in the water? why are americans so scared of straight beating the crap outta cops and it reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

i am for a peaceful protest because of the looming martial law, but then again... doesn't it already look like martial law?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The union bosses are only interested in making money, as well.

On the other hand, it's at least a paid man that's bribed with by workers rather than some random dude with deep pockets.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Violence is the product of small minds and the Unions have been taken over by politicians. It's a far different world today in the US.

We still have a robust Middle-Class by the way. You forget that more than 8 in ten of us are still doing just fine. Yes unemployment is high, although not as high as the early 1980's when we had mortgage rates over 20% and it was worse than now. We overcame it that time and no doubt will survive this time. The answer lies in cleaning up the Unions leadership and getting them out of bed with politicians.

We all know the Union Workers are making far more than those outside of the Unions. They are the last people on the planet who should be complaining. How do you complain about being overpaid and getting too many benefits? You don't unless your a phony.

As to violence, like I said, SMALL MINDS without the intelligence to deal with issues in real ways. Thugs are thugs and bullies are bullies. When you are overpaid and still complaining, you loose all credibility and deserve too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Police get the crap beat out of them almost every day where I live. Just last week an old high school friend of mine (in military) took down two officers and is still in jail today. He attacked him because he said his license plate light was out. Well after ignoring the cops orders to stay in the vehicle (he's a big guy) he ran to the back of his car and saw it was working just fine. He snapped, and about killed them. Another squad car passing by saw the fight and broke it up.

So yeah, Americans aren't afraid to beat up a cop, but when we do, we go to prison under a pile of false charges. I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a prison cell. Can't fight for freedom in there.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I for one think the playing field is way too tilted to allow at least our government, (U.S.) to fear anything but themselves at this point. This current situation we are in today economically has been fueled by over 100 years of a handful of very powerful, wealthy individuals. With duplicity of their financial dealings and well placed ignorance on the masses through a variety of methods, they have looted the common people of the earth of their wealth and the ability to gain significant wealth.
I have a wife and child so I must stay around for their sake. Honestly at least once a day I think about how f-ed up the world is, how too many people are in the dark with ignorance, and how we are basically slaves to their machine. I want to pull out a gun and blow my f&@%*n head off! I WIN! You can't bleed a corpse! However in the end they would win too because it's just one less P.O.S. to deal with. Sure they lose whatever my 'value' is to their suck game, but it's one less person and another drop in the bucket to get the population down to oh 500 million or so. Also I can't do that to 2 people who love and look to me for strength and support. Who these days mean more to me than anything else in this world. I HATE MONEY! IT IS THE ROOT OF ALL THAT IS EVIL!
edit on 10/31/2011 by americanbuffalo1 because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

maybe you need to differentiate violence from self defense...

Alaska pay higher wages than lower 48. granted food costs more. Plus 8 out of 10 are just fine?

are you on planet Alaska somewhere in another solar system.. Im sure there are more than 20% of workers NOT FINE..

Do you deny that the violence is what gave the 30's labor movement 'teeth'

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Violence is the product of small minds and the Unions have been taken over by politicians. It's a far different world today in the US.

We still have a robust Middle-Class by the way. You forget that more than 8 in ten of us are still doing just fine. Yes unemployment is high, although not as high as the early 1980's when we had mortgage rates over 20% and it was worse than now. We overcame it that time and no doubt will survive this time. The answer lies in cleaning up the Unions leadership and getting them out of bed with politicians.

We all know the Union Workers are making far more than those outside of the Unions. They are the last people on the planet who should be complaining. How do you complain about being overpaid and getting too many benefits? You don't unless your a phony.

As to violence, like I said, SMALL MINDS without the intelligence to deal with issues in real ways. Thugs are thugs and bullies are bullies. When you are overpaid and still complaining, you loose all credibility and deserve too.

small minds? so those who died at Normandy has 'small minds"?

Chesty Puller was a 'small mind'?
George Washington and the entire Patriot army were 'small minds'?

who is 'overpaid'..feeling guilty? or are you SO clueless and brainwashed to think that americans are overpaid. TELL THAT TO ALL THE homeless veterans in this country!!!

I guess you must be STUPID to resort to 'violence' when someone is violently attacing you.. I mean 'COME ON' what idiot wouldm defend theirselves?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
reply to post by stuncrazy

So yeah, Americans aren't afraid to beat up a cop, but when we do, we go to prison under a pile of false charges. I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a prison cell. Can't fight for freedom in there.

And what makes you believe you aren't already in a form of Prison? It might be a huge cell but brother we live on a prison planet and we are all prisoners to the devices of tyrannical financial madmen!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
As many like myself, we were taught in the Public Fool System, under the Dept Of Indoctrination about the labor movement.

Speak for yourself, a huge number of people don't even know what the labor movement of a century ago was.

Triangle fire?
Ludlow massacre?
Eugene Debs?
Battle of Blair Mountain?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

you kinda gotta wonder. is it the fluoride in the water? why are americans so scared of straight beating the crap outta cops and it reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

i am for a peaceful protest because of the looming martial law, but then again... doesn't it already look like martial law?

Whether you are peaceful or not, Martial Law WILL come to America.
Courtesy of the US Govt Regime, you (even now) have to
keep quiet, be compliant,
don't complain whatever comes your way (low wages, no job, no, no, no, ),
as anything less means you are a threat, and will be dealt with.

new topics

top topics

join