It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire West Coast Hit Hard by Radiation!! Fukushima

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I live in Vancouver. I feel healthy. Haven't been sick since before fukushima started. everyday i've been good.
about 3-4 months ago I went for a run and it started to rain, but it felt like acid was embedded within it and I had to run home. i'm sure that has nothing to do with radiation, unless someone can correct me.

Rain will concentrate the radiation, but your more than likely experiencing acid rain. Especially living near a city like Vancouver.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by yourmaker

I live close to you in the Fraser Valley, and my sons and I have been sick since April almost non stop, for them. They've missed about a half of the school days since Fukushima. Stomach pains are frequent.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

go for walks whenever you can, practice some light kicking, punching, do situps, easy pushups,
don't force yourself too hard but try to finish them. do all of that in spare time. it keeps your body maintained at a good level, good bloodflow means oxygen to the brain etc...

honestly I don't eat proper either, but it's very consistent.
mostly steak, chicken, lots of 2%milk, KD, tv dinners, bananas, drink water, fruit punch and vitamin water.
I don't eat vegetables.

I forget to add that I also stopped eating fastfood. Only milkshakes are fine but everything else you would be better off not eating and spending that money on something you can make at home or at least slightly healthier.
don't eat mcdonalds.

stuff like that keeps you out of sickness I think. although eating veggies is probably better than not

edit on 31-10-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
All you really need to do is do some research.
I have been on this nuke ride since the beginning.
And,believe me,this is not the first time.
It has been going on since the first atomic tests.
Let me direct your attention to this site,www.nuclearcrimes.org...

NuclearCrimes.org is a growing collection of analyses on historical and ongoing nuclear events that directly or indirectly threaten global public health. These analyses investigate cover-ups or suppressed truths that are sorely lacking in the body of knowledge concerning our nuclear age.

Just the tip of the iceburg.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Let the rads come, I could care less as long as I die happy in So-Cal, I'll be chillin' puffin on my chewy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You do realize that date of the information it 'picked out' was news back in MAY, restating again now makes it re- hashed news.

“High concentrations” of radiation hit US and Canada — Plume was rich in Cesium-137 and “close to the surface” from Vancouver southward — See also Hawaii, Florida (MAPS)

SOURCE: Xenon-133 and caesium-137 releases into the atmosphere from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, Stohl, A., Seibert, P., Wotawa, G., Arnold, D., Burkhart, J. F., Eckhardt, S., Tapia, C., Vargas, A., and Yasunari, T. J., October 20, 2011

Here are some excerpts concerning North America [Emphasis Added]:

“Already on 15 March, a first isolated 133Xe cloud reached western North America, followed by the arrival of high concentrations of both 133Xe and 137Cs on 19 March.”
“The main part of the radioactive plume entered western North America on 17–18 March. On 18 March at 12:00UTC, the head of the plume had already arrived over the North Atlantic, but the main part was located over the eastern Pacific Ocean and western North America, where it could be detected at monitoring sites. This part of the plume was also rich in 137Cs, as it was still close to the surface south of 50 [Most of US/Canada border is 49°]. At the same time, the plume penetrated the subtropics and arrived at Hawaii on 19 March.”
“A map of the simulated surface concentrations of 133Xe for 22 March shows that all of western North America was engulfed by the FD-NPP plume, as well as parts of eastern North America and eastern Asia.”

ABSTRACT: ACPD – Xenon-133 and caesium-137 releases into the atmosphere from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: determination of the source term, atmospheric dispersion, and deposition.

Ok. I'm not going to say the paper it comes from is invalid.

HOWEVER, I will say the bit published as 'today's' news, by ENENEWS was CHERRY PICKED for impact so someone would freak out.

I'll also say, if you are just waiting until now to 'Freak Out' over the fact that the reactors are still pumping radiation that has reached around the problem.... you are a bit slow on the uptake.

Some times you need to ignore the news 'blog sites' and go right to their sources.

Conclusions

In this study, we estimated the total releases of the radioactive isotopes 133Xe and
137Cs as well as their temporal emission patterns from the damaged Fukushima Daiichi
nuclear power plant (FD-NPP) in March and April 2011. The estimate is based on
15 an inverse modeling method, using the transport model FLEXPART and a large number
of available concentration and deposition measurements in Japan, North America,
Europe, and a few other locations. Despite the significant uncertainties in simulations
as well as measurements, the inversion method was able to produce model results that
are largely consistent with the measurement data.
20 Regarding the noble gas 133Xe, it is very likely that the accumulated inventory of
the reactor units 1–3 was completely set free into the atmosphere between 11 and 15
March. The study indicates a total release of 16.7 (uncertainty range 13.4–20.0) EBq,
which is the largest radioactive noble gas release in history not related to nuclear bomb
testing. The release is a factor of 2.5 higher than the Chernobyl 133Xe source term.
25 There is also strong evidence that the start of the release occurred early, already during
or shortly after the automatic emergency shutdown of the reactors triggered by the
big earthquake. This early onset of emissions is interesting and may indicate some
structural damage to the reactor units during the earthquake.

Source: www.atmos-chem-phys-discuss.net...

Yes this is an important study, but it's just that a study, and if you look at the whole PDF it says:

4.4.2 Hemispheric transport
During the accident events, 133Xe and 137Cs from FD-NPP were dispersed throughout
the Northern Hemisphere and eventually also reached the Southern Hemisphere. A
10 first radionuclide cloud ahead of the main plume was transported quickly across the
North Pacific at low altitudes in a steady westerly flow and arrived in western North
America on 15 March (upper right panel in Fig. 13).

It also goes on to state that the radiation has entered into the southern hemisphere... AKA the whole planet.

So in this case, you would have done better to have gone to the source, read it, and then come up with suitable topic title.

Such as:

"ACPD Study shows that radiation from Japan has traversed the globe as a result of May 2011 Fukishima explosions."

ENENEWS is a good blog, but they forget at times that the message is more important than sensationalism and page hits.

Yes as a matter of fact I am concerned, about Japan's nuclear plants are still radiating us. But I'm also smart enough to realize it's not just the WEST COAST of America, that needs to 'freak out' and be aware of the problem... it is the whole planet.

M.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Moshpet because: 42

edit on 31-10-2011 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks, I didn't even think of those fires.

I need to check dates, but that's a possible answer I will look into.

Can you please give a link regarding your scientist?

Thanks!

ETA - Well, reading about Chernobyl fires I'm seeing there have been over 1000 wildfires in the exclusion zone around Chernobyl, so it will be pretty hard to find a correlation here.

I'm curious about this event in California (800+ cpm) and when it occurred. I've never heard of it but again, the spikes in radiation in our water happened throughout 2010.
edit on 31-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

That is why I bang my head against the desk everytime I see one of these posts.
No offense OP,but I feel like I repeat the same info over and over again.
I am to the point of just letting it go and just let everyone suffer the consequences.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

It's still not an MSM article. These types of sites were saying the same thing back then.

I want to see it on Fox or CNN, THEN we can parade our tin foil hats.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canned2na
Let the rads come, I could care less as long as I die happy in So-Cal, I'll be chillin' puffin on my chewy.

Many of the aunts and uncles and relatives passed away from cancer due to all the atmospheric tests and no doubt due to the two bombs in Japan as well, because we wore those on the west coast.

Its not dying happy, its a extremely horrible way to go.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

It's still not an MSM article. These types of sites were saying the same thing back then.

I want to see it on Fox or CNN, THEN we can parade our tin foil hats.

Don't hold your breathe,cause you are not going to see those stories on MSM.

Oh,but wait!
Here is one.

Japan Nuclear Disaster Released Higher Radiation Levels Than Previously Reported, Study Finds

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
I see nothing abnormal according to this website run by the general internet community/public
www.RadiationNetwork.com...

I monitor this too and have not seen anything unusual. I also live in the Vancouver area and have yet to feel any sickness in any way shape or form nor have I noticed anyone I know or work with to be off sick. Until I see some localized evidence related to radiation exposure, I'm gonna have to assume people are either hypochondriacs or ill informed conspiracy nuts

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Okey dokey then.

I have been following the Fukushima story very closely since the earthquake and devastating tsunami. I have asked scientists I know, nuclear physicists and others about where they find real information. I have also watched as the news has virtually disappeared. There is something extremely disturbing going on, and having lived through the media blackout in France back in April and early May 1986, and speaking to doctors who are deeply concerned by the dramatic increase in cancers appearing at very young ages, it is obvious that information is being held back. We are still told not to eat mushrooms and truffles from parts of Europe, not wild boar and reindeer from Germany and Finland 25 years later.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now the Japanese government has moved to crack down on independent reportage and criticism of the government's policies in the wake of the disaster by deciding what citizens may or may not talk about in public. A new project team has been created by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication, the National Police Agency, and METI to combat "rumors" deemed harmful to Japanese security in the wake of the Fukushima disaster."

What say you now,naysayers?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hello all. I don't want make this a long story but I feel that I need to share a couple of facts and will repeat that, FACTS that should be at leaste considered. In no specific order here goes.
I have family that teaches in a well known university on the west coast. I was told by them long ago that they are to hush if put on "Hush Mode" Plenty of people have already voiced thier concerns about this accident in this thread. During WW2 The Japanese launched Balloons with bombs attached to hit the West Coast of The US. These floating bombs were launched and guided by The Jet Stream. Several hit thier mark but did not explode.The point is wind carried the wind and whatever else is part of it. I am An American and a VET and if your expect The Govt, the same govt that tells it's soldiers they are not sick when the are ill from the poisons of war (Thier Heros) you better think again if you expect an announcment from Obama. The MSM is owned by the whores of The PTB. Lastly How much radiation would you feel comfortable with.? I don't care what they say is safe. Its still leaking and the wind is coming out of the west where I live. I think that about covers it. I say this to anyone that it may apply to, but I say it as a concerned human being for you all posting and beyond. Thats one thing I can be sure of. You are all different but you are all human beings and that bond we do share. thx

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So, ...
If Kalifornia is being "hit Hard", all of those folks across that huge gap of a water filtration system in Japan must be wiped out.
Have our levels gone above the levels of say oregon yet?
Dunno, for some reason I'm not worried yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's some advice that came to me from countries far from Chernobyl. Don't eat the mushrooms. I thought I saw someone else post about this but for all the wild forest mushroom enthusiasts it can be repeated. Chernobyl was in April and I don't remember now if it was that fall or the next that people actually died from eating the mushrooms.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The article in your link is from last March. which makes this old news. the City I live in is constantly Monitoring the situation and has posted no Health warnings. I Live 1/4 mile from the Pacific, and swim/surf on a very regular basis. I am Fine. My friends are fine,the Seabirds are fine,the Seals are Fine.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by the6elf

Then I guess your fine and that is good. So whats your point? Are you speaking for everyone? Count your blessings.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm so glad I moved away from there... Everyone was calling me a paranoid conspiracy freak for wanting to get away from the massive amount of radiation.... and the fact living along the west coast line just sounds like a really bad idea...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

LOL, really?
You actually packed up and moved away from the west coast, because of Fukishima?
Apparently a few of us have managed to survive, despite being "Hit Hard by Radiation" .

Personally, ima gonna wait until someone in Japan dies before I even start looking for a new home.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I certainly respect your opinion, even if I don't share it. I just hope your hair doesn't start falling out. It will be what it is I guess. I just highly respect something that can kill me without feeling it sting !! I like to error on the side of caution. For some reason, the words of good ole' George Bush Jr come to mind when he said. " The economy is strong" etc and was lying through his teeth.. The Govt tells you the truth when you already know the truth..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join