It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States v.s. Russia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If it were just Russia and the United States against each other one on one, with no strings attached, just all of our military might againt theirs, who would win in the end and why?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
neather both countries would be wastelands, before you say oh but what about the SDI, well all the russians need to do is bring it in to the mainland via mexico and you would be screwed, say they send 8 nukes in on the ground via mexico, then by border patrol estimates they would catch 2 of the 8 nukes which would leave 6 nukes unaccounted for free to take out 6 major cities, and the americans would use steath bombers, or maybe aurora if it is working whitch i think it is. end result England comes out the winnercause they will still have tecnological superiority over china.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The result would be both as wastelands, as was mentioned. From what I have gleened so far, SDI works, but only so far. The sheer numbers involved, when talking about warheads, are staggering.

Factoring out nukes, the US, hands down....but at a terrible price, as some bombers would be able to penetrate US airspace, and bomb US cities. Also, I doubt we're the only ones with Stealth. It's likely the Russians have these secrets (as they simply played the spy game a little better)...perhaps $tranger has some info on a Soviet stealth?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In the autumn of 1990, Iraq attacked Kuwait, a United States ally. The United States responded by leading a multinational attack against Iraq, a Russian ally (Iraq's military equipment is Russian). Russia remained silent.

What if Syria and Israel go to war and Damascus is destroyed? Since Syria is Russia's ally, will Russia respond by launching a multinational attack against Israel as the United States did against Iraq?

Russia will probably demand that the United States remain on the sidelines, as Russia did in the United States' multinational attack against Iraq.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Look, first of all, if Israel wanted Syria, it'd be a done deal already. Its a skewed view of things that you have thinking that Israel is out to conquer the Arab world. I must be looking at my atlas different because it show only Arab attacks on Isreal...whenever they want a good ass-kicking that is. Jihad is Arab for "kick my ass for me please".

next Russia will be involved in the future. They need Arab oil and would love nothing more than a warm water sea port. All of which they could have by backing these countries and holding off the U.S. while Israel is destroyed in exchange. See most of the hate toward the US from Arab countries is due to our unwillingness to be party to the genocide of the Israelis. For some reason or another, they can't get the job done themselves. Thats where Russia will come in and from all eveidence, its not far off. Now, befor eyou go accusing me of being biased, I'm not a jewish person or have any stake in it whatsoever. But I deal strickly with facts and actions not intentions or what leaders say..ie Arafat. So, get ready to see Russia and the US go at it. ..I would say its going to be the last thing a lot of do see. Be well.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"it only involves arab attacks on israel"

Then your schoolmap seems to be skewed.

Israel is illegally occupying and settling Palestine for more than 40 years now, redundantly massacrating palestinians (more than 3000 deaths in the last two years alone!) and repressing their education and welfare system. That is a continued aggression against the arabs.

The Israeli (led by defence minister Ariel Sharon) attack on Lebanon, and the genocide of 1982 are another attack by Israel on the palestinians.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I can't keep this up. Look just go strap a bomb to yourself and see if what you believe is right. I don't care. I don't care about Arafat's plight to destroy a race of people. I think he's a nasty old bastard..and for crying out loud, he's not even palastinian. He's an Egyptian troublemaker that no one else will let into their country. Arabs included. His wife lives in Manhatten in a penthouse for the love of Pete. His entire living is fostered on keeping the blood flowing. If I had the chance, I put a bullet in his ass and I'm not even closed to being Jewish or Israeli. He makes my butt crave buttermilk and i don't even like buttermilk!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Palestine never existed, and thanks to the "Palestinians", seems destined to never exist.

Isreal isn't repressing their education and infrastructure...their (Palestinians) preference to using money to build bombs instead of schools, buy machine guns for kids instead of books, might have something to do with it though....

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The next event that we will probably see is the attack upon Israel by a coalition of Arab and ex-Soviet states, as written over 2500 years ago by the prophet EZEKIEL (see chapters 38, and 39), who describes this attack and identifies these nations as: Gog of the land of Magog, of Rosh, Mesheck and Tubal, (this area corresponds to parts of the ex Soviet Union) - Persia, (Iran) - Cush, (Ethiopia) - Put, (Libya) - Gomer, (parts of eastern Turkey and Ukraine) - and the house of Togarmah, (southern Turkey). (This attack will probably be a retaliation against Israel's prior nuclear attack on Syria, in which Damascus will be obliterated)

In this list we find some of Israel's most rabid enemies of our days. The ex-Soviet Moslem states have intensified contacts with fundamentalist Moslem countries like Iran, certainly one of the most fanatical enemies of Israel. We also have heard that Iran has acquired nuclear expertise and fission material from Russia and is always shopping for more. It's a well documented fact that Iran in particular, is constantly shopping for warfare technology, having no problem to pay for it through the sale of its petroleum while its population lives rather meagerly the joys of the revolution, come the news of Russia's sale of a powerful submarine to the Iranian fleet and a news report from the Iranian State Agency that Iran has just developed a missile capable of hitting Israel. Soon these nations will join together with the sole purpose of destroying Israel once and for all. But they are in for a big surprise, as is also the rest of the world.

The Bible expressly states that these nations will be defeated and destroyed, by a direct Act of God, both their armies and their home countries.

I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgement which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them.
So the house of Israel will know that I am the Lord their God from that day forward.
Ezek. 39:21, 22
Though the verses in Ezekiel 38 and 39 explain these events quite graphically, they will, nonetheless, leave the whole world gasping as they will unfold. Many will be the outcomes of this defeat, but we can name two main ones:

1) the end to Islam's expansion, (today easily the fastest growing religion) and to Arab bloody fundamentalism. (I will go one step further and say that this will be the end of Islam).

2) Israel will become the most influential nation on earth.

Only after this will Israel be able to build the Temple and experience a spiritual awakening, a prelude to her final conversion to the Lord Jesus Christ. Or does anybody in his right mind believes that Israel will be allowed to build the Temple as things stand presently, and with the two Moslem Mosques right in the Temple Wall area? Furthermore, Israel is as worldly and apostate as she can be, with only a small percentage of Jews desperately (and blindedly) clinging to their beloved Torah. This situation will reverse itself after the supernatural victory that God will grant Israel over their enemies.

The Temple must be built, because it is fundamental to the Tribulation period. The Antichrist will use it and so, it is obvious that before it can be built there must be a shakedown of the present situation. We know that preparations are being made for the sacrifices, (the "red heifer" news). The sacred vessels and the priest's garments are being readied, as are the the priests who will perform the rites.

We must keep our eyes focused upon Israel, God's timepiece!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
US Patriot, hey good to know somebody else out there knows whats going on.

dom

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Oh for god sake. The Palestinian people have been radicalised *because* they've been under occupation for all these years. Before this latest intifada a majority of Palestinians were against suicide bombing, but not any more, now that ~1000-1500 Palestinian civlians have been killed. See the pattern?

And I really don't care about the bible when it comes to Israel. If we're going to go back 2000 years, why don't we go back 500 years and demand that the US give all it's land over to the Native Americans. (I'm sure they'll be happy to let you live there if you pay enough rent)

And why don't Israel occupy Syria? Because all hell would break loose, that's why. Can you imagine the cost? Looking after the West Bank and Gaza is already crippling the Israeli economy.

As for wars... Suez, Lebannon attacks mentioned above. Israel isn't blameless, although I can see that some of these attacks are self-defence. The fact is though, the occupation of the West Bank is not self-defence anymore.

As for Russia-US. US would win. But large casualties on both sides (assuming things stayed conventional). Total casualties if not.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   

americans would use steath bombers, or maybe aurora

russia will knock em down they got thousands of s400 and s300

lol remember that f117 that was knocked in yugoslavia?
and you are talking like russia got no planes..

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If i were in Russia, I think I'd be worried more about where to get a sandwich than world domination right about now.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
..and BTW, lets keep this talk about Aurora under wraps. there is no such plane OK?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
then the Russians have it at least in the research stage... One thing they've always done well, is the spy game, and when it comes to secrecy, they're pretty damned good. Gotta give props where props are due...

I have no doubt that we could beat Russia in a non-nuclear confrontation (in a nuclear confrontation, the whole world loses), but the cost would be far too great to even consider. Let us all pray (US, Russia, Others) that we never find out the answer to this question, and that it remains in the realms of "what ifs"....

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
If i were in Russia, I think I'd be worried more about where to get a sandwich than world domination right about now.

You know, someone please fill my ignorant void.

Is America responsible for keeping everyone on earth fed? Is it possibly other countries would be so stupid as to rely on America to supply the very source of energy required to survive as a human. (food)

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think we are but it makes us feel good inside. No one ever dominated to world by giving somebody something to eat..or have they? This Iraq thing wasn't even won with guns as much as it was won with food and the possibilities thereof. Thats sad. This guy was supposed to be a great leader but to his people MRE's are a God send. Its a shame and a mortal sin that anyone have to live with hunger in today's world. The example is to show people how to feed themselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
People, I will say it again, the key word in warfare, LOGISTICS, say if after me, L_O_G_I_S_T_I_C_S, of which Russia has little to none

What is needed for war:
Troops Advantage USA
Technology Advantage USA
FOOD** Advantage USA
OIL Advantage USA
Clothing Advantage USA (More important than you may think)
Mobility Advantage USA

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON RUSSIAN INTERNAL POLITICS

I say USA wins in less than one year, no one would nuke, that territory is going to be valuable to the winner

Manifest Destiny would be reinstated by the USA, Land Grabbing by Red Russia, can't habitate nuked areas people

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I think we are but it makes us feel good inside. No one ever dominated to world by giving somebody something to eat..or have they? This Iraq thing wasn't even won with guns as much as it was won with food and the possibilities thereof. Thats sad. This guy was supposed to be a great leader but to his people MRE's are a God send. Its a shame and a mortal sin that anyone have to live with hunger in today's world. The example is to show people how to feed themselves.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. No doubt it feels good to help someone in need.

My point was how could whole other country rely on America to supply a life source? Anyone who would do that would be owned.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm sure that $tranger could enlighten you on Russia's capabilities, but they certainly have the mobility to mount a major offensive to the US, as well as the oil, equipment, and technology.

I'm no big fan of Russian government, past or present, but to underestimate them is a grave mistake, and not an acknowledgement of the facts....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join