It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States v.s. Russia?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Freedom_Fighter117

The Russians don't want Europe. They would certainly like a warm water port though, I'm certain.

Actually, if the Russians don't care for Muslims, then I suppose that isn't so bad. If Russians can get past their natural suspicion of other nations of the West, and join up, we could do a hell of a good job where everyone could do better for their nations.

Heh, actually, they don't really need that many ports, there fine with the amount they have, and the russians want europe, i may have looked it through the eyes of the soviets, who wanted to crush capitialism, but they don't anymore because there deomcratic, and for that im sorry.

But

The russians still hate the west for there views of russia
The russians hate the muslims, with a passion. i mean, even putin hate's them and so does medenov, the new russian president.

They sent many muslims to those lovely gulags in siberia

oh and all the wars they had with them

Russo-Turkish War (1568–1570)
Russo-Crimean Wars
Russo-Crimean War (1571)
Russo-Turkish War (1676–1681)
Russo-Turkish War (1686–1700)
Russo-Turkish War (1710–1711)
Russo-Turkish War (1735–1739)
Russo-Turkish War (1768–1774)
Russo-Turkish War (1787–1792)
Russo-Turkish War (1806–1812)
Greek War of Independence
Russo-Turkish War (1828–1829)
Russo-Turkish War (1853–1856) (Crimean War)
Russo-Turkish War (1877–1878)
Russo-Turkish War (1914–1917)

oh russians love the muslims with a passion

oh, don't forget what the soviets did to them during communism, that was bloody and terrible, muslims were killed, lots of them

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
usa-vs-russia.com vote for your country, now! russian is win!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokuhadzushi

Well, maybe you should look in your history book the UK had a mandate over them in the first place, it was their land they can do what they want with it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
usa-vs-russia.com vote for your country!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This would start in a world war 3:
allies:
United States
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Netherlands
etc

Enemy:
Former Soviet Union
Cuba
Vietnam
China(ROC) AND PROC
South America
etc

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_Fighter117
They do, the russians hate islam, they had three wars with them in the past, don't think there going to be friendly with them you think, like sending captive muslims to gulags in siberia, a friendly touch.

I am Russian, so I think I know Russians' attitude towards Islam. Russians do not hate Islam - you are completely wrong and you do not know what you are talking about. Islam is second most popular religion in Russia after Christianity, and over 15% of Russian population are Muslims. Chechnya is by far not the only Muslim region in Russia. Far more Muslims live in Tatarstan - and Tatarstan and its religion is a very important cultural part of Russia.

Russians did not have "three" wars with Muslims. There were two Chechen wars - and the only Muslims involved were the Chechen/Ingush/Dagestani and insurgent extremists.

Captive Muslims to Siberia? Seriously - what are you talking about?

Originally posted by Freedom_Fighter117
The russians supply europe with oil, yes, i may said it in a 19th century POV, and i apologize, but the russians want europe, end of story

Want Europe? Huh? Why would they want Europe? What for?

[edit on 8-11-2008 by maloy]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
China vs England = China win because China has nukes aswell and can use them and because I am counting diplomacy to in Russia vs. China, Russia would find some allies etc. Cuba and China and most likely give China the tech for Inter continental balistic missiles.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by U.S. Patriot

I like the whole biblical thing you got going on but you missed one thing, Jews don't belive in jesus!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
heres an interesting question , if russia and the usa went to war what would happen with country that are allied to both countries . I am a kiwi so lets take new zealand for example , new zealand has been allied with russia since they faught together in world war 2 and remained allies all through the cold war and still are allies today . But then new zealand is also allied with america and has been for the same amount of time so if those two countries went to war what would happen with countries like new zealand .

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Russia would win hands down. Our army's moral is totally shot and the equipment is wore out. The russians are free and their equipment has been kept up unlike ours. The US is also totally bankrupt where as russia has billions of dollars to play with. Russia attacking the US would probably start a civil war in this country also unlike in russia. Putin is the most popular leader ever while bush is the most despised. Obama wouldn't be any better especially if He pushes to far to the left he would be despised by many. I know I wouldn't fight for these cock suckers would you?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
oh yea rusia definatley they got the hardest spec ops(not the best hostage rescue but goddamn they know ow to get target) in every op alfa brigade was in they killed those terrorists to a pulp if u ever hear of the time in the 70s where they got hafizullah amin while being far outnumbere by his elite gaurd and nearby garrison seriously look into it! itl raize some eyebrows. plus they got the best AA in the world check out the s 400 triumf and their infantry is 10 times harder trust me my cuz is in usmc and after i told him about the russia infantry equivilent training he said he changed his mind about what s hard russia has infantry guns that can defend and attack and it pisses me off when people say we can attack siberia cuz our gear has been tested in a laska wich doesnt nearly reach siberian average temp

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The United States would win because they would drop me and Chuck Norris in the middle of Moscow to do work.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
russia and america have massive armies
both heavily armed
both highly advanced
russia has its own large resource reserves though
they have massive amounts of untapped oil and natural gas
america on the other had does not
we have reserves but only limited
i think the war would be decided on what country invaded
and what was taken or destroyed in the battles
but ultimately it would depend on the resolve of the nations and the people of them
its hard for an occupying force to keep the people from fighting them also (look at war in iraq although they are in small numbers)
but if that happens more forces would have to be devoted to the occupation and less on the front
a war between russia and the united states would be catastrophic no matter what way it went
i doubt nukes would be involved thought because the cities are worthless if there full of radiation and well gone
if they did get involved it mutually assured destruction

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The winner gets nuclear fallout and slow death at best.

Usually you play games when you see a prize worth competing for, in this case only those bent on suicide would play.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
If it were just Russia and the United States against each other one on one, with no strings attached, just all of our military might againt theirs, who would win in the end and why?

As I stated in another related thread to this one, if it were a WWIII scenario with conventional weapons, it would be a long drawn out stalemate.

But that wont happen, both sides will whip out the big guns..ie nukem's and the entire world will be obliverated.

No one will win.

Wars are not meant to be won...they are only meant to be fought and to die.

War...we dont need no stinkin war!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Why hasn't anyone discussed NATO's involvement? "An attack on one, is an attack on all". It wouldn't be Russia versus the United States. It would be Russia against The United States, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
Not to mention that the United States would have its other allies Japan, Australia, Egypt, Israel, Mexico, Jordan, and perhaps even France. If you consider alliances it is a completely different war. It would be a multiple front war in Russia.

China would remain netural as the United States is it's biggest trading partner.

There also is confusion to military manpower, Russia may be a larger nation then the United States. But the United States has a larger population. The United States has 59,413,358 males from the ages 16 - 49 available to fight, versus Russia's 21,488,878.

Russia has been succesfully invaded, despite widespread belief in this forum, by Mongolia and Germany (WWI). America on the other hand has not been invaded successfully and has fought wars on its soil such as The Revolutionary War and the Civil War. American civilians are also highly armed with a ratio of 90 guns per 100 citizens. Russia in comparsion has 30 guns per 100 citizens.

In the end if nuclear bombs were used the United States and Western Europe would win the war, because of the vast amount of hydroponic techonolgy avaiable in those countries. As well as the United States possessing a grain supply that could feed the whole nation for 10 years. Obviously there would be grave casualties if this was the case including most of Western Europe and The United States as well as the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that usa would win this war if it ever starts. Im from lithuania, former member of CCCP, so most of lithuanian adult males were in soviet army. Now everyone agrees that the power of soviet army are based on a lie and alcohol addiction. All what russians could do is to drink and talk bull# about how strong they were/are. therefore i believe that russia will destroy itself because ofa social disiparity, weak economics and so on. I bet no one would support russia except same fools like they are. It would be a fight against good vs evil. thanks for atention, Justin

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi, All.

Alike war was possible a few time ago: Russia've been betrayed by some persons;-) now, i can bet, this war will not: on the our Planet was started cycle mechanism of natural cataclysms -- it will destructed our poor civilization. russian land is most adjusted to start new life for people, who will survive.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join