It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife Investigations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Half way through this and its really interesting. Will continue tomorrow, but suddenly falling asleep in my chair. The radio EVP was quite convincing, even a voice match.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've watched it several times, and have done deeper research into specifics contained within it. It's the best evidence collective that exists, and I'm really amazed that the best it's gotten is such scattered and passive acceptance. This 5 year study was revolutionary in a lot of ways, but again, if it doesn't dovetail with the Standard Model then scientists won't even look at it, and if it doesn't promote "Spirit" as the universal boss of everything, then everyone else that might benefit from this information won't bother with it either.

Watching this documentary (we actually bought the DVD and it was worth it for the improved quality of sound and images) and isolating on specific aspects, I've gained new insight into seemingly unrelated phenomena. One very surprising insight was a new view of crop circles, and who might very well be behind them. The fact that the Scole Experiment involved a actual team of deceased scientists and physicists (allegedly, of course) definitely suggests a very good reason why each calender year, the authentic crop circles feature a specific theme and take the effort to outdo the previous year's suite of manifestations in specificity of design and association with well known mathematical and scientific memes. In other words, the fact that the author(s) of these insanely elaborate and scientifically cryptic crop formations seem to act so "human" may be much less of a mystery than it seems at first glance. In fact, it may be the biggest clue of all that these formations aren't being crafted by aliens, but by passed over human scientists who are trying to communicate with their colleagues they left behind.

It must be extremely frustrating if that's the case, but these would be patient and determined people - as most scientists are.
edit on 12/8/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ok, since everyone is asking, i think i have the
answers to the edison diagram.

I have been contimplating this for a while now...
just have not had the money to get the parts i need
to put together to test it..

So i will share...

If you look at the diagram, it shows 2 coils of copper wire,
one is going into the other then the leads are coming out of
the box, which one would attach to the microphone, there should
be a positive and negative side to the coils, the foam is to keep
the vibration from one coil going to the other and causing them to
feed off of each other and vibrate and build until it squeals like a
microphone held to close to a speaker....

Now think to your self... Where in modern electronics have you seen
anything like this..........

i had this idea a few months ago, and wish i had the cash to test it...

ever picked up a electric guitar?... what do you have?
2 pick up's that are adjustable (hence screw in middle of the box)
that pick up vibrations and go to a amplifier or recorder...

basically a guitar pick up is nothing more than wire wrapped around
a magnet.

a LOT like the coils in the diagram..

the only difference is there was no magnet in the diagram.
So i am unsure if this would help or hurt the evp session.
The only way anyone would know that would be to test it.

but basically the diagram is just a copper wire coiled, that loops to another
coil wire that is copper, one lead end starts the first copper wire, and the
other lead end is at the end of the second copper wire.

If you stop and start the video you can see the whole diagram as well
as read what is on the film, now as far as the blue diagram, there looked
to be more coils, that was a bit hard to see since they did not show all
of it.

But if anyone tries to build this... i want to know if it works like i expect
it to.

My theory was to use guitar pick up's, run the lead's to a 1/4" connector
find a low watt amp, nothing huge, but small like the pocket amp's
and run extra wires from the speaker on the amp to go to a tape
recorder, thus allowing you to hear what is received as well as record it.

hmmm now i gave away my secret.. *g*.

But seriously if anyone try's this keep me updated on the result's.
I think it would work quite well.

P.S. they have info on it at the site
www.thescoleexperiment.com...

P.P.S. After further review i do believe my idea will work, reading
the page above and looking at the diagrams.
The only question is will the magnet help or hurt.

edit on 8-12-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I really want to read the transcripts of the sittings, but i cant find my way around the site, all i seem to get to is the psychic photos, any clues anyone ?? please?? Im so interested in this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The film part was interesting. I read some critics/skeptic writeups on this and they really didn't like the part about it being in the dark and the infared camera not being used. But it was used finally a bit. They didn't like the part about the luminescent wrist bands as that is a trick used in seances and easy to slip out of. And yet, the film was sealed and held on researchers laps. I didn't like the hand, I thought that was so gimmicky. But the rest was most odd.

However the EVP work done by Macello Bacci. That interests me the most. I tried EVP years ago and erased it all, thought its scarey, too wide open, who are we giving the mike too? What I did was use the audacity program and a microphone, relatively cheap one from staples. And I knew you needed energy, so those old recorders were best. So what i did was experiment with different filters, running water, a big fan turned on, and a variety of things. And the energy does help form the voices. Some small amounts were clear, the others were obvious voice, and the recoding gave a voice print just like his, even when it had a kind of voice tone but wasn't easy to understand.

In any case, that interests me alot. Plus not too worried about the dark side taking over anymore since its a legitimate thing for alternative (not card carrying athiest) scientist to do, and don't give any permissions to take over. Your intent of heart protects you.

Anyway, I have been searching this:

DEATH DOESN'T EXIST -2- The dead's voices.wmv

May get another microphone soon, kids lost my usb skype headset, it worked nicely. I feel interested again in seeing what works well again to get some results. A kind of energetic background is needed, like I said, fan going, water running, washing machine on maybe. It's almost like they use the energy from sound waves and then manipulate it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, hi, hope you are keeping well. Please do you have a link to the transcripts of the sittings because i hate watching films, sorry to be a pain but i really want to read this.

just realised, maybe there are no transcripts and you have to buy the book.

edit on 8-12-2012 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Report 5 years later

www.netplaces.com...

listverse.com...
Top 10 Bizarre Afterlife Experiments

I just scanned many links both skeptics and otherwise, not sure there is a transcript unless you send for the report which costs 15 dollars. And I don't feel like it.

When it comes to this and ufology, even evidence, from evp recordings to film pictures, to implant surgery, to radiation being picked up, medical records in some cases, regression and testimony, you are always left with the door open on the bigger mysteries of life and it takes personal searches.

I'm just grateful some are doing it, so that people do have a choice, we don't just have to think a certain way, but have a smorgesbord of options and things to explore.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thankyou

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Its all just reviews, and some skeptic ones and forums. There is a report and a link in my history now, for buying the so called peer review writeup for 15 dollars, though I don't even know if ATS has rules against that.

But google scole report reprint original 1999 should bring it up

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound a little weird, but I tend to post some things right out, when I feel something. While watching the seance material and photos, it felt devoid of energy. I didnt think that meant it was, but that something was contrived, maybe even on the spirit side, to manipulate the film, if this is more a science to everyone on all sides say, it could be devoid of the energy signature or spirit.

But I'm listening to the video above and 2:04 there is a conversation, that is NOT devoid of energy. I lit up like a christmas tree with this incredible warm greeting coming from within, just happy and sending love like I do, when this happens. Bacci has some real things going on there for sure. Now in the video he had a message coming in for the group too, so I don't discount the seance stuff either. But prefer the EVP. Wonder if anyone else has gotten results with just a roll of film. I know digital pics come out somewhat mysterious at times, but sealed film would be rather interesting.

That is something too, with mediumship. Is that a kind of psi itself? There are various kinds, is there is a list of symptoms that are medium type ones. Because I can feel energy signatures and even warm greeting, happiness, the connection. Even off a video, its in real time, for there is no time.

www.worlditc.org...
This seems to have information for those wishing to try EVP.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ive had a look at some of the pictures and words that were imprinted on the film, and was interested by the quote "can you see behind the moon?

Gold star to the first person to tell me what im thinking about????

(even though its highly unlikely and purely speculation at the mo)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't know what you're thinking, but the far side of the moon brings ET to mind. And yes, that has also been on my mind watching the video. But, ET? What realm is Mr. ET in anyway. Yes there is interaction in ours, but we're in a huge kalediscope of relams. I feel that the NDE, Lucid Dream, Astral and one that many Ets operate out of, the one connected to us out of many possible other ones, is a real realm and One and the Same realm.

So I need to learn Italian do I? Most of his good videos are in Italian and so wish someone would sub them. I liked them subbed at least, or to have a video program that did it automatically.

Now looking for english EVP research.

ART BELL CLASSIC SHOW EVP Research
edit on 8-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yeah your right.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My paranormal group uses the movie as a part of training initiation. The interesting thing that I take away from the movie is the Edison device.

With all of the paranormal groups out there, why isn't anyone making/using/selling such a device? Does it really work? If it did, it might have more credibility than some of the useless junk that passes for ghost hunting equipment these days. (and don't get me started on phone apps, or you'll never get me to shut up)

Also did anyone catch the reason why they couldn't use night vision cameras? That one is unexpectedly curious, because of how many ghost hunters use night vision equipment. At one time, I worked with another paranormal group who was inspired to do their own version of the scole experiments, but they went in a different direction and definitely used night vision cameras. In the couple of months I sat on their experiment, there was a bit of touching trance channeling and normal ghost-like stuff, but nothing on the scale of the scole's work. I guess that comes from doing something twice a week for 5 years.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I tell you what . In regards to the crop circles being used by entities in another dimension does make more sense to me than aliens coming here in their crafts and then doing graffiti with our crops.

However, why not just write something versus just the drawings ? In the movie from the other side Thomas Edison created plans for a device to communicate with the other side and signed the document. Also in the movie numerous other entities communicated via their native language. Of course if they wrote something along the lines of " Hey this is me Thomas Edison" who would believe it, but who is believing the crop circles by themselves. Perhaps they could write the meaning behind the crop circle design? That might help

A few things about the film that bother me are:
1. Where are the follow up documents, scientific vetting, interviews, continued research? I mean if you take what happened as the truth in the film , this is the biggest discovery Man has made up to now? As a scientist you couldn't just simply stop and not continue with more advanced research?

2. How truly controlled were the experiments. For example , the scientist provided the film that was used during one of the experiments where faces were shown. However, did he use his own machine to develop the film or did he use the participants device? If it the device used belonged to the participants then it could contain some modification that printed out the picture.

3. Where are the details of the experiments?

Ofcourse, i haven't throughly searched for myself for follow up information do to lack of time. So it might be there, but those are the things I'm looking to further research in the near futures.

Has anyone found additional information about the study after the movie was made?

*Of course this is all speculative and assuming the movie results are all valid.
edit on 14-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I believe in the film they say that the created the device and it worked.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Didn't John Lear say something about a device on the other side of the moon where it catches our souls? Or was it that Roswell 4 hour interview where it talked about the same thing and our souls being captured and wiped clean before being reincarnated.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aplanetaryguide

Also did anyone catch the reason why they couldn't use night vision cameras? That one is unexpectedly curious, because of how many ghost hunters use night vision equipment.

I believe they said the reason they didn't use it was because the mediums in the experiment didn't want them to use it. However, they snuck one in a couple of times.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saw this documentary a few months ago for the first time and was riveted. It was the first I'd ever heard of the experiments or Bacci.

Unfair as it might be, when something seems to good to be true it definitely brings out the skeptic in me. The film situtation seemed a bit odd. Like, why was a special box needed to contain it? Scientists/observers were getting so hung up on the box and the film itself that I think they missed thoroughly investigating the actual processing of the film. Classic magicians trick of getting everyone so interested in looking elsewhere for the hoax that we miss the slight of hand. It seems that the point of the film being processed when it could very easily be an entirely different roll of film getting processed than what was at the seance... or there could be some artistry in the processing itself that adds the images at that point.

The pictures they got from the film looked so ... not right. They literally looked like cut and paste jobs of people's faces - the sort of photographic fakery we'd see with the Victorians. But... who am I to say what photographic messages from the spirit realm would look like?

I had other issues with this group (the apparent "grey" they caught on video was a bit far-fetched,I remember), but I'd have to re-watch the documentary to recall them and comment further. I'd like to think they were catching something real, but I can't be sure and my gut instinct was telling me that something wasn't quite right. I have no proof of any definite hoax going on, though... and i'd very much like for this to all be real.

The case of Mr. Bacci and his EVP radio was fascinating. First I had read of this as well. I was very skeptical of it (again, too good to be true), but when the documentary claimed they had a voice print match I was very intrigued. Does anyone know much about voice print matching? How accurate is that? I wonder what the odd are of getting a false positive with that.

I'm glad to see this thread about this documentary, but it is really exciting stuff. I want to believe there is some real truth in there somewhere too.

EDITED TO ADD...

As for Bacci and his EVP voice matching, I found this:

Scientific investigations into Bacci include voice print analysis using FBI software. Recordings of people’s voices before they died have been compared to those emerging from Bacci’s radio have produced a 97% match. This is the first time Bacci’s work has appeared in a UK/US production.

from here: www.theafterlifeinvestigations.com...#!synopsis

BUT... a 97% match I don't believe correlates to a 97% certainty or confidence that the voice heard through Bacci's device was the same as the voice of the deceased loved one (for which they also had a real-life recording). I mean, surely any two people could have a certain percentile of matching and it doesn't mean they are the same people. Can anyone explain how significant a 97% match is in terms of certainty? Thanks!!

ALSO... found this

expertpages.com...

which states...

"Several studies have been published on the reliability of voice identification. A Federal Bureau of Investigation survey of its own performance in the voiceprint examination of 2,000 forensic cases revealed an error rate of 0.31 percent for false identifications and 0.53 percent for false eliminations.The process of identifying voices visually involves translating the wave patterns produced by the voice into a pictorial display called a spectrogram. The spectrogram serves as a permanent record of the words spoken and facilitates the visual comparison of similar words spoken by an unknown and known speaker's voice.

Is it possible for a person to "fool" a spectrograph (the device that produces the spectrogram)?Not really, Cain says."You can disguise your voice," he notes, "but you're not fooling the spectrograph; you're just not giving a parallel sample. If you distort your natural speaking voice to the point that you're not giving parallel voice samples you're really not comparing apples and apples. You're comparing apples and oranges. An experienced operator would notice this immediately. If I see this I won't stand for it and I will tell the court I will not accept such a sample and often they'll throw the defendant in jail for failing to comply with the district attorney's request for a natural, undisguised sample."Cain says that it's essential that speech samples contain exactly the same words and phrases as those in the questioned sample, because only identical speech sounds are used for comparison. He says the suspect should not be allowed to read the phrases from a transcript but should repeat each phrase after it is spoken by someone else. To avoid an unnatural response, the suspect should repeat the first phrase and proceed in the same manner with each successive phrase.What are the limits of the accuracy of voiceprints?'The limits," says Cain, "generally are the quality of the evidence it self. It's like any other pattern-matching skill, such as handwriting. You have to have good samples."

and

Do voiceprints compare in accuracy to fingerprints?

"If done properly, yes, in my opinion," says Cain, who adds, "However, with fingerprints you have static images that don't change unless some damage is done to the fingerprint ridge detail. In voiceprints these are dynamic qualities. For example, when you say good morning to your wife or husband early in the morning before you've had your first cup of coffee and then say it again later in the morning there will be some changes in the pitch of your voice and how you stress certain vowels. That's why we get several repetitions of a speaker's voice, saying the same thing, so we can find the range of variation."

Sorry for the long post...

edit on 14-12-2012 by VegHead because: adding some Bacci stuff

edit on 14-12-2012 by VegHead because: more stuff to add

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why is it the best evidence of the afterlife, ufo's or what have you only get 2 pages and a handful of flags? I'm at the part where Thomas Edison put his initials on the undeveloped film showing how to produce a more effective audio recorder to catch EVPs. All I can say now, even though I'm already a believer is WOW. Even the alien dude that showed up on film with his almond black eyes. Double WOW.

After I'm done watching this, I want to see if I can track down more of the SCOLE recordings. Great post S&F many times over if I could.

Skeptics, you really need to watch this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join